EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Final Prestiged...Now What?

Prev13
Playing strictly EASHL 3's, I have my level 50 3rd Prestige...now what?

There is nothing left to achieve in this stupid game. I miss leveling up and being able to edit my players attributes. This game gives you very little to work towards unless you're one of the mindless doofs who buy buy buy and buy more HUT packs.

Replies

• You could always... i dunno... play hockey(at least as close as as this game will allow).

If your only goal is to hit max rank and then you're done, maybe play CoD.
  • Create another account, play another position and try to get Prestige Maxed out playing ONLY that position. I'm doing it on my TheCreaseTV account where I only play goalie. Granted, I'm at P2 lvl 43 on my Venom account playing MOSTLY goalie, but doing it while playing one position exclusively is a challenge...
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• Is it better to have to pay for another account or just buy the game on a new account? Honest question what do you prefer? I prefer the latter.
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7
  • Is it better to have to pay for another account or just buy the game on a new account? Honest question what do you prefer? I prefer the latter.

On the Xbox One, you can simply SHARE your Xbox Live with any account on the same console. So you really need to have one xbox live subscription, even if there are 8 other accounts that are "free", you can still play online with them using the shared live from the main account.

• Socair
    1763 posts Game Changer
    Is it better to have to pay for another account or just buy the game on a new account? Honest question what do you prefer? I prefer the latter.
    Don’t have to pay for a “sub” account on PS4. Thought Xbox was the same?

But to the OP’s point, yeah I agree, and even having all the same unlock-ables as last year, it’s stale. Doesn’t keep me from playing afterwards, as I love clubbing, but it would be fun to see some new stuff/tougher challenges.

NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • BassMan_PC
    324 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You are a prime example of what is wrong with gamers these days. All about progression, unlocks, and achievements. Always need a pat on the back from the developers. How about just play the game for the love of the game and for the competition? Or would you prefer some more lootboxes and other garbage?
  • VeNOM2099
    2527 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    You are a prime example of what is wrong with gamers these days. All about progression, unlocks, and achievements. Always need a pat on the back from the developers. How about just play the game for the love of the game and for the competition? Or would you prefer some more lootboxes and other garbage?

This would work a lot better if the game was actually faithful in representing the sport more... Kinda hard to "love the game" when pucks are flying at weird angles all over the ice for no good reason;

UwuoPwb.gif

And before anyone says anything, that wasn't me in nets that it happened to... There's nothing WRONG with wanting a little progression in a videogame. You play Mario Bros. to save the Princess and along the way you collect coins, stars, moons, shines, etc. You play Call of Duty to beat the bad guy, and you get better gear and perks as you progress through the story. You play Final Fantasy to level up, get stronger and better gear and beat the last boss. You play Street Fighter to beat M. Bison by learning the patterns and mastering the moves and combos, and you unlock new costumes and characters along the way. Every video game, good or bad, needs something that you look forward to when you play, some kind of progression.

Why should EA's NHL be different??

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »

This would work a lot better if the game was actually faithful in representing the sport more... Kinda hard to "love the game" when pucks are flying at weird angles all over the ice for no good reason;

UwuoPwb.gif

And before anyone says anything, that wasn't me in nets that it happened to... There's nothing WRONG with wanting a little progression in a videogame. You play Mario Bros. to save the Princess and along the way you collect coins, stars, moons, shines, etc. You play Call of Duty to beat the bad guy, and you get better gear and perks as you progress through the story. You play Final Fantasy to level up, get stronger and better gear and beat the last boss. You play Street Fighter to beat M. Bison by learning the patterns and mastering the moves and combos, and you unlock new costumes and characters along the way. Every video game, good or bad, needs something that you look forward to when you play, some kind of progression.

Do you have another replay that shows the angle of the blade of the stick better? This isn't impossible if the blade angled so that makes more of a ramp for the puck to launch off of.

Progression is fine and all, but at the heart of playing a sports game, the goal is to win. In NHL you are progressing by beating other teams and moving up divisions/rank. There just isn't the kind of progression the OP wants in the game.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

UwuoPwb.gif

Do you have another replay that shows the angle of the blade of the stick better? This isn't impossible if the blade angled so that makes more of a ramp for the puck to launch off of.

Progression is fine and all, but at the heart of playing a sports game, the goal is to win. In NHL you are progressing by beating other teams and moving up divisions/rank. There just isn't the kind of progression the OP wants in the game.
    No "ramp". Just EA "physics".
    4fypzIK.gif
  • it doesn't matter what angle the stick is at. physics would cause the puck to be misdirected towards the boards in some manner. but to me what happens here is a case of "what we see" as different from what the game decided happened. in my mind it's clear that the game decided the initial sweep towards the board just lofted the the puck up a little bit but then the pull back of the one handed swing smacked the puck right into his own net.

just silly ridiculousness. And most importantly the goalie is right there on top of it but as usual goalies just fail and slow knuckle balls that should be easy to play. In real life there are 3 things here that would have never happened. but i just assumed 10-20 of these things will happen every game and you do your best to limit the damage they cause if you are a good team.

more crap that never happened until last few years.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

UwuoPwb.gif

No "ramp". Just EA "physics".
    4fypzIK.gif

The angle of the blade looks like it could have launched the puck in the direction it went. I know the physics aren't always perfect, but it doesn't seem impossible in this situation. Just tough to tell either way from that angle.
  • Lol I'm speechless.
  • Lol I'm speechless.
    Same here. :D
  • Try more competitive play... see if you truly deserve that coin.... www.ofhlhockey.com
  • The defenders and the fanboys are always there.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »

You're a prime example of why we have a "never play QC" rule on our team hahaha. The gameplay isn't good enough to just keep playing so yea, its more fun having a goal or something to achieve.
  • This guy really just defended those "physics" with a "ramp" argument lmao THIS is what's wrong with the game, players like this who think this is normal or possible. Making excuses at every turn for this game.

I absolutely love NHL and its the only game I buy every single year. But with each year passing, it's getting worse and worse and I play it less and less. The community is so barren you look online and it takes forever just to find a game, or you keep running into the same tired clubs. So sick of seeing a black man with a white beard....that's just the formula for a cheap, glitching, no class player. It never ceases to amaze me.
  • MetalMilitia623
    1464 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You're all prime examples of what is wrong with the game industry. You shell out top dollar for yearly releases that are subpar at best. You want to see change end their revenue source. And that works in anything not just video games.
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7
  • Sinbin
    1309 posts Member
    guacapoli wrote: »
    This guy really just defended those "physics" with a "ramp" argument lmao THIS is what's wrong with the game, players like this who think this is normal or possible. Making excuses at every turn for this game.

I absolutely love NHL and its the only game I buy every single year. But with each year passing, it's getting worse and worse and I play it less and less. The community is so barren you look online and it takes forever just to find a game, or you keep running into the same tired clubs. So sick of seeing a black man with a white beard....that's just the formula for a cheap, glitching, no class player. It never ceases to amaze me.

Look at the angle of the blade. How can you not say it's possible the puck went in a logical path?
  • Sinbin
    1309 posts Member
    sctty98 wrote: »
    The defenders and the fanboys are always there.

Some of us don't mindlessly follow the pack mentality that everything is wrong with this game.