EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Help for those with Hut Lag (READ)

So as everyone knows LAG in HUT is a real problem but not for everyone. For those who are in a potential area where they have tried everything I have discovered a trick that has helped me out a little bit but it kind of sucks to have to do it. So I am dialed in with FIBE internet, Gaming router, Wired to the router with geofilter and I use a NACON EVO controller...I block all outside interference with regards to stealing my bandwidth and my gameplay oddly still sucks at times. I get this delayed mud like skating and player response. Players literally don't pick up pucks and just simply don't play like the superstar AI we normally see.

FIX:
So don't think it is you or your setup because clearly its not. I have started playing now a couple games a night after 11 pm and have seen a dramatic difference in response time and overall gameplay. Players are playing as they should and the hustle button actually works. Unfortunately your up until 12-12:30 am but you get a few games in and they are 90% of the time wins. I have come to the realization the game is deeply connection based and the servers are the problem so try this and let me know what you think.

Replies

• i have the lag ...im 0-500+ going back a few years ,,most times i cant even get to center ice and have to rage quit after being down 2-0 3-0 4-0 in the first few minutes

now the hut challenges was going to keep me interested and the AI is too hard its an unplayable game ...i literally cant use hut anymore ...9 weeks now including the last 5-6 hours this morning trying to get 25 shots for a silver pack plus vs seatle thunder...i actually put my system on craigs list and if my offer sells I will take it ..after playing hut I cant go back to franchise mode...ea sports made the game so difficult I am stopping ..i can tell you its mot making me spend cash on packs ..I have top players ..amazing how ovi and stamkos cant hit the net in hut challenges

when I play humans I have what seems like a half second or more delay in all my skating actions ..I get hemmed in my zone and beasted on , cant even pass out of center ice ..im the easiest coins and win and the guy who is always 0-16, 0-27, 0-12 in the online seasons ..ive lost over 50 straight games and scored one goal ...

im on here ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this morning because what used to be my relaxation and get away from real problems is no a un-enjoyable mess ..I have to sell the game before I do something stupid and go to jail..my temper and anger cant handle so much losing ..im here trying to vent it out in writing before I baseball bat someone
  • Wow that’s deep man! But tell us how u really feel? Just kidding this money grubbing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sucks for most of us, except EA pleasers and youtubers. Just remember it’s only a game.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • thats not really a fix....its like saying leave for work @0300 to miss traffic....but i have noticed better connection at different times.

@jongogo u must have a internet/router issue or just a bad location. have you tried to get help from eahelp.https://answers.ea.com/t5/NHL-18/ct-p/nhl-18-en
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni
  • So the fix is play late at night? I thought u had a breakthrough. Playing late at night are the only times I get a good game, but it's still 1 out of 6 games and overall about 1-25 games my players are controllable. Makes no difference if I have a team of 86s or a legend team, all the same.
  • I switched to wired and I only experience a laggy game maybe 1/10 times
  • Jongogo wrote: »
    i have the lag ...im 0-500+ going back a few years ,,most times i cant even get to center ice and have to rage quit after being down 2-0 3-0 4-0 in the first few minutes

now the hut challenges was going to keep me interested and the AI is too hard its an unplayable game ...i literally cant use hut anymore ...9 weeks now including the last 5-6 hours this morning trying to get 25 shots for a silver pack plus vs seatle thunder...i actually put my system on craigs list and if my offer sells I will take it ..after playing hut I cant go back to franchise mode...ea sports made the game so difficult I am stopping ..i can tell you its mot making me spend cash on packs ..I have top players ..amazing how ovi and stamkos cant hit the net in hut challenges

when I play humans I have what seems like a half second or more delay in all my skating actions ..I get hemmed in my zone and beasted on , cant even pass out of center ice ..im the easiest coins and win and the guy who is always 0-16, 0-27, 0-12 in the online seasons ..ive lost over 50 straight games and scored one goal ...

im on here **** this morning because what used to be my relaxation and get away from real problems is no a un-enjoyable mess ..I have to sell the game before I do something stupid and go to jail..my temper and anger cant handle so much losing ..im here trying to vent it out in writing before I baseball bat someone

Your biggest issue is you just aren't good. Practice.
  • I have Stamkos and Ovi.. they can snipe all day in challenges.
  • ABUSEU905
    320 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ya the title says help FYI...trying to make life less of a struggle for those ready to take a pen bid... its been brutal and since playing past 11 pm I have gone 12-2... and will be opening some packs tonight with my CS wins...just trying to help boys...
  • Jongogo wrote: »
    i have the lag ...im 0-500+ going back a few years ,,most times i cant even get to center ice and have to rage quit after being down 2-0 3-0 4-0 in the first few minutes

im on here **** this morning because what used to be my relaxation and get away from real problems is no a un-enjoyable mess ..I have to sell the game before I do something stupid and go to jail..my temper and anger cant handle so much losing ..im here trying to vent it out in writing before I baseball bat someone

I feel your pain brother. While I do manage to win a game here or there, it just isn't fun because of the lag. I am 60 games under .500 and I consider myself an above average player. People will laugh, but when my players move fluidly and my AI isn't drunk I win 90% of my games. Just doesn't happen very often. I am also fed up and am about to quit all together. It's the equivalent of my opponent player the computer on rookie, while I'm playing them on superstar with a bronze team. This is the 3rd year in a row , this never happened on ps2, only the newer systems. I don't understand why. The one thing google cannot help me fix. I swear I would pay $1000 for a permanent fix.
  • Nfl servers are good i guess fifa servers too but nhl hut servers always lag thats a thing they really gotta work on
  • Socair
    2302 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed. Please don’t reopen year old threads.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!