EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Interview With An EA Sports Game Changer (B-Bunny) | Why EASHL Sucks

Prev134
I decided to do this interview with my good friend B-Bunny as he's an EA Sports Game Changer as I wanted to hear his side of opinion on things about EASHL and how it could improve over the next few years.

#MakeEASHLGreatAgain

Replies

• Good interview, totally agree about the NBA drop in setup, its awesome, I'd love to have it for EASHL
  • it's nice to hear B-Bunny, he doesn't sound bad at all, I was visioning this horrible dude who was up-tight and arrogant and angry personality or grumpy dude or nastiness.

but he doesn't sound that bad all, he has nice voice and calming and very mature personality, none violent attitude, plus he's accepting of questions and easy to talk to.

I'd definitely friend B-Bunny :open_mouth: , he also sounds like he's young in his 20-35, I like admins who sound nice and stuff.

*gives B-Bunny hug* :blush:
  • Someones got a crush.
  • BarnakeDusty
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    The EASHL took a huge drop in popularity when they decided to scrap the multiple dressing rooms. It used to be SO EASY to have a club with a lot of players in it (50 max, back then), you could just log on to any hour of the day and you'd be likely to see other players ready to play... or already playing. Got more than 6 people ready and waiting? No problem, just enter the second dressing room and pick one of two guys from the first one for an even split.

It's never been the same, since. That's the one thing they should reimplement to make forming clubs and playing sixes much easier.
  • Id love to see 3v3 playoffs for smaller clubs TBH...They missed the boat with that this year...Im surprised they didnt patch that in, would be super easy.
  • The EASHL took a huge drop in popularity when they decided to scrap the multiple dressing rooms. It used to be SO EASY to have a club with a lot of players in it (50 max, back then), you could just log on to any hour of the day and you'd be likely to see other players ready to play... or already playing. Got more than 6 people ready and waiting? No problem, just enter the second dressing room and pick one of two guys from the first one for an even split.

It's never been the same, since. That's the one thing they should reimplement to make forming clubs and playing sixes much easier.

Yea between this and the blatant trolling, EASHL has just become a frustrating experience for the most part.Not enough incentive right now to form a club. If there were multiple dressing rooms as there used to be, there would be no issues with joining clubs of 40 or 50 people. Seriously think this would promote club games alot more, thus reducing the need to play in the cesspool that is dropins.
  • The EASHL took a huge drop in popularity when they decided to scrap the multiple dressing rooms. It used to be SO EASY to have a club with a lot of players in it (50 max, back then), you could just log on to any hour of the day and you'd be likely to see other players ready to play... or already playing. Got more than 6 people ready and waiting? No problem, just enter the second dressing room and pick one of two guys from the first one for an even split.

Yea between this and the blatant trolling, EASHL has just become a frustrating experience for the most part.Not enough incentive right now to form a club. If there were multiple dressing rooms as there used to be, there would be no issues with joining clubs of 40 or 50 people. Seriously think this would promote club games alot more, thus reducing the need to play in the cesspool that is dropins.

Agree 100%
  • kitchener_boy
    353 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Now as far as EASHL goes..I rather E Sports be on vs actually. Sometimes I wonder if EA needs to put a gentlemans rule into online gamming.
    You know how EA has the protective bubble?? well ok, do that bubble when it comes to exploit wrap arounds that cant be stopped with today's goalie machanics.
  • gundamfreedomx
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    taking away custom builds killed the game for me
  • Now as far as EASHL goes..I rather E Sports be on vs actually. Sometimes I wonder if EA needs to put a gentlemans rule into online gamming.
    You know how EA has the protective bubble?? well ok, do that bubble when it comes to exploit wrap arounds that cant be stopped with today's goalie machanics.

Imo they can't do that with regard to esports... Look at any major esoort tournament and they don't have ai participants. Csgo and rocket league are the two major ones I keep some tabs on. Ai is too random to be balanced in an esport setting. Just look at this forum and all the people who say their goalie randomly decides to play poorly. Imagine the outrage if 100k is on the line.
  • Now as far as EASHL goes..I rather E Sports be on vs actually. Sometimes I wonder if EA needs to put a gentlemans rule into online gamming.

Imo they can't do that with regard to esports... Look at any major esoort tournament and they don't have ai participants. Csgo and rocket league are the two major ones I keep some tabs on. Ai is too random to be balanced in an esport setting. Just look at this forum and all the people who say their goalie randomly decides to play poorly. Imagine the outrage if 100k is on the line.

Madden and FIFA both have huge eSport tournaments with a much bigger pool of players and they have AI players in the game. Your statement is incorrect and I didn’t even leave EA to find it.

I’ll add that EASHL should be the eSport platform for this game though. You just need to fix skating, checking, wraparounds, ghost goalie pads, and poking through the goalie to hit the puck in (90% of the goals in competitive games seem to be from one of the last two things mentioned in my list) and it’d be eSport ready!
  • I've never heard of major tournaments for fifa or madden. I've seen minor and or local ones but nothing international like what you see with rocket league and csgo. I think even lol has international tournaments as well.

I guess the places I get info regarding the esports I follow don't handle madden and fifa.

