EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

LOST CONNECTION

I get this message while searching for an OVP game VERY often. It usually doesn't happen on my first game played, but if I follow it up with another search after the first game is done the chances of getting this message is VERY high.

Does anybody know why this is such a problem this year? VERY inconvenient to say the least.

PS4 or XB1, no matter. Same issue across both platforms.

Replies

• I have the same problem. If I go back to main menu and then try again it seems to solve the problem (for one game).
  • this is the worst problem, have to set roster and strategies again. would be no problem if lost connection didn't send you back to the main menu
  • Laz84
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Its been happening to everyone in our club. Random people different times all from different areas in NA. Just disconnects from EA servers. It's something wrong with their servers.

Happens just sitting in menus as well while playing a game in either mode.

They won't respond or provide any helpful information either.
  • Laz84 wrote: »
    Its been happening to everyone in our club. Random people different times all from different areas in NA. Just disconnects from EA servers. It's something wrong with their servers.

Happens just sitting in menus as well while playing a game in either mode.

They won't respond or provide any helpful information either.

This problem is different, in online versus, you don't actually lose connection to EA servers, you just get a message you have lost connection to your opponent, except there doesn't ever appear to be an opponent. Unlike a standard you have lost connection to your opponent after the game has started, this appears before any such loading screen appears.
  • Every online mode is affected right now. HUT users being disconnected ed while in menus fixing line ups or opening packs EASHL players disconnecting in menus and during games. So I suspect it does is related.
  • I've noticed that when this happens, the top right logo stops spinning. Sometimes I can hear someone talking through their mic like it has connected to another player, but the game won't load. My only option is to back out to the top level Online Versus menu. I don't lose connection to EA servers or anything.