EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Gary Bettman announces NHL Esports league

Prev134
EpiCxOwNeD
587 posts Member
edited January 2018
https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2018/1/27/16940862/nhl-18-esports-league-gary-bettman

What do you guys think? Will this help the NHL series be better in terms of less problems and bugs in the game since the league is investing a esports league into it?
Post edited by EpiCxOwNeD on

Replies

• So this means NHL is coming back to PC right? Considering every successful esport game resides and is played on PC.
  • B-Bunny
    871 posts Game Changer
    So this means NHL is coming back to PC right? Considering every successful esport game resides and is played on PC.

No.
    NHL Gamechanger
    PSN: B-Bunny
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/b_bunny
  • HAhahah !
    Hockey already has a bit of an idea of how an esports league works
    Hahahaha !
    NHL 18 does have quite the online presence, as the game’s 6-on-6 team modes are incredibly popular among hockey fans
    LOL
    Seriously... It just means they'll pump more marketing money. This game is dead. Ppl don't play anymore. It doesnt even feel like a game. Its just yelling at your TV for your player to do what you wanted him to do.
  • LOL THIS GAME ISN'T ESPORTS READY
  • Uhm, yeah... They would need a new whole new development team at ea if this were true..... the flaws in this game will be highlighted on the world stage.... puck pickups? Yeah, no.....
  • RSall14
    501 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Game is nowhere close to being eSports ready, what a joke.
  • This game isn't anything ready.
  • I’m not sure they know what E-Sports even are. I don’t think they mean what we think they mean.

I mean... they can’t... right? It will be a laughing stock.
  • E-sports for this series? ROFL!

• KidShowtime1867
    949 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    “This game isn’t esports ready”

“This game isn’t esports ready.... until I’m better at it.”

In all honesty - this is great for the game. I don’t think people are taking in to account that this likely means big development dollars.

That’s a good sign .
  • Then I’ll wait for the NHL to give EA hockey 1 BILLION dollars to see if they can fix at least a couple of things that have been playing this series for years. :lol:
  • That would be perfect.
    It would expose how bad this game really is and force EA to actually fix it finally !
    If EA shareholders ever got wind of how poorly the customers get treated and the conditions of the NHL game and online community they may actually do something about it.
  • Hasn't stopped FIFA from being terrible.
  • B-Bunny
    871 posts Game Changer
    Or Madden
    NHL Gamechanger
  • Hate to say it, but this is probably what this game needs right now. Too long EA has used the poor excuse that the NHL franchise is "not popular" as an iron-clad reason to not care about this game.

Having this game come into the limelight might just be the jolt this series needs to finally start being good.

Not gonna lie, the first few years will be a laughing stock of glitches, exploits and bugs. Can't wait to see an E-sport event won by someone scoring through the goalie's pads or a random deflection that goes against physics. If that doesn't get the people in charge to notice how bad the game is and actually LET the devs do their job to fix this game, nothing will.
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• EpiCxOwNeD
    587 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    “This game isn’t esports ready”

In all honesty - this is great for the game. I don’t think people are taking in to account that this likely means big development dollars.

That’s a good sign .

That's what I thought when I heard of it. I don't care for the Esports scene, but if this can help with development like you said, that would be great.

• “This game isn’t esports ready”

No. "This game isn't e-sports ready means this game isn't e-sports ready until:

pucks stop going through goalie pads

sticks stop passing through players' bodies and deflecting pucks away

poke checks that never come near the puck stop knocking it away even as other poke checks that are directly on the puck have no effect at all,

AI players stop turning their backs on the puck over and over again in the offensive zone

some players stop being able to pick up pucks while skating at full speed while others can't pick up pucks when they're standing right next to them

AI players stop skating directly toward their teammate when he's trying to break into the zone

top-flight NHL goalies stop giving up rebounds into the slot on weak shots from distance

the game stops making user-controlled players pivot in a direction that they're not being told to pivot, and that makes absolutely no sense from a gameplay perspective

etc. etc.

Having said that, I am very happy that this is going to happen, because it will shine a light on just how messy, glitch-ridden, and inconsistent gameplay has become, which may be the only chance we have that the game will ever be fixed.
  • Names in EASHL won’t even load. LOL!

Get your S together EA!!!
  • lol yeah name bars will be interesting! you cant even say " i have to go pee brb" in eashl dressing room with out it being censored, yet you can put some really nasty words on your name bar!
  • B-Bunny
    871 posts Game Changer
    Its not like nhl would be the first game to be broadcasted or the only one with custom player names. Theyd handle it like the others are handled, IF they even decide to do eashl. I have a feeling itll just be 1v1.
    NHL Gamechanger
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!