EA Forums - Banner

Blue line animations

Hopefully in NHL 19 they will finally add some new animations around the blue line. Offensive players hardly try to keep themselves and the puck in the zone. Other players try a little bit when entering the zone (foot drag), but once you are in the offensive zone they don't do squat to keep the puck in it. I am not asking for more manual help from the game. When I am turning or cycling the puck the players need better blue line awareness where they go out of their way to keep the puck in the zone. For example if I am skating towards the blue line with the puck and hit up, I shouldn't slightly glide out of the zone bringing the puck with me. My player should do more, as I am trying to control them to do, to keep the puck in the zone. When I turn near the line they should bring the puck in tighter to their bodies. All I know is right now there is next to zero player awareness when the play is occurring near the line.

Replies

• Can't you use the right stick to keep the puck within the zone as you near the line? I know it works for me in legacy.
  • Can't you use the right stick to keep the puck within the zone as you near the line? I know it works for me in legacy.

I think he’s referring to the puck pickup animations that have been implemented in the new gen. I agree that if they’re going to keep these things in (which I personally believe they shouldn’t as I’ve seen my guy take anywhere from 3-6 strides without input because of them) they need to be more aware of the blueline.

Long story short, metal, there are things in the game that play the game for you, and they’ll make you leave the zone for you, so this actually is a valid complaint. I know you haven’t played (and I don’t blame you, I’m a PC gamer myself) just informing you of these mechanics, cause I’d have the same reaction had I not played the next-gen haha.

SPPs are certainly and immersion-breaking, frustrating feature that I find not exactly beneficial to the same experience. I much prefer picking my own path/stick position as seen in the old-gen.
  • CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Can't you use the right stick to keep the puck within the zone as you near the line? I know it works for me in legacy.

I think he’s referring to the puck pickup animations that have been implemented in the new gen. I agree that if they’re going to keep these things in (which I personally believe they shouldn’t as I’ve seen my guy take anywhere from 3-6 strides without input because of them) they need to be more aware of the blueline.

Long story short, metal, there are things in the game that play the game for you, and they’ll make you leave the zone for you, so this actually is a valid complaint. I know you haven’t played (and I don’t blame you, I’m a PC gamer myself) just informing you of these mechanics, cause I’d have the same reaction had I not played the next-gen haha.

SPPs are certainly and immersion-breaking, frustrating feature that I find not exactly beneficial to the same experience. I much prefer picking my own path/stick position as seen in the old-gen.

SPPs have been an awful addition to the skating engine, and are part of the reason why it feels so clunky at times.
  • There are always improvements to be made. Wouldn't mind them fixing a lot of the animations and bodychecking aswell.
  • Ah, he didn't seem to mention puck pickups but I have read about how awful they are. Really glad I just play legacy every now and then. Much less frustrating I imagine.