EA Forums - Banner

Glitches?

Okay.. so I decided to try my first competitive seasons game.. and I get matched up against a guy who has 44 games played this round (Keep in mind.. it's my 1st). The matchmaking trying to set me up for failure.

Well, I experienced the most interesting of glitches. Guy skates into my zone, go towards the corner and backhands it from below the red line and it goes off the back of my goalie and in. Is this a glitch or just **** luck? Granted.. I tied it up with 4 seconds left and won it in OT.. so that makes up for the silly matchmaking.

Another question.. any other glitches I should learn to defend? I'm generally good defensively so can block most glitches with some warning of knowing what's coming.

Replies

• It’s a glitch if he tried that move constantly and if he scored every time he tried it. If not it’s just bad luck
  • Well, yeah. I understand the definition of glitch lol. Just curious if it's something that people do regularly.
  • IAmTheNizz wrote: »
    Well, yeah. I understand the definition of glitch lol. Just curious if it's something that people do regularly.

The only time something like that happened to me I tried to pass from the corner but the pass hit my goalie and went in lol

• i think you've started the past 15 threads B)
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I don’t know if it’s s glitch or just poor AI but way too many goals go in just by stepping over the line at Center ice and shooting and worse most people know it. Goalie ratings go out the window and your tender can’t stop a beach ball from there. You will know you are in one of those games in the first five minutes. Your opponent will try it every time and have 2 goals on his first 3 shots or you will step over the line shoot and the puck goes right in. Doesn’t happen every game but happens often. Funny thing is this happens very early in the game then settles down to a normal game but by then you are either down 2-0 or up 2-0. Goals seem to go in like that with under a minute to go or in OT also.
  • IAmTheNizz
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    verrette99 wrote: »
    IAmTheNizz wrote: »
    Well, yeah. I understand the definition of glitch lol. Just curious if it's something that people do regularly.

The only time something like that happened to me I tried to pass from the corner but the pass hit my goalie and went in lol

I would have laughed probably, lmao.
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    i think you've started the past 15 threads B)

Gotta make my presence known B)
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s s glitch or just poor AI but way too many goals go in just by stepping over the line at Center ice and shooting and worse most people know it. Goalie ratings go out the window and your tender can’t stop a beach ball from there. You will know you are in one of those games in the first five minutes. Your opponent will try it every time and have 2 goals on his first 3 shots or you will step over the line shoot and the puck goes right in. Doesn’t happen every game but happens often. Funny thing is this happens very early in the game then settles down to a normal game but by then you are either down 2-0 or up 2-0. Goals seem to go in like that with under a minute to go or in OT also.

I've played 7 competitive season games and won 6.. but never seen this. I'm intrigued.
  • It happened to me once. There are probably even more glitches than what we know about. Once I flipped the puck out with my goalie. It went on goal and the other goalie missed it. It hit both posts. I know if that went in the other guy would have been pissed.