What do you mean by wrap arounds that can't be stopped? They're pretty difficult to pull off vs an ai goalie, and I only get scored on with them when i play as goalie when i mess up. They're also incredibily easy to defend.
  • The hit bubble is still there. Probably 2 times a game I see my player do this when having someone lined up for death on ice.
    I
    S I
    I

I= me, S= Skater

Its like you get forced around them sometimes.
    The other one, is when you are trying to pull back on a stretch pass to avid going offside, but you get pulled across the line
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    The hit bubble is still there. Probably 2 times a game I see my player do this when having someone lined up for death on ice.
    I
    S I
    I

I= me, S= Skater

Its like you get forced around them sometimes.
    The other one, is when you are trying to pull back on a stretch pass to avid going offside, but you get pulled across the line

I've come across both of these issues as well. I just wish there were no protection bubbles. Period.

Someone wants to skate into an enforcer or power forward going for the hit? Unless they physically move around them manually with a deke or with skating, they should take a hit.

Being pulled off side, or even in other situations shouldn't happen, ever. All movement should be used initiated, imo.

• I think they're right. EASHL needs much more incentive to become popular again. Get custom celebrations for 6's goals and assists (non-3's mode), custom equipment for EASHL (jersey tucks, visors, etc.), hair, etc.

Also, I think they should make it more streamlined to send an "invite to club" request from a drop in lobby. Bring back practice mode for club. Definitely increase the club size. Make it at least 50 again. Ridiculous why the number is so low. Multiple dressing rooms would be a good touch again though shouldn't be high priority.

Also, drop ins would again be more effective with a lobby system. Get a good kick-vote system for drops.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    The EASHL took a huge drop in popularity when they decided to scrap the multiple dressing rooms. It used to be SO EASY to have a club with a lot of players in it (50 max, back then), you could just log on to any hour of the day and you'd be likely to see other players ready to play... or already playing. Got more than 6 people ready and waiting? No problem, just enter the second dressing room and pick one of two guys from the first one for an even split.

Why did people like 40 or 50 on a club? I feel like it would have no identity. It's not a core group of players achieving success, or failure, together. I think a max of 20 lets multiple lobbies happen and still stays within the team focus that this mode provides. There's not much of an actual team when you have 40 or 50 people on it. That's more like a guild which doesn't really fit in to hockey.

There's also the issue of leaderboards. When you have teams with huge amounts of players it just means the same teams are at the top of the leaderboards due to the volume of games they're playing. It seems more competitive to allow a smaller roster, but multiple dressing rooms where not every game counts towards progression.

I just feel like big rosters it take away from being an actual team you can be identify or connect with, but I guess not too many people care about that.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    I think they're right. EASHL needs much more incentive to become popular again. Get custom celebrations for 6's goals and assists (non-3's mode), custom equipment for EASHL (jersey tucks, visors, etc.), hair, etc.

Also, I think they should make it more streamlined to send an "invite to club" request from a drop in lobby. Bring back practice mode for club. Definitely increase the club size. Make it at least 50 again. Ridiculous why the number is so low. Multiple dressing rooms would be a good touch again though shouldn't be high priority.

Also, drop ins would again be more effective with a lobby system. Get a good kick-vote system for drops.

I'd love to see a good vote kick system. One that wouldn't be abused. That's the hard part though. I wouldn't be surprised if teams kicked their human goalie the moment he lets one in. A more complex system that took in to account their grades and how they are playing then giving the option to kick them would be welcome.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    I think they're right. EASHL needs much more incentive to become popular again. Get custom celebrations for 6's goals and assists (non-3's mode), custom equipment for EASHL (jersey tucks, visors, etc.), hair, etc.

I'd love to see a good vote kick system. One that wouldn't be abused. That's the hard part though. I wouldn't be surprised if teams kicked their human goalie the moment he lets one in. A more complex system that took in to account their grades and how they are playing then giving the option to kick them would be welcome.

works well in 2k basketball....

few turnovers quickly, a blocked shot, a bad defensive series and garbage shot and you're gone.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

Why did people like 40 or 50 on a club? I feel like it would have no identity. It's not a core group of players achieving success, or failure, together. I think a max of 20 lets multiple lobbies happen and still stays within the team focus that this mode provides. There's not much of an actual team when you have 40 or 50 people on it. That's more like a guild which doesn't really fit in to hockey.

There's also the issue of leaderboards. When you have teams with huge amounts of players it just means the same teams are at the top of the leaderboards due to the volume of games they're playing. It seems more competitive to allow a smaller roster, but multiple dressing rooms where not every game counts towards progression.

I just feel like big rosters it take away from being an actual team you can be identify or connect with, but I guess not too many people care about that.

My idea would be to have the Club members limited to 50 max, but only 20 can be "active" (18 skaters, 2 goalies) at any given time. Players should also be able to "favorite" clubs they've played with so that when they need to change, it's much more streamlined and efficient than it currently is.

Something that happened very often when playing in LG (or any other online league) was the need to join and leave multiple clubs. Having clubs as "favorites" would make the process of finding a club easier (if you've already played with them) and on the club side, having an active/inactive roster would make things easier on the GM/Owner as well.