EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one ...

Who misses the original HUT format? it used to be my second fav game mode when it first came out Franchise will always be my fav but i cant even be bothered with HUT lately

Back when there were careers contracts training salary cap it was more fun trying t build a team

Careers was one of my fav features for a lot of reasons it forced you to change up your line ups regularly it actually gave contracts and training more usefulness as well combined with the cap it made you roll 4 realistic lines it also helped keep the market from being flooded with every player now its so easy for everyone to roll 4 lines with all 90+ Overall players and never change them like getting a good card now is nowhere near as exciting as it used to be like when you pulled that ovechkin or crosby back in the day it was like winning the lottery also finding those 80 an 50 game contracts the +5 all training was always exciting now you open a pack that costs 17500 pucks or like $2.99 i think and you get a few players some basically useless contract a couple coaches and those ever exciting HUT tips i find packs so boring now not to mention the jumbo weekends were amazing everyone got so excited for them it just seems so bland now is it just me? Am i just getting too old to enjoy it now? I really do miss enjoying EA hockey all together its kinda sad

Replies

• Another part was being able to train your fav propects and junior players to actually be competitive sticking a big contract on them now does anyone ever use juniors at all i mean they have zero use almost unless you play a friend an your both using full junior line ups
  • You are not alone at all. My favorite was opening a pack and seeing the Victory card sticking out and the excitement of who it might be!
  • kenawell wrote: »
    You are not alone at all. My favorite was opening a pack and seeing the Victory card sticking out and the excitement of who it might be!

Agreed the victory cards were always a big moment too
  • You would think that the old format would have been better from a business viewpoint too with player careers expiring more people would probably spend more money on packs hoping for good pulls to replace like your first line center when your current one retired they could probably sell the packs cheaper too but theyd sell twice as many if not more i know some people probably didnt like spending real money on cards you could only use for 60-120 games but i didnt mind it because it was more fun than it is now i havent spent cash on HUT packs in a few years now