EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Franchise Mode

I love this mode. Very fun. The expansion thing is a once in a decade thing or whatever. Been since like 2002 since the last one, and a mode like this wasn't possible then, so this is cool.

I wanted some feedback on this.

So I wanted to make the 32nd team, which I did... my question is can I pre-make a team in the team creation area?

It wants me to add players from FA to the roster to make it legit?

Then I started a Franchise with this team, and they all went away (which is what I wanted).

I just don't think I can sit through in 1 sitting and create a whole new team and then later the AHL team. Anyone know anything about importing a created team into Franchise?

Replies

• I’m on my 6th season in Franchise mode with the 32nd Expansion team. Great mode, love playing it. However I do enjoy playing EASHL much more, takes more talent and it’s much more of a challenge. Single player gets boring after awhile but it’s a nice change of pace every now and then.
    ThunderBay OutLaws / [OWNER] [A. CAPTAIN]
  • I don't think you can import a created team roster if you are starting the 32nd team franchise mode. It automatically takes you to the expansion draft.

However, you won't have to keep creating/editing the team details every time you start a new franchise mode. If you created a team already, the details are already populated when you start.

Not sure about the other franchise modes.
  • I always only play Franchise Mode or GM mode in the previous NHL’s. My biggest issue this year are goalies. In FM their development depends on their save % but their save % will be very low if you play manually because they allow so many goals in so few shots
  • Yeah. Thanks for the inputs.

What I"m saying is... I would like to have 2 or 3 created teams ready to go for the 32 team expansion mode in franchise.

But it is saying you have to add players to the created team. I don't get why.
  • Yeah. Thanks for the inputs.

What I"m saying is... I would like to have 2 or 3 created teams ready to go for the 32 team expansion mode in franchise.

But it is saying you have to add players to the created team. I don't get why.

Well it helps the chances of winning when you actually field a roster. As far as 3 custom teams in that situation, I do not think it is possible.

With that said I find franchise mode fun, but something about it hasn't kept the lasting appeal for me this year and that is not a good thing since that is my go to mode.
  • MH11
    5 posts New member
    I only play franchise mode. I have restarted as the 32nd team as my first go around was testing out things in franchise: drafting, trades so i know for future. What prospects/players increased. The first 2 drafts are pretty similar in years. No Makar though. Maybe they fixed that in the 2017 draft (he did go to Colorado 4th overall in the real draft) and Dahlin goes #1 OA in 2018 draft.

My team is stacked im about 5 years into the franchise i have won 2 cups. Back to back .

I was able to sign McDavid as a RFA and Edmonton didnt match my modest 7 year 70mil contract. So that was a good start. I was also able to throw 10.5 million at Tavares and sign him as well.

I just had the best draft class i have seen. The top 2 picks were 17 year olds and rated 83 OA. Was able to draft another 83 OA prospect at 28th OV, he wasnt elite but was 20 years old and ready to be my center on the 3rd line. Got another 80 OA prospect in Rd2 who again was 20.

My average age of my starting line up is 22 years old lol My defense is so good. Might have to trade some prospects or my older vets who are 22 cause i have too many good players.

I wish you could sign extensions to players during the season. Kind of like you can in Madden and NBA2K that way you will know if you can sign them or you should trade them (if they are UFA) so you dont lose them for nothing.

• MH11 wrote: »
    I wish you could sign extensions to players during the season. Kind of like you can in Madden and NBA2K that way you will know if you can sign them or you should trade them (if they are UFA) so you dont lose them for nothing.

You can though, only with players in the final year of his contract though, you have to do it through the player contracts screen.