EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

4K Xbox vs Playstation

So if anybody is playing this game on both the PS Pro and Xbox One X...which one looks better now that there is a 4K patch for the Xbox version?

Replies

• BassMan_PC
    352 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    They should both be identical as EA Sports has parity between both platforms when it comes to technical aspects. However, X1X may be running at full 2160p during non gameplay scenes whereas the Pro only does 1800p. They both run at 2160p during gameplay.
  • Xbox One X Looks LITTLE BETTER
  • Xbox One X does look better, but its not a game changer by any stretch. If you own both machines and are trying to decide which system to buy it for, then yeah, the Xbox One X version is the better option. But if you already own NHL for the PS4 Pro and were thinking about picking it up for the Xbox One X, I wouldn't do it unless its at a severely discounted price (which is how I bought my mine), and I definitely wouldn't recommend purchasing the Xbox One X solely for this game.
  • Is all the power inside the one x enough to run the menu systems smoothly?
  • Is all the power inside the one x enough to run the menu systems smoothly?

The CPU is still trash in the X1X. So, it will not work miracles. Also, I think a lot of the menus lag due to accessing the online database. I only play EASHL and drop-in though. Can't speak for offline.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Is all the power inside the one x enough to run the menu systems smoothly?

The CPU is still trash in the X1X. So, it will not work miracles. Also, I think a lot of the menus lag due to accessing the online database. I only play EASHL and drop-in though. Can't speak for offline.

I think you're right about accessing online data. It is painful to try and edit lines before a VS game. It really shouldn't need to access online data to edit lines using a roster you've already downloaded, before you've connected to an opponent.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Is all the power inside the one x enough to run the menu systems smoothly?

I think you're right about accessing online data. It is painful to try and edit lines before a VS game. It really shouldn't need to access online data to edit lines using a roster you've already downloaded, before you've connected to an opponent.

It connects to the ea servers to do anything. I'm doing a franchise on legacy and I had to disconnect my ethernet because it was so painful to play while connected to the ea servers.