EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Connection Bar and Net Performance...

This applies to VS Online mode, though it may happen in HUT too. Sometimes I'll play games where the green/yellow/red connection bars are all grey, but at the same time the net performance stats still show as they usually do. Does anybody know why the bars would show up as grey rather than a color to indicate the quality?

I've pondered if that means you are the host or not, but it's all speculation at this point. Just something I have noticed this year.

Replies

• Maybe those games are being played on the server?
  • But if it was connected to the server it should show the ping to the server instead of nothing.
  • This applies to VS Online mode, though it may happen in HUT too. Sometimes I'll play games where the green/yellow/red connection bars are all grey, but at the same time the net performance stats still show as they usually do. Does anybody know why the bars would show up as grey rather than a color to indicate the quality?

I've pondered if that means you are the host or not, but it's all speculation at this point. Just something I have noticed this year.

I'll throw one out there - could be a firewall / port blocked or lack of response from the other side...
  • The graph still looks legit though, so it's still pinging something, or appears to be. It just doesn't seem to translate that information to the color bars.
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The graph still looks legit though, so it's still pinging something, or appears to be. It just doesn't seem to translate that information to the color bars.

right, which could be a lack of "response" (or details) from the other side.

meaning, you see YOUR response time time to them, but perhaps you are not getting data / indicators back for their predicted performance.

again, not saying that is the case... just throwing it out there.