EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

STUCK IN MUD!!! Can't control players, passes, shots, etc...

Seriously EA, I don't know what more you want me to do here. DSL Reports gives me an A+ A+ A+ rating across the board for Speed, Bufferbloat, and Quality. 100meg download, 10meg upload, most games under 50ms. I only play the ones with a steady line in the Network Performance. Tried different modems, different routers, different router firmwares, and different controllers. I am hardwired all the way around.
I have one broadband provider to choose from here and literally EVERYTHING ELSE works fine.

What is your deal!!! Why won't your game work properly online!?!?

Replies

• Are you starting the session or joining? What I heard is the connection is based on the source. So if you're joining a connection that is slow, you'll have those issues mentioned.
  • This is the REAL ice tilt. That is why some games your players are sluggish, controller input doesn't react in sync. Players stand around while your opponent flies around the ice like rabbits. The best part is when your opponent says you s-u-c-k afterwards. :/
  • mikeyflex wrote: »
    This is the REAL ice tilt. That is why some games your players are sluggish, controller input doesn't react in sync. Players stand around while your opponent flies around the ice like rabbits. The best part is when your opponent says you s-u-c-k afterwards. :/

Yeah that's the basic gist of things. I'm so busy fighting EA that I don't have the ability to fight my actual opponent. I would say over half of my losses are DISCs where EA forced me to fight them instead of my opponent. It has been this way since NHL 13 as far as I can remember, but it has gotten much worse once we moved over to the PS4 and XB1.

My question for EA is "how is that a realistic scenario?" Trash!!
  • I've noticed too that my shots aren't going exactly lately. I'll try and put it top corner only to hit the goalie chest. It doesn't happen all the time though.
  • RedBull1973JL
    741 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    I've noticed too that my shots aren't going exactly lately. I'll try and put it top corner only to hit the goalie chest. It doesn't happen all the time though.

I just can't get anything to work on a regular basis. It's all sorts of &%$#ed up all around, though that's nothing new to me really. You know the scenario where your dad gives you a controller that's not plugged in when you're like 3? That's what it feels like when I try to play this game. I have about as much say in what happens either way.
    Post edited by RedBull1973JL on
  • the skating and stickhandling are non-existent offline as well. welcome to sim puck!
  • It’s not lag or ice tilt. There is a problem specifically with the “game speed” slider.
  • It’s not lag or ice tilt. There is a problem specifically with the “game speed” slider.

Online is set to EA's dumpster-fire settings. Nothing I can do about that!!

Online is set to EA's dumpster-fire settings. Nothing I can do about that!!

It happens offline as well in play now. Totally random. Sometimes the game will feel and play like game speed 0 or 1 even though I have it set at 4.

• These problems all exist offline too.

except...it is lag and it makes the game absolutely terrible. If you don't experience it as often as someone like Redbull or myself consider yourself lucky. I have gripes with other parts of the game, but the delay, random spins, your guy auto back skating even when you have it turned off, basically being a complete pylon if you decide to initiate your own back skate, bobbling every single puck, missing the net by 5 feet on every shot, absolutely destroys any fun you can have with the game, and it's all decided by lag.

If I'm playing D i can tell you from the opening faceoff if it's going to be crap, as with no input on the controller my guy decides to turn around and face his own net. Why they haven't added a central server for this game is beyond me. Make the connection clean and maybe some of these things (ice tilt, wonky skating) won't be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about so much.

except...it is lag and it makes the game absolutely terrible. If you don't experience it as often as someone like Redbull or myself consider yourself lucky. I have gripes with other parts of the game, but the delay, random spins, your guy auto back skating even when you have it turned off, basically being a complete pylon if you decide to initiate your own back skate, bobbling every single puck, missing the net by 5 feet on every shot, absolutely destroys any fun you can have with the game, and it's all decided by lag.

If I'm playing D i can tell you from the opening faceoff if it's going to be crap, as with no input on the controller my guy decides to turn around and face his own net. Why they haven't added a central server for this game is beyond me. Make the connection clean and maybe some of these things (ice tilt, wonky skating) won't be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ about so much.

lag only intensifies how brutal the skating engine is. mess around in practice mode and you will see everything you describe happens there as well. this is the sim game dj neo and only dj neo pined for and even he doesn't play the game anymore lol.

i noticed some people mentioning how everyone wanted a sim skating engine and here we are, but that is not true, it was literally one guy beating that drum pre-TPS.
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    607 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Has anybody realized how bad the goalies are since the tuner? Such weak and garbage shots going in on a scale that wasn't like that before the tuner.