EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 Update?

Prev1
787MB update on Xbox One. Downloading now? Notes on what they are???

Replies

• X enhanced stuff.
  • That's really small for 4k textures.
  • Yeah but the game looks cleaner.
  • yeah, 4K update would be a lot bigger. And I think I found out at least some of the things that got updated.

- HUT has a new feature called "FREE PACKS". Log in and receive a FREE PACK. Come back every 12 hours for a new FREE PACK.
    - HUT challenges are now arranged by age? So oldest challenges are first and newer ones are at the end.
  • Optiks pads have been added
  • Patch notes will be up soon
  • ThatPope1 wrote: »
    Patch notes will be up soon

Patch notes should be accessible in the software when the patch is released. Not put up on forums hours or days later.

The patch information on the PS4 "Various bug fixes, tuning, and improvements" is vague to the point of uselessness.

And this isn't just an EA thing. Large software companies in general seem to think they can half-**** patch notes lately. It reeks of either laziness or contempt for their customers. I don't get it.

Patch notes should be accessible in the software when the patch is released. Not put up on forums hours or days later.

The patch information on the PS4 "Various bug fixes, tuning, and improvements" is vague to the point of uselessness.

And this isn't just an EA thing. Large software companies in general seem to think they can half-**** patch notes lately. It reeks of either laziness or contempt for their customers. I don't get it.

Relax man, they are already out now, check above. It's not a life or death situation that some people try to make it out to be.
  • They are always posted 12-12:30pm est anyways.
    ThatPope1 wrote: »

Relax man, they are already out now, check above. It's not a life or death situation that some people try to make it out to be.

May not be "life or death" but I'd much rather support a company and game where the patch notes come out before or right with the release of the patch. Early access and indie games tend to do things this way, why are major corporations not held to that standard?
  • il82
    38 posts Member
    Brian's Optik... it's amazing. KHL team (Dinamo Riga) in the NHL18?!
  • Notes Posted: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/146691/nhl-18-patch-tuner-notes-updated-december-7th-2017#latest
    wrote:
    NHL 18 Patch 1.05 - (Available December 7th, 2017)

4K Game Play:

Xbox One X enhanced 4K compatability

HUT

Added a new Daily Free pack containing a mix of items which could include contracts, coins, collectibles, club items, or players. This content will be untradable.
    Added a fix for matchmaking in Competitive Seasons

Game Modes:

Added Spengler Cup Tournament
    Added a fix where editing an unsigned prospect will cause that player to become a UFA once you start a franchise mode.
    Improved unsigned prospect growth.
    Added a fix where Created players that are put on NHL teams are also duplicated as Free Agents in Franchise Mode.

Gameplay:

Fixed an issue where you couldn’t poke check the puck off the goaltender when they were skating with the puck.
    Updates to line change logic to fix situations where the closest AI skater to the puck would go for a line change rather than pressuring the puck.
    Fixed an issue in Threes where after your opponent misses a penalty shot, the AI teammate started with the puck instead of the user.
    Fixed a penalty shot logic issue where a player tripped on a breakaway after taking a clean shot was still awarded a penalty shot.
    Fixed an issue where the flip puck deke in 94 controls wasn’t always firing properly.
    Fixed an issue where sometimes after performing a body check using B/O on Hybrid controls the skater will lose puck pickup functionality.
    Corrected the faceoff formation player assignment in the defensive neutral zone formation when using aggressive face off strategy.
    Fixed a desync that would sometimes occur when starting a fight.
    Fixed the issue where skating backwards and doing the puck flip would send the puck high in the air
    Fixed some issues where players weren’t attempting one timers as expected.
    Fixed an issue where players were able to enter Defensive Skill Stick state during face offs, disrupting the expected outcomes of the face offs.
    Various gameplay and broadcast camera fixes causing issues in game play.

Art

The following content has been added and updated in EA SPORTS NHL 18:

NHL:
    Added Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Arenas Uniforms
    Canadian Hockey League (CHL):
    Added Red Deer Rebels alternate Uniform
    Added Regina Pats alternate Uniform
    Equipment:
    Added Brian’s Optik Goalie Pads
    NHL Arenas:
    Added new St. Louis Blues Scoreboard
    Fixes:
    All Canadian Hockey League Teams now wear CCM Ultra Tacks gloves

• no enhancements looks and feels the same as 1.04 from last night
  • I'm not saying nerf poke check....but it looks like they didn't even touch it. No modifications or slight tweaks? Some poke checks from behind (not all) are kind of ridiculous.

Also...

Any changes for shortside wrister? I swear, HUT is just a game of who can do that wrister better. Sure you can defend it, but eventually it'll go in. It's such a problem vs cpu goalies imo. HUT, EASHL. I remember they patched it up one year and it was great.
  • Free daily HUT pack (actually you get one every 12 hours and there's a TIMER thay actually tells you when you are able to get the next one) actually replaces the daily login coin reward. They don't mention that in the patch notes.
  • I'm noticing no sounds when the puck hits the boards... I'm not the only one as I'm hearing guys in EASHL talking about it
  • Free daily HUT pack (actually you get one every 12 hours and there's a TIMER thay actually tells you when you are able to get the next one) actually replaces the daily login coin reward. They don't mention that in the patch notes.

I wonder if the reward packs' size will grow like the coin reward did? If it doesn't, no big deal, but it's nice that they actually put a timer on the thing now rather than you having to guess at when the cut off time was with the coin rewards.
  • - Fixed a desync that would sometimes occur when starting a fight.

- Fixed some issues where players weren’t attempting one timers as expected.

Those are promising.
  • Overall not the gameplay changes I was hoping for. At least there is nothing to adapt to I guess.

• Nothing for goalies.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!