EA Forums - Banner

What strategy????

AEM021591
47 posts Member
edited February 2018
What strategy makes the bot useful?

It seems that no matter what I do when I play with my team our bot just stands around, let’s people walk in and do what they want but the other teams ai steps up on D, forechecks on offense ...what do you have to do? (Profanity removed by EA_Lanna. Please don't curse or swear as per the NHL Forum Rules!)

Set him to neutral zone trap, high pressure tight point and he still just collapses and lets them walk in I don’t get it

You have the ai play defense, he doesnt stay at the point...you have him play offense and all he does is stand at he point it doesn’t make sense

And before you say “play 6’s” understand that I work 50-60 hours a week, my other 2 friends on the club also work so we don’t have time to build a full squad or even always play a full 3. We’ve tried 6’s in community and it’s even worse because of the amount of completely terrible people that play. So what do you have to do to have your ai be even semi useful?
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Replies

• B_Bunny
    893 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Pick your poison. Terrible AI or terrible humans. At least humans can be accountable. And you can find some good ones along the way and add them to your friends list.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • AEM021591 wrote: »
    What strategy makes the bot useful?

It seems that no matter what I do when I play with my team our bot just stands around, let’s people walk in and do what they want but the other teams ai steps up on D, forechecks on offense ...what the f***do you have to do?????

Set him to neutral zone trap, high pressure tight point and he still just collapses and lets them walk in I don’t get it

You have the ai play defense, he doesnt stay at the point...you have him play offense and all he does is stand at he point it doesn’t make sense

And before you say “play 6’s” understand that I work 50-60 hours a week, my other 2 friends on the club also work so we don’t have time to build a full squad or even always play a full 3. We’ve tried 6’s in community and it’s even worse because of the amount of completely terrible people that play. So what do you have to do to have your ai be even semi useful?

Play D in dropins, but make sure the other D man is a bot. You pick LD, sure enough, he plays LD. You choose RD, yep, you guessed it, the bot plays RD lol.
    So essentially, you wanna play RD? Then select LD as the bot will leave his position open to cover yours. This is the exact same issue since at least NHL 14....

The AI simply will not follow strategies. They do what they want regardless of strats you choose.
  • If you're playing EASHL 3s with a bot try running a human at center and on D and have the defenseman play like a forward. The AI winger will be much more defensively responsible than an AI defenseman. It's silly but it's effective.

If you must play with an AI defenseman you need to keep an eye on him at all times because he will run all over the defensive zone and drive the net in the offensive zone constantly. As soon as you see him abandon his post in either end you need to cover for him ASAP.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Pick your poison. Terrible AI or terrible humans. At least humans can be accountable. And you can find some good ones along the way and add them to your friends list.

Humans is the way to go but even at that I feel EA messes with my attributes at every matchup.

• B-Bunny wrote: »

Humans is the way to go but even at that I feel EA messes with my attributes at every matchup.

Take off your tinfoil
  • AEM021591
    47 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The community for drop ins is cancer...these people have no idea what they’re doing all they do is try to force cross creases, never cycle or play half boards...seriously don’t understand it

I play goalie when it comes to 6’s and it is beyond frustrating to watch every single team I play with just force the pass for 3 periods...I feel like I’m stuck between dumb and dumber when it comes to ai or full 6 drop ins
  • AEM021591 wrote: »
    The community for drop ins is cancer...these people have no idea what they’re doing all they do is try to force cross creases, never cycle or play half boards...seriously don’t understand it

I play goalie when it comes to 6’s and it is beyond frustrating to watch every single team I play with just force the pass for 3 periods...I feel like I’m stuck between dumb and dumber when it comes to ai or full 6 drop ins

As a Dman that’s why I enjoy playing against these lousy players in drop ins. They’re so easy to defend against and force turnovers for a quick transition (odd man rushes/breakaways).

Also easily standing up and/or forcing offsides against the lousy forwards that constantly try to cross the blue line into defending players. :lol:
  • Pavel_Beer_Eh
    90 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Take off your tinfoil

seriously you never feel your player is fast and skates smooth is one and game and then in another he feels slow
  • AEM021591
    47 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Take off your tinfoil

seriously you never feel your player is fast and skates smooth is one and game and then in another he feels slow

Always feel that. Just went on a 6 game win streak with my club, everything was smooth, players reacted and picked up the puck and skated proper and then just lost 2 in a row where my player skated like he had cement blocks on for skates and absolutely refused to pick up the puck no matter how many times I knocked it loose

And in all seriousness I don’t remember this ever happening back on 09-11...those games had their issues but at least they were more skill based, I keep feeling that the past few years games have just been about how many bounces can change the game and based off luck whether your guy will skate and pick up the puck like normal or if he’s got the agility of a 3 legged elephant.

I don’t care if I lose, I really don’t, there’s people out there that are better than me and that’s fine. The problem I have is I don’t like to lose based off of biased bounces and my guy completely lacking the physics to be able to actually play the game