EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Can’t win a game

Replies

• jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Anyone who says Ice Tilt and predetermined outcomes do not exist is fooling themselves. I walked away from the last CS round because of nonsense and decided to play this round.

EAs terrible matchmaking puts me up against a guy with a terrible team. We spend the first 17 minutes of the period almost entirely in his end. I have taken 13 shots and just made 2-0. All of a sudden 87 Duncan Keith skates end to end through 4 defenders and scores a goal for him. Face off he wins back to Keith who skates over the line and shoots, my goalie drops to his knees and holds his glove up while the puck floats over his shoulder to tie the game at 2. Period ends 2-2 I’m outshooting 15-2.

The rest of the game is spent primarily in his end and I’m bombarding his goalie with shots and he’s standing on his head. With 3 minutes remaining and me outshooting 39-7 I finally score to go up 3-2. Face off I win the puck back but my defenseman is frozen he skates in and picks up the puck shoots and scores 3-3 next faceoff he wins steps over the line and shoots, my goalie does the same early drop ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and the puck floats in for his 4-3 lead. Game ends. Almost the entire game played in his end and he’s outshot 42-9 but I lose 4-3. It’s such blatant manipulation of the outcomes that it’s amazing to me how many people deny it exists.

It has been at an all time bad because so many people received the game as a Christmas gift that you get more uneven matchups so the manipulation is in overdrive. I tolerated it when it happened once every 3-4 games but now it seems like it happens 75% of the time. Really ruining the game for me.
  • jake19ny wrote: »
    Anyone who says Ice Tilt and predetermined outcomes do not exist is fooling themselves. I walked away from the last CS round because of nonsense and decided to play this round.

EAs terrible matchmaking puts me up against a guy with a terrible team. We spend the first 17 minutes of the period almost entirely in his end. I have taken 13 shots and just made 2-0. All of a sudden 87 Duncan Keith skates end to end through 4 defenders and scores a goal for him. Face off he wins back to Keith who skates over the line and shoots, my goalie drops to his knees and holds his glove up while the puck floats over his shoulder to tie the game at 2. Period ends 2-2 I’m outshooting 15-2.

The rest of the game is spent primarily in his end and I’m bombarding his goalie with shots and he’s standing on his head. With 3 minutes remaining and me outshooting 39-7 I finally score to go up 3-2. Face off I win the puck back but my defenseman is frozen he skates in and picks up the puck shoots and scores 3-3 next faceoff he wins steps over the line and shoots, my goalie does the same early drop **** and the puck floats in for his 4-3 lead. Game ends. Almost the entire game played in his end and he’s outshot 42-9 but I lose 4-3. It’s such blatant manipulation of the outcomes that it’s amazing to me how many people deny it exists.

It has been at an all time bad because so many people received the game as a Christmas gift that you get more uneven matchups so the manipulation is in overdrive. I tolerated it when it happened once every 3-4 games but now it seems like it happens 75% of the time. Really ruining the game for me.

Literally have been playing with a bronze squad and went 10-0 no weirdness going on. I then built a stacked team with the Xmas gift nonsense and I lost two in a row and both games we fat man input delay laggy B S nothing was working and his base cards were out skating my 99 overall skaters LOOOOOL I then switched back to bronze squad and it’s business as usual flying around the ice smoking my opponents. It’s a joke.
  • jake19ny wrote: »

The rest of the game is spent primarily in his end and I’m bombarding his goalie with shots and he’s standing on his head. With 3 minutes remaining and me outshooting 39-7 I finally score to go up 3-2. Face off I win the puck back but my defenseman is frozen he skates in and picks up the puck shoots and scores 3-3 next faceoff he wins steps over the line and shoots, my goalie does the same early drop **** and the puck floats in for his 4-3 lead. Game ends. Almost the entire game played in his end and he’s outshot 42-9 but I lose 4-3. It’s such blatant manipulation of the outcomes that it’s amazing to me how many people deny it exists.

Literally have been playing with a bronze squad and went 10-0 no weirdness going on. I then built a stacked team with the Xmas gift nonsense and I lost two in a row and both games we fat man input delay laggy B S nothing was working and his base cards were out skating my 99 overall skaters LOOOOOL I then switched back to bronze squad and it’s business as usual flying around the ice smoking my opponents. It’s a joke.

You experienced both sides of ice tilt, that doesn't exist. Hahahahahahahahahabahaba.
  • sctty98 wrote: »
    jake19ny wrote: »

You experienced both sides of ice tilt, that doesn't exist. Hahahahahahahahahabahaba.

