EA Forums - Banner

When will the XBOX ONE X 4K ENHANCED "NHL18" patch come out???

Replies

• There's plenty of niche games on pc and the ones I'm involved with are doing far better than nhl in terms of quality of the product. Maybe they aren't making as much money but they are far more complete and fun to play. Even the ones that have little to no "game" in them yet.
  • No kidding? I am not being an apologist for EA at all, it's just the reality.
  • I've asked them on twitter a few times, with everything EA is going through right now with the Battlefront II fiasco, and the pending micro transactions lawsuit you would think they would engage the community a bit more. Very frustrating. Yes I have an Xbox One X, and yes we are waiting for the patch, and yes I am disappointed in the lack of updates, fixes and community interaction.
  • So EA where IS our patch??
  • mbuck45 wrote: »
    Does EA read these and reply? After seeing how good Madden looks and plays on Xbox one X, people are very anxious to play NHL in 4k. Of course HDR would look incredible with the lighting in a Hockey arena. All I’m saying is keep us posted EA!

Yeah they do and cries a little because of all the insults and put-downs. I hope you're happy! come on guys don't you guys like the 3's?
  • People I know who have 4k screens and high end pcs struggle to get 60 fps at max settings. How exactly do you guys think consoles will?

Imo graphics are at a point now where they can only get a little better each new game that it's not that noticeable. Game play however can improve tons in games between versions. Since it's minimal gains in graphics I'm all for slightly lower resolution (2k) and higher fps.
  • People I know who have 4k screens and high end pcs struggle to get 60 fps at max settings. How exactly do you guys think consoles will?

Imo graphics are at a point now where they can only get a little better each new game that it's not that noticeable. Game play however can improve tons in games between versions. Since it's minimal gains in graphics I'm all for slightly lower resolution (2k) and higher fps.

Well forza7 is 4k and solid 60fps. And looks amazing.
  • Aaaaand Hitman just got patched for 4k and 60fps. X IS monster.
  • I just want to run the game at max settings in 2k @ 144 fps...

That would be gorgeous!! I hear DJNeo's game can do 4K60.

Yea but it's a dated engine. I'd love to see someone use unreal or cryengine for a hockey game with natural motion physics engine. Imo those engines look way nicer than frostbite at least in open space outdoor fps games.

Hi just saw your comment.
    So it's not that easy :)

The engine is actually the same engine that runs NBA 2K on consoles and PC right now. The game was developed for modern PCs, just crippled down at the very end of production process, so the Wii could handle it.

So what I trying to do aside from completely redoing all textures is write hacks (piece of codes) that would turn OFF the game code that originally allowed even the Wii to handle such advanced engine with such a poor (Wii) hardware.
  • Tylytys wrote: »
    People I know who have 4k screens and high end pcs struggle to get 60 fps at max settings. How exactly do you guys think consoles will?

How do you know it is 60fps?

What graphics settings is the game running at?

What is your comparison for it to look "amazing" the previous forza?
  • Tylytys wrote: »
    People I know who have 4k screens and high end pcs struggle to get 60 fps at max settings. How exactly do you guys think consoles will?

How do you know it is 60fps?

What graphics settings is the game running at?

What is your comparison for it to look "amazing" the previous forza?

Try Google forza7 and you know those things too.
  • Just because they say these things doesn't make it true. Project cars I've seen uses dynamic resolution to run at 60 fps and is far from max settings on consoles. Wouldn't be surprised if other games do too
  • https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/forza-7

You have to scroll down the page a bit, but it does state UHD at 60fps. It has also been advertised many times over about being NATIVE 4K, so I guess I'm not sure how you would verify or prove otherwise here.
  • petejenkev
    116 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Santini3 wrote: »
    mbuck45 wrote: »
    Does EA read these and reply? After seeing how good Madden looks and plays on Xbox one X, people are very anxious to play NHL in 4k. Of course HDR would look incredible with the lighting in a Hockey arena. All I’m saying is keep us posted EA!

I'd actually prefer if EA would fix their game first before they decide to make it look all nice and shiny. They've been pouring resources into the visuals for years now, and it hasn't helped the game-play issues one single bit.

The only way they could do that would be to fire some of the art team and hire more people to be on the gameplay team. I'm not sure those who would have to be let go would be happy that they are being fired because the fans want a better game. Granted we do want a better game but I know I wouldn't be happy if I lost my job for something like that. Basically the customers say that their job is unimportant so they shouldn't be on the team. Idk kinda rubs me the wrong way.

I get what you're saying that they should do but my point is they have designated teams set to work on different aspects of the game.

