EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Why does HUT suck so much?

Prev1
This has been the worst year for HUT ever! People are buying teams. I've spent no money on HUT and I can't win a single game. I'm in division 10 and every opponent has Crosby, Ovechkin and all the TOTW players and Legends. Please make 2 separate HUTs. One for the people who want to buy wins and one for people who like to play the game. This is why EA is so hated by so many people! Paying to win is what is ruining out society! Wake up! Make a separate HUT for non paying players!

Replies

• So it seems to me you just started playing hut. 3 months after release. Most of us have been playing hut for months. Surely you didn't expect everyone to wait for you to start playing to then build their team. Relax. Take a deep breath. Start with the challenges. Play they advent challenge and use the collectable to get a gold rare. Build up your coins and buy ice players. You'll field a solid team in a couple weeks and be able to play with those power house teams in division 10.
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    In addition it’s superr easy to build a solid stacked team this year without spending money. Besides stacked teams do not mean nearly as much as the invidial skill of your opponent as opposed to yourself.
  • Is it HUT that sucks or the people that play it? Every game is virtually the same, exploit goal after exploit goal it’s a s#*t version of ground hog day
  • Simple, two letters. EA
  • nWoDust
    120 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I've played every HUT since 2011, this is the best HUT in years.

No more playing the market, I don't spend a dime on this mode.

Between the challenges, competitive seasons, and division bonus packs, you can build a solid team in no time. I got the game on Nov. 22, and I've had no problem going up against stacked teams. From a gameplay perspective, at least this year we have weapons to defend against the dipsy-doodle danglers.

My team actually gets better just playing the game, not the auction house. Guys that took me months to get in previous years I already have.

My team thus far with no market playing or real money spent:

FB Bucyk 90 - Base Bergeron 87 - Ice Scheifele 92

Hero Nash 90 - FO Toews 88 - Hero Neely 90

Base Benn 88 - Base Getzlaf 87 - Ice Pastrnak 89

Mov Marchand 88 - TOTW J.Staal 87 - Base Carter 86

Leg Lidstrom 92 - Ice Pietrangelo 92

Leg Bourque - 91 - Base Doughty 88

Base Chara - 82 - Base Myers 83

Ice Rinne - 89

McGovern

*Got Lidstrom in a returning user bonus pack.

Synergies - LL and S
  • Anybody else feel like the better their team gets the harder it is to get a W?
    I just got my team to 5 stars. HUT is the only mode I played and have played the most since it's inception. I feel like the last couple of years have been ridiculous for having a solid team in HUT.
    I am only in Division 7 and have spent no money on packs or individual cards. Built my team from playing games and challenges.
    My team is:
    Ice Gaudreau 93 - Leg Messier 92 - Leg Recchi 92
    Ice Schwartz 91 - TOTW Mackinnon 88 - Leg Shanahan 91
    Hero Sullivan 90 - Lafontaine 88 - Hero Nystrom 88
    Pacioretty 85 - Rookie McDavid 85 - Rookie Eichel 85

Leg Gonchar 91 - Weber 90
    Leg Carlyle 90 - Ice Carlson 88
    Base Keith 87 - TOTW Jones 87

Leg Hasek 92 - TOTW Bobrovsky 92

Any ideas how I can at least stay in games and move up divisions? I'm an average player I just can't seem to get any consistency going even with this decent roster. Thanks.

• So it seems to me you just started playing hut. 3 months after release. Most of us have been playing hut for months. Surely you didn't expect everyone to wait for you to start playing to then build their team. Relax. Take a deep breath. Start with the challenges. Play they advent challenge and use the collectable to get a gold rare. Build up your coins and buy ice players. You'll field a solid team in a couple weeks and be able to play with those power house teams in division 10.

Diggin the positivity Matthew
  • This has been the worst year for HUT ever! People are buying teams. I've spent no money on HUT and I can't win a single game. I'm in division 10 and every opponent has Crosby, Ovechkin and all the TOTW players and Legends. Please make 2 separate HUTs. One for the people who want to buy wins and one for people who like to play the game. This is why EA is so hated by so many people! Paying to win is what is ruining out society! Wake up! Make a separate HUT for non paying players!