It is hilarious and really ruins the game for me. I wish it was just about hockey and building a team.
  • I have to be honest, I am am glad to hear everyone is having this issue again this year. I have a super team this year and spend real money for the first time and I love my team, all Evo and Special edition cards, and I am a D1-D2 player the last few years, and this year has been bad, and its not connection, when we both have the same player first shift of the game but the opponents player is horribly faster its not an accident. I don't know why EA can't fix this, this has been a problem for a while and this still causes issues but what option do we have as hockey fans...
  • Same thing here and I really don't know why I bother playing anymore. There isn't a person on the planet who could win consistently sitting in my living room. The skating/ shooting/AI/ checking difference between me and any team I play is so mismatched. They are lightning quick ,I can't move. My team is amazing but it's makes no difference.
  • j0rtsu67
    454 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Panda&mailman, build a bronze team and play a game or two, see if there is any difference. You might be surprised

Just like pucky said earlier.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Panda&mailman, build a bronze team and play a game or two, see if there is any difference. You might be surprised

My bronze team was junior players btw

Did you have synergies activated? i am going to try this and see what results i get, as I have played against an all junior team and it was a joke on my end...they flew and couldn't miss when they shot the puck
  • Anyone position-locking to do the challenges notice that when two AI players go in on a 2 on 1, the AI player never passes? Ever? Even the AI takes short-side writers all day.
  • WealthyFriends
    834 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    There are little tricks you need to do before you make a pass so that it glitches the AI out. You can't just aim and pass and expect it to work.

Did you have synergies activated? i am going to try this and see what results i get, as I have played against an all junior team and it was a joke on my end...they flew and couldn't miss when they shot the puck

I had S, TN, LL, and AA activated
  • I played a game last night where I out-shot my opponent 28-6 and lost 3-0 :neutral:

So much fun.

Seriously though, using bronze players works? Can they be IPOTG cards?
  • Crosby8789 wrote: »
    I played a game last night where I out-shot my opponent 28-6 and lost 3-0 :neutral:

So much fun.

Absolutely those are the best bronze cards to use. Hart has also been my best goalie haha even when he was an 87 overall. If anything, goalie stats do not matter. Imagine if they added a sling shot to COD and it was the best weapon to use. Makes no sense right ?
    I played a game last night where I out-shot my opponent 28-6 and lost 3-0 :neutral:

So much fun.

I just played a CS game against an opponent who had a green connection before puck drop and then it immediately became unstable post drop. LOL after the first the shots were 20-4 and they were up 2-1. I ended up winning 3-2. Guess who his star player was... Adam Clendening LOL he was untouchable. Whether it is the connection or the game it is ridiculous that weak cards would over power my Bure or Crosby or St Louis when they are at full stamina. All the poke checks were beneficial to the opponent while my poke check just slowed my players down and made them easy to get around. Sure enough his record was horrible but I guess that’s the game right ?

So much fun.

I just played a CS game against an opponent who had a green connection before puck drop and then it immediately became unstable post drop. LOL after the first the shots were 20-4 and they were up 2-1. I ended up winning 3-2. Guess who his star player was... Adam Clendening LOL he was untouchable. Whether it is the connection or the game it is ridiculous that weak cards would over power my Bure or Crosby or St Louis when they are at full stamina. All the poke checks were beneficial to the opponent while my poke check just slowed my players down and made them easy to get around. Sure enough his record was horrible but I guess that’s the game right ?

Every game I play is this. Every frickin game.

So much fun.

Yeah it doesn’t make for a very great experience. Legit the only games I lose are the games where the game does not function properly and suspiciously the opponents I’m playing during the game I experience this unresponsiveness and horrible functionality are not very good statistically....

I will take a loss if it is a good game or if I deserve it but when the game forces mistakes and gives away free pity goals, it just makes me want to stop playing. I game to compete and I thoroughly enjoy a good competition, I have no desire to play carnival games however.

So much fun.

Yeah it doesn’t make for a very great experience. Legit the only games I lose are the games where the game does not function properly and suspiciously the opponents I’m playing during the game I experience this unresponsiveness and horrible functionality are not very good statistically....

I will take a loss if it is a good game or if I deserve it but when the game forces mistakes and gives away free pity goals, it just makes me want to stop playing. I game to compete and I thoroughly enjoy a good competition, I have no desire to play carnival games however.

Carnival games. Probably the best description of how these games play out at times.
  • WANT A LAUGH?

Made a team of base gold commons and my one xmas legend... shut down my PS4...unplugged the router for 5 minutes... plugged it and and it rebooted... held the power button and came to the settings menu on the PS4 and selected rebuild database... went in and erased all my saved settings and then reconnected the PS4 to my router via Ethernet...logged into HUT and found and opponent...played as the AWAY team in CS... now the connection was not delayed for two periods and the voila...in the third period it went to complete garbage... scored 4 goals in the first two periods... gave up 3 in the third but at least the base golds played and the game was like a HUT challenge for two periods...ended up beating a guy with all stars and he messages after that I am so lucky... responded back... yup... one more period and I was done... shout out to EA for letting me enjoy the game for two periods!!!
  • So if I buy a bunch of bronze players and add them to my team, I'll have an advantage with ice tilt?..