EA Forums - Banner

Niedermayer vs. Lidstrom

Prev13
I just wrote a huge post asking for opinions on both and my browser closed out so I'll make this one short and sweet.

Ignore synergies.. which do you guys think is better of those 2? Is there a dramatic enough difference to pick one or the other? I generally like speedsters but want to see what others think.

Replies

• I'm very far off from affording one or the other.. but gotta work towards a goal.

After buying Brodeur and being content with my offense.. I feel like I should now work on my defense.

Karlsson-Legend Bourque
    Doughty-OEL (OEL is who I want to replace)
    Letang-Keith

I'll probably work on replacing Letang after I get Niedermayer or Lidstrom.
  • I pulled Neidermayer out of one of my free packs when I purchased the game and I had him last year. I like using him a lot. I tried Lidstrom last year and was just ok. I think it’s who you personally play with better but there is no way of knowing until get one
  • I'm a big lidstrom fan, but I'm also a big Red Wings fan. Lidstrom is probably better defensively. But neidermayer is probably better offensively. But I think they're both top end LDs
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm a big lidstrom fan, but I'm also a big Red Wings fan. Lidstrom is probably better defensively. But neidermayer is probably better offensively. But I think they're both top end LDs

No doubt Lidstrom one of my favorite D men ever but in this game I just find I play better with certain players and worse with others. I’m sure everyone feels that and has their preference. Can’t go wrong with either one and that’s good point about Lidstrom better on D and Scott better offensively. Nizz maybe look at your pairing and see what style you need more
  • Ever consider Gonchar ?
  • I'm iffy. Can't make up my mind. I think I'm leaning towards Lidstrom.

And I did consider Gonchar, but don't really like his card.
  • I use both in my team and both are good. As expected Niedermeier is the better offense defender while Lidstrom is better on the defense side. Best is to have both, otherwiese you should select according your needs.
  • Gonchar is really good too. He's a puck magnet for me. Isn't as good as Lidstrom, but just really good.
  • Gonchar is a real good one too. I had him but sold him to bolster my offense when I pulled the 93 Pronger in a pack.
  • My LDs are Lidstrom, Niedermeyer, Gonchar... all TOP KNOTCH.. different play styles.

you cannot go wrong with either but choose specific to what you are looking for.. if you are looking for a "Karlsson" type card, then go with Nieder... if you are looking for a Brent Burns, Hedman type card.. go Lidstrom
  • I went an entirely different approach. I'm content with my defenseman.. so I figured why not just sell Brodeur for profit, buy basic Carey Price, sell Kucherov, and then buy Pavel Bure.
  • So scratch this post.. lmao. Maybe one day I'll try and get those 2 again.
  • Or maybe this will just happen. Unreal.
  • IAmTheNizz
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    If this sends.. that would be great.

https://imgur.com/a/RlnjT
  • you pulled him?! that's sick
  • I use lidstrom on my third line, hes just ok. Gonchar on my second line is pretty good, and ray borque on my top line is fantastic
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    you pulled him?! that's sick

Yes! The odds of that specifically happening actually has to be absurd, wouldn't you think? So, I saved coins on him, went on to sell McDavid that I pulled from the same pack, and then just bought Bossy.
  • Tuggsock wrote: »
    I use lidstrom on my third line, hes just ok. Gonchar on my second line is pretty good, and ray borque on my top line is fantastic

I love Bourque so far. Lidstrom is solid.
  • I've had and used them all at least 50 games each Lindstrom, Gonchar, Bourque, Pronger and Niedermayer. The one I liked the least was Pronger to me his play never matched his stats and I replaced him with Bourque who I've been very pleased with, then I replaced Gonchar with Niedermayer and the play has been pretty consistent with both. I'm a Redwing homer so Lindstrom has been in my lineup pretty much since day 1 and honestly think he is the worst LD I have right now like Pronger his play doesn't seem to match his stats.
  • Right now, Lidstrom is out there for the sake of the synergy. Without TN, I don't think I would be using him.