EA Forums - Banner

Strategies?

What are your strategies when playing? Do you use different strategies depending on which line is on the ice? I've never really tinkered with the strategies before, I've just jumped into a game and played with whatever ones are default (?)

I wouldn't mind getting deep and trying strategies to see if it helps me in HUT

Replies

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Crosby8789 wrote: »
    What are your strategies when playing? Do you use different strategies depending on which line is on the ice? I've never really tinkered with the strategies before, I've just jumped into a game and played with whatever ones are default (?)

I wouldn't mind getting deep and trying strategies to see if it helps me in HUT

I haven't experimented with changing them on a line by line basis. I change them according to how my opponent is playing. Mostly I switch between contain puck and puck side attack depending on if they pass a lot or tend to carry it more. I'll also switch to 1-2-2 if I'm behind instead of using 2-3 so they're more aggressive.
  • You also have to use the strategies that mirror your play style. If you don't follow the strategy you have set the ai will do unexpected things and that is where people say "my ai is being dumb" and think there is ice tilt. When in reality it's just their play style not meshing with what the ai is expecting.