EA Forums - Banner

Nomore yearly releases?

Prev1345
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fifa-madden-games-may-not-come-out-every-year-in-f/1100-6454813/

Not anytime soon.....sigh....and no mention of NHL although I cant imagine it wouldnt follow suit unless they are starting to flat out give up on that series.

4 year major release with live updates in between would be a MUCH healthier model.

Replies

• A healthy model is one time payment and supported by micro transactions. There's no reason for a subscription unless it's a game like eve or wow with an always live always changing world they have to maintain constantly.
  • well, good idea! they should stop this in nhl series for sure. Maybe one game in two years and between that only season patch.
  • They havent even patched the looping/resetting in this game yet and you think they will keep the patches coming in this format? lol nope
  • They havent even patched the looping/resetting in this game yet and you think they will keep the patches coming in this format? lol nope

Do you ever have anything nice or positive to say? Why even bother coming here if you are only here to troll? What benefit does that have to anyone?
  • Personally I would love it if sports games adapted a subscription model type. Say $50 a year with monthly updates as needed and semi annual major updates to add to core game modes such as Franchise, Be a Pro, etc. to go along with weekly roster updates and so on. There is no need to buy the game annually and have to install new versions of the game, they should just call it something like EA SPORTS NHL HOCKEY and go from there, it could be a good base model to go off of.
  • Personally I would love it if sports games adapted a subscription model type. Say $50 a year with monthly updates as needed and semi annual major updates to add to core game modes such as Franchise, Be a Pro, etc. to go along with weekly roster updates and so on. There is no need to buy the game annually and have to install new versions of the game, they should just call it something like EA SPORTS NHL HOCKEY and go from there, it could be a good base model to go off of.

No. Look at games like war thunder, warframe, unturned and the plethora of other free to play games and even some like csgo and Rocket League that are pay to play. All are supported by micro transactions that are setup exactly the same as ea's already are.

The only reason to not go this route is to continue to horde all the shekels.

Do you ever have anything nice or positive to say? Why even bother coming here if you are only here to troll? What benefit does that have to anyone?

You play Club on a nightly basis and get scrwed out of goals that should have counted than stripped away for no reason....................
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    They havent even patched the looping/resetting in this game yet and you think they will keep the patches coming in this format? lol nope

You play Club on a nightly basis and get scrwed out of goals that should have counted than stripped away for no reason....................

Your club was diving around the ice like babies when I played against you guys. And we had a goal removed from our score. And you still lost. Sounds like trolls to me.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    They havent even patched the looping/resetting in this game yet and you think they will keep the patches coming in this format? lol nope

Your club was diving around the ice like babies when I played against you guys. And we had a goal removed from our score. And you still lost. Sounds like trolls to me.

all you do is wingle your stick so please dont talk i scored against ur goalie so
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    B-Bunny wrote: »

all you do is wingle your stick so please dont talk i scored against ur goalie so

That was a bunch of random guys who got together to play a few games from lg. Im just saying after I saw you and your club play, you lost a lot of credibility in your posts.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

That was a bunch of random guys who got together to play a few games from lg. Im just saying after I saw you and your club play, you lost a lot of credibility in your posts.

feeling is mutual for you around here so
  • No more yearly releases? About a time!
    Subscribtion fees? What the frack?! No I would not pay that.
    Can we just get this for PC so we can mod it to oblivion?
  • In the past on these boards "last gen" I didn't really like @B-Bunny much. Lately I have a lot more respect for him. He doesn't seem like the bad guy I remember him being before. Lol idk if I grew up or he did or both but I'd have a beer with the guy.

He's not one sided at all and has issues with the game and has things he thinks are done well.
  • In the past on these boards "last gen" I didn't really like @B-Bunny much. Lately I have a lot more respect for him. He doesn't seem like the bad guy I remember him being before. Lol idk if I grew up or he did or both but I'd have a beer with the guy.

He's not one sided at all and has issues with the game and has things he thinks are done well.

Things were alot better when Joseph, Oilersguru were running things

How so?

How so?

less negativity, and the devs seemed to get things done faster when they were on the forums
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    The games were also better.

I agree im sure we've both grew up since @MetalMilitia623
  • I'm a huge believer that especially aaa games died in 2007 with games like crysis, CoD 4, crackdown, stalker and bioshock.
  • it seems pretty simple that all the GAME CHANGERS should be uniting as a group and let EA know this series has not been great on current Gen, If i were a GC id be emailing Rammer every week saying where is the patch for the looping/resetting, and saying why dont you talk to the fans on the forums and let people know whats going on... I wouldn't be the person to just have a special title and not doing anything but brag about it
  • it seems pretty simple that all the GAME CHANGERS should be uniting as a group and let EA know this series has not been great on current Gen, If i were a GC id be emailing Rammer every week saying where is the patch for the looping/resetting, and saying why dont you talk to the fans on the forums and let people know whats going on... I wouldn't be the person to just have a special title and not doing anything but brag about it

I've never seen him brag about being a game changer. I didn't even know he was one until someone (maybe you in another thread) mentioned that he was one.