EA Forums - Banner

Difference of gameplay in Online Versus Vs HUT

I've been wondering this for a while now and decided I'd log on and ask here. Do you think there is a difference in gameplay when you play online versus and when you play HUT?

My record in Online versus is actually pretty good, I can cycle the puck, get the puck to the point, get lots of shots and shut down my opponent pretty well.

In HUT I can hardly make any plays, cycle the puck, get lots of shots or hold on to it long enough to create a good scoring chance.

I honestly feel like there is some sort of difference in gameplay between the two modes or it's in my head?

Happy New Year everyone

Replies

• You are absolutely correct sir. VS is way more fun.
  • Am I? I thought I was going crazy but something just felt.... off. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I lose my mind a lot more while playing HUT than I do playing VS
  • HUT is favorable for those with lots of money to buy all the best players. VS is more of a level playing field, thus requires more skill to be successful. I think what feels like a game-play difference is nothing more than a higher difference in player overalls between teams. It's not just overalls either, but synergies as well. The overall gap can be quite large in some cases.
  • HUT -arcade. Vs - sim. More realistic
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone
  • Might also be how you are playing too. There is more on the line in a HUT game than there is in a vs game. Could be thaat you see so much more crap in the HUT games
  • In VS u also don't get the fat man lag as u do in hut
  • In VS u also don't get the fat man lag as u do in hut

Oh yes you do. Fat-man lag does not discriminate one mode over the other.
  • Lol..well then I guess been lucky thank God because that is one of the most annoying things in hut
  • Lol..well then I guess been lucky thank God because that is one of the most annoying things in hut

That is the single largest game-breaking problem with the game as far as I am concerned. There are plenty of things that need fixing, but to not be able to control the basics of the game properly because of the internet or whatever EA has going on behind the scenes is the absolute worst thing, especially if you are ultra-competitive when you play the game.