EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Why does HUT suck so much?

2Next

Replies

• So uh.... yeah, HUT is still hot garbage. **** players spamming poke check, everyone playing the trap. The best part is when the game decides a goal is going to be scored at all costs.

Clear the puck, defensemen reaches with his stick behind his back, grabs it, flubs it in, through 2 defenders, through the 5 hole. If I control my Ld, Rd comes flying to my side leaving a wide open cross crease that’s still getting spammed like crazy.

Much like Madden, it penalizes players for trying to play real hockey or football. There’s no real puck movement, as the CPU players always know where you’re going before you go.

I was going to spend some real dollars on packs and try to build my team but the game hasn’t changed at all. It will be out of the game soon enough if real changes aren’t made. There’s honestly nothing fun about it. It’s almost like a chore playing.

did you literally create an account just to post this?
  • actually I’ve had the account for a while. Also made another post previous.

I was around when people were doing giveaways, having raffles, etc. the forum was actually, you know, active.

The post came because I hadn’t really played HUT all year and decided to give it another shot. It’s still trash.

Appreciate the concern though!
  • So uh.... yeah, HUT is still hot garbage. **** players spamming poke check, everyone playing the trap. The best part is when the game decides a goal is going to be scored at all costs.

Clear the puck, defensemen reaches with his stick behind his back, grabs it, flubs it in, through 2 defenders, through the 5 hole. If I control my Ld, Rd comes flying to my side leaving a wide open cross crease that’s still getting spammed like crazy.

Much like Madden, it penalizes players for trying to play real hockey or football. There’s no real puck movement, as the CPU players always know where you’re going before you go.

I was going to spend some real dollars on packs and try to build my team but the game hasn’t changed at all. It will be out of the game soon enough if real changes aren’t made. There’s honestly nothing fun about it. It’s almost like a chore playing.

I'm noticing that there a lot more tripping calls on that poke check
  • Don't forget the banners baiting you to get bent over. Love this 87 PT MacKinnon I just got. Really?? Well that card is practically worthless now. Thanks a lot. Chew on my dingle berries EA
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Don’t get caught up in card ratings too much...I just played a guy using 74 overall rated goalie and he played just as good as the top goalies in the game. 33 shots against him and he looked like a superstar sprawling all over the ice making highlight reel saves.....shut me out. The games outcomes are so random and times like this make think most of what we see on cards are placebo. Just designed to sell packs
  • This is by far THE WORST EDITION of the game since it’s debut. I’ve been a dedicated player of this franchise from the beginning and owned every edition since it’s debut on the Sega Genesis (27 years or so). As delightful and sexy as the design of the game and the bells and whistles we now have, it seems that the **** nerds in programming have engineered an AI that is NOT realistic nor reflective of innate hockey physics nor variances.

Basically what has happened for the past 5-10 years has culminated this season. You may have better controls via technological advancements in controller input combined with advances on the design side have made the appearance and interface better, while improvement in realism via AI has not kept pace.

To summarize we’ve enabled said company to create a constant money grab via online purchasing while basically recycling essentially the same “new fangled and improved” game. Point being that you can be a superior player and still lose games to a 9 year-old who throws the puck on net 30 times from the corner on your hall of fame goaltender.

As a retired career hockey person, confessed NHL franchise junky, I know what I’m seeing. I’ve also invested 100’s of thousands of dollars through private equity investment in EA and profited along the way. That will stop regardless of future dividends. Money can be made anywhere, I simply refuse to continue to suppprt a company that doesn’t give the people who made them wealthy and supported their growth since our childhoods anything back but the same old, nay worse product in the name of fleecing children and parents.

Will I continue to play HUT? Probably. Will it continue to **** suck? Probably.

EA Sports hockey programmers please listen to your constituents. We want to love your product but being in this bad relationship where you continue to promise us better while continuing to fall short on that promise year over year is simply a bait and **** switch.

If you can do something for starters make the goalie performance on-ice in-game match abilities/capabilities of said player. Biggest complaint is an all-world tendy who makes unreal saves (as he should) but can’t stop a popcorn fart that wouldn’t beat a mini-mite (or gives huge rebounds that physically couldn’t rebound that far with old or new pads and a racquetball)

That being said, anyone good doesn’t leave their goalie out to dry. No breakaways, no penalties and block everything....it’s not variance boys and girls...they want kids to score a few more goals so a few soft-serves squirt in...I’m just saying take a large sample size, consider everything. These days first goal wins, goalie demoralized, gets even softer....hey thanks again for allowing a goalie change with our timeouts this season.

And ya I took the time out of my life again for you EA just to type this on my phone.

‘Preciate ya EA!

• Going Hunting for chelios this afternoon. Wish me luck!