EA Forums - Banner

Player Speed Rating in Franchise Mode

Hey everyone,
I have messed around with playing, recreating, and testing ideas on multiple franchises lately. I always find myself fixated on the speed rating of players in terms of drafting, trading, FA, etc. However it doesn't really look like it does much during a simulated game unless the player is at 92, 93, and higher.

I am sure it has to come in play at some point with the lower speeds. It just doesn't look like much of a difference from an 84 to 90. I have tried on multiple vanilla difficulty/sliders and well as some custom sliders from Operation Sports.
(https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-sliders)

Anyone else notice or it is just my hyper fixation on speed getting in the way?

Replies

• I am not sure for speed, but - playing BaP - I have noticed Shot Aim very much seems to be governed by Threshhold(s). Wrister below 80, you wont even hit an empty net. As soon as you get to 80+, your success rate increases dramatically . Similar with Slappers: below 80, like 95% of your shots wont even hit the net . Get to 80, and you will immediately see a drastic change .

I would not be surprised at all if something similar was in effect for speed...
  • tjn71 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    I have messed around with playing, recreating, and testing ideas on multiple franchises lately. I always find myself fixated on the speed rating of players in terms of drafting, trading, FA, etc. However it doesn't really look like it does much during a simulated game unless the player is at 92, 93, and higher.

I am sure it has to come in play at some point with the lower speeds. It just doesn't look like much of a difference from an 84 to 90. I have tried on multiple vanilla difficulty/sliders and well as some custom sliders from Operation Sports.
    (https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-sliders)

Anyone else notice or it is just my hyper fixation on speed getting in the way?

I have played around with the back skate sliders and that has helped. Cause if your player is fast and you have a known slow d man you should be able to blow by him if you have a step on him.

Also I changed my player attributes to 10/10. That also seems to make an impact.
  • Thanks guys, I'll have to check out BaP thresholds as well as checking the player attribute effect slider.
  • tjn71 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I'll have to check out BaP thresholds as well as checking the player attribute effect slider.

I went off of this guys sliders.
    https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-nhl-sliders/917288-mizzourah-nhl-18-sliders.html
    Then I just changed some stuff as I saw fit.
  • Turning attributes to 10/10 helped a lot!
  • attributes10/10
    For me game speed 4/6
    i used speed burst ...the other option feel sluggish
    acceleration 48 for both
    players speed 59 for both
    back skating 38

and i play on pro with cpu difficulty at max
    on allstar the cpu luck and cheat is stupid

cheers

MRSENATEURS
  • Putting the attribute effect slider at 10/10 is a must this year for offline franchise play, imho.