In D10 you dont need Crosby, Ovechkin etc. to win games or division titles. A good player will get through D10 with the minimum of games even with a silver team. The problem with big name teams starting with D6 or D5 before that you dont need to take care for it.

Compared to previous years it was never so easy to built a competetive team. With the introduction of the ICE cards you can built a complete great with about 200k. In addition, even the best legends are available for 50k and less.

All you need to do is play some games, do your challenges and gather coins and players. This wil be not enough to get you an EVO Ovechkin or EVO Stamkos but a group of good ICE players in the 88-93 overall range. E.g. a very useful player like ICE Ehlers 88 (quite fast and good shoting) costs only 7-10k.

And buy the way. I have a very good team but I can not win either. It`s suffcient for D3 and sometimes D2 but the real good players from D1 usually beat me with lower budget teams.

So its not the money you spend on your team, it the man behind the controller!
  • The man behind the controller.. I like that
  • It's the connection at the residence of the man behind the controller.
  • The man behind my controller sucks

That too :D :D

This

I am the consequence of your actions
  • plantnap81 wrote: »
    Anybody else feel like the better their team gets the harder it is to get a W?
    I just got my team to 5 stars. HUT is the only mode I played and have played the most since it's inception. I feel like the last couple of years have been ridiculous for having a solid team in HUT.
    I am only in Division 7 and have spent no money on packs or individual cards. Built my team from playing games and challenges.
    My team is:
    Ice Gaudreau 93 - Leg Messier 92 - Leg Recchi 92
    Ice Schwartz 91 - TOTW Mackinnon 88 - Leg Shanahan 91
    Hero Sullivan 90 - Lafontaine 88 - Hero Nystrom 88
    Pacioretty 85 - Rookie McDavid 85 - Rookie Eichel 85

Leg Gonchar 91 - Weber 90
    Leg Carlyle 90 - Ice Carlson 88
    Base Keith 87 - TOTW Jones 87

Leg Hasek 92 - TOTW Bobrovsky 92

Any ideas how I can at least stay in games and move up divisions? I'm an average player I just can't seem to get any consistency going even with this decent roster. Thanks.

I had the same problem, I had 91 holtby and 89 price for goalies,I dropped price as my back up and put in a bronze goalie, dropped me to 4 stars. I wasn't matching up with power house teams after that, not all the time anyway.

• Didn't spent a penny (but a lot of times especially doing challenges) and my team is rated 97 overall...And you know what? I lost this morning to a guy with a crappy team, around 88 ovr because he was utterly good, it's not just about the team.
  • Shawn96 wrote: »
    Didn't spent a penny (but a lot of times especially doing challenges) and my team is rated 97 overall...And you know what? I lost this morning to a guy with a crappy team, around 88 ovr because he was utterly good, it's not just about the team.

Are you sure? I have never heard of this before. Losing to a better team just because they're better? Sounds ridiculous
  • I pretty much outright quit HUT this year. I got Madden and it’s just easier to build a team on there than NHL. I had disgustingly bad pack luck and it was extremely hard to get coins in previous games.

That said, I have a bunch of free packs I ripped in HUT this year and have had some solid pulls. Kane, Toews, Bergeron, Karlsson, Suter, Bobrovsky and that 88 Oshie. I may play a bit more after Christmas.

If anyone plays MUT and wants to trade a few of their nhl guys for my nfl guys I’d be open to it
  • This year's hut is the easiest hut ever to build a team. If you can't This year, you're doing it wrong.
  • This year's hut is the easiest hut ever to build a team. If you can't This year, you're doing it wrong.

yep
  • So uh.... yeah, HUT is still hot garbage. **** players spamming poke check, everyone playing the trap. The best part is when the game decides a goal is going to be scored at all costs.

Clear the puck, defensemen reaches with his stick behind his back, grabs it, flubs it in, through 2 defenders, through the 5 hole. If I control my Ld, Rd comes flying to my side leaving a wide open cross crease that’s still getting spammed like crazy.

Much like Madden, it penalizes players for trying to play real hockey or football. There’s no real puck movement, as the CPU players always know where you’re going before you go.

I was going to spend some real dollars on packs and try to build my team but the game hasn’t changed at all. It will be out of the game soon enough if real changes aren’t made. There’s honestly nothing fun about it. It’s almost like a chore playing.