EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone get anything from Challenges ?

I have struggled and been frustrated for way too many hours and managed to get almost every reward pack from challenges .
Yet I have gotten 1 single 87 Scheifele and everything else a quicksell.
I like that they were added but they are extremely hard and to get absolutely #%€$ all after all that garbage is beyond frustrating .
Say why dont i poke my eye out for fun , but I need to find a way to pay for it first .

Replies

• So you aren't happy getting free packs?
  • Actually I've had very good luck from the packs I've earned in challenges. I've landed multiple quality legends who remain in my lineup today and a couple of high-end base cards like Crosby. I've actually wondered if they've improved the odds for the packs in the challenges or maybe I've just gotten lucky.
  • verrette99
    716 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Nothing here too.
  • My buddy pulled an EVO Marchand, so it happens sometimes...
  • sctty98
    291 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I got the 92 recchi, 90 rolston, 91 gonchar, and a base Malkin. All others have been garbage.
  • No matter who you receive, it’s still progress towards growing your team. With a standard game netting you between 800-1200 coins, playing a challenge in half the time with multiple coin rewards in most cases...... Your coming out ahead even if you’re quick selling “trash.”
  • TheXBessel wrote: »
    No matter who you receive, it’s still progress towards growing your team. With a standard game netting you between 800-1200 coins, playing a challenge in half the time with multiple coin rewards in most cases...... Your coming out ahead even if you’re quick selling “trash.”

Not even close , if i just play 1000 coin season games I would have made at least triple the coins .
    I litterally have spent 5hours on 1 challenge to get around 2500 coins total , how is that good .
    Its pathetic why some of you have gotten that many good pulls while I get quicksells.
    Now its all coming back to me why I swore to never buy an EA game again .
  • Yes, I do agree that some challenges are in fact a challenge. But most of them are doable in one or two tries. I’ve been stuck on the 25 shot challenge against Tampa Bay since a few weeks after release. That being said, MOST of them are worth more then a single season game and can be completed in half the time.
  • leeriehle
    271 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    True but others are stupid,2 short handed goals against an all star team in 6 minutes ?
    If they had of just given me at least something ,anything other then quicksells for all my time wasted I wouldn't be complaining .
    Why does EA hate me so much!
  • The drop rates are rough, but my only true complaint with the challenges is I feel that they promote poor hockey play. You see a lot of people complaining about how they lose games against players that took 7 shots to their 27 shots. A shot on net doesn’t equal a quality opportunity.... and I think challenges like wheelhouse promote that train of thought.
  • leeriehle wrote: »

Not even close , if i just play 1000 coin season games I would have made at least triple the coins .
    I litterally have spent 5hours on 1 challenge to get around 2500 coins total , how is that good .
    Its pathetic why some of you have gotten that many good pulls while I get quicksells.
    Now its all coming back to me why I swore to never buy an EA game again .

Why are you spending 5 hours on 1 challenge if all you are getting is 2500 coins? I mean I’ll certainly give a challenge numerous attempts if I get an evo collectable because that’s an easy 30k minimum sell off so it’s worth it, but for 2500 coins?

Stop focusing on the harder challenges & go for the easier ones that give you coins upon coins. All you should be doing is building coin bank & hitting the auction house for 1 piece at a time. A harder challenge does NOT increase your chances of landing a better card from whatever pack it rewards. That’s simply up to the RNG gods.

Build bank on easy challenges. It’s simply the best & most effective way to improve your team. Manage your time effectively.
  • leeriehle wrote: »
    True but others are stupid,2 short handed goals against an all star team in 6 minutes ?
    If they had of just given me at least something ,anything other then quicksells for all my time wasted I wouldn't be complaining .
    Why does EA hate me so much!

Pro tip. Have a 1 goal lead against a team you need short handed goals against. In the final minute of the 3rd, start diving at your opponent to draw a tripping penalty. Their goalie is going to be pulled. After you score an empty net “shorty” guess what? He’s going to be pulled again. Problem solved.
  • If love to find 5 hours to play a video game
  • I have made all challenges and i have got super cards.
    St.Louis, Messier, Heatley who are top pulls from them.
    And quite many other nice cards.
    Cant complain
  • From one of the challenge rare player packs I pulled EVO Burns.
  • I eventually will get them all done ,but why are there only 2 on this whole topic who got screwed.
    The reason I bought the game against my better judgement was because everyone was telling me the challenges offline were hard but gave good rewards.
    So yet another year I get screwed while everyone pulls awesome cards.
    *%#€ you very much yet again EA.

• I pulled evo schiefelie from a regular gold pack I won in a challenge