EA Forums - Banner

Button lag right after loading screen...

RedBull1973JL
741 posts Member
edited January 2018
Something I've noticed over the years is that right after the game loading screen when it shows pre-game skating with the NBC Sports music you can be locked out of any button input for up to like 5 seconds. I've seen there be no delay on occasion, but by rule I get at least a few seconds before I can do anything. This being the start button (to check latency) or strategy adjustments that I have to wait for sometimes.

Maybe it's something. Maybe it's nothing. But I do have a lot of weird skating in mud issues frequently, and watching other "top streamers" show that they don't seem to have the skating issues I do, nor do they have the button lock-out right at the beginning of the game like I do. I've seen them be able to press the start button immediately as the pre-game shows up when they want to quit on a bad connection.

Could this button lock-out indicate a problem on my end that I can't seem to find (which may be giving me lag fits) or is this just more the nature of the beast? I have noticed this quirk on every release of NHL on this current generation for both consoles.

Anybody else notice this at all?
Post edited by RedBull1973JL on

Replies

• I've noticed it too. Because of fat man lag I always check the connection (network performance) before the game starts. Just like you said, for about 5 seconds I can't access to menu to check it and it feels like a lifetime at that point! But it's maybe 1 game out of 5 when it happens.