They do have that... but either way you can only allocate a certain amount of resources in any given department at the end of the day. I'm not sure why the thought of firing a person who works on an aspect of the game that should be lower on the list of priorities in order to bring someone in that could work on more pressing issues bothers you...?

That's how companies work. If it produces a better game/product then isn't it the right move?

I'm not necessarily saying that anybody needs to or should get fired, but when there are so many of the same glaring issues year after year happening but things look real pretty then maybe they need a shift in focus at least. I think the visuals were fine in NHL 15 to be perfectly honest, so maybe they can shift the entire "visual team" or whatever they call themselves over to hammer out the game-play problems. It's not that one team is more important than the other, but I feel like the visual team nailed it first try. Now everybody else needs to step up their game and catch up.

I mean in the end a game needs to maintain its fun factor before anything, doesn't it? If you have a game with the best visuals created, but controls and animations are clunky, solid objects pass through other solid objects, random number generators trump player skill, and the game creators install a pay-to-win model...where is the fun in that really? How much longer is this going to be "the way" in EA's games?

Things needs to change, plain and simple, and I am grinning ear to ear about the whole Battlefront 2 thing right now.

I can't agree more.

I like the fluff, but it all boils down to the core essentials which, considering this particular game, are collision detection, AI, and skating engine, and all of them are not properly working - since years.

It's obvious that nobody put much [if any] efforts into even marginally fix those issues.

It's also obvious that EA keeps pushing the "micro transaction option" as the most valuable asset for them and everything else is considered a "nice to have".

What would they - in a monetary way - earn, if they would "repair" the things that are broken?

Besides, having a new special HUT card on the market for a player who successfuly managed to jump over the boards during last game is of more value to them then recognizing that Scottie Upshall is playing for the "Blues"

As far as the "gambling discussion" goes,....Popcorn please. :smiley: .
    The fact that there's NO official oversight on a "gambling-like" part of the game might be food for thought and I'm looking forward to the discussions that will unavoidably happen.

Post edited by petejenkev on
  • ....and I will need a year's supply of POPCORN!! This Star Wars thing has only just begun, and I hope EA is held to pay for all the "gambling" they have put in their games since many years ago. Now if we could get the FIFA folks to stand up against the evil empire who knows what can happen. Loot boxes, HUT packs, FUT packs, MUT packs...what's the difference other than a name?

You have to scroll down the page a bit, but it does state UHD at 60fps. It has also been advertised many times over about being NATIVE 4K, so I guess I'm not sure how you would verify or prove otherwise here.

That's all I am saying. Maybe they are 100% truthful but you don't know. To me that inability to know would irk me. Especially in a position like mine where as a PC player I am in full control of how the game looks and what kind of fps I get. I can make it looks worse for better fps or make it look better and get a little worse fps.

Whereas you guys are just at the mercy of the developers and have no way to see what kind of frame rates you're getting. PC has tons of options for overlays to view the fps of the current game. You also have no idea what graphic settings you're at. Which while nice for ease of plug and play ability is not so nice when trying to compare and contrast to other platforms especially PC.

Just food for thought.
  • ....and I will need a year's supply of POPCORN!! This Star Wars thing has only just begun, and I hope EA is held to pay for all the "gambling" they have put in their games since many years ago. Now if we could get the FIFA folks to stand up against the evil empire who knows what can happen. Loot boxes, HUT packs, FUT packs, MUT packs...what's the difference other than a name?

yeah, but you have to remember that governments and officials of this world aren't that altruistic... they don't mind gambling as long as they get to control it and skim the cream off top. So even if it was deemed gambling, they'd just fine the companies or find a way to tax them. Maybe install some age limits, but that's mostly it. And then things would continue as normal.
  • Because NHL is the redheaded stepchild of EA sports. It sells the least, has the lowest budget and is a niche sports game compared to FIFA and Madden. (not even counting NBA Live)

Insightful. Agree. Like.

That's all I am saying. Maybe they are 100% truthful but you don't know. To me that inability to know would irk me. Especially in a position like mine where as a PC player I am in full control of how the game looks and what kind of fps I get. I can make it looks worse for better fps or make it look better and get a little worse fps.

Whereas you guys are just at the mercy of the developers and have no way to see what kind of frame rates you're getting. PC has tons of options for overlays to view the fps of the current game. You also have no idea what graphic settings you're at. Which while nice for ease of plug and play ability is not so nice when trying to compare and contrast to other platforms especially PC.

Just food for thought.

There is allways someone from pcmasterrace who thinks hes opinion is needed in console forums. It is not and we really want x patch asap.
  • You guys talk like it's either one or the other... I play both PC and PS4 games, why limit yourself?