EA Forums - Banner

Patch 1.06 now live

Prev1
LeafsNation84
151 posts Member
edited February 2018
Wonder how much didnt get fixed?

Update history on ps4 just says the usual various bug fixes tuning and improvements

Dont know why they dont make use of this feature to add patch notes to consoles

Replies

• pretty sure it will come in the day.
  • pretty sure it will come in the day.

Im aware when they usually post patch notes in the forum im saying its stupid theyre given the update history feature on ps4 but fail to use it to its potential how are non forum users supposed to know whats been fixed when they dont post them on the console
  • Here we go again with EA releasing a patch without patch notes
  • I wonder if that has anything to do with the crappy gaming last night
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    trw1987 wrote: »
    I wonder if that has anything to do with the crappy gaming last night
    Or last five months?

• Look at your collectables and consumables after update.
    Mine all disappeared.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    I wonder if that has anything to do with the crappy gaming last night
    Or last five months?

months?
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh this answers my question on another post...it was EA patch ok I get it now.
  • It's to bad they don't post the notes sooner, but I'm sure later today they will arrive.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • RSall14
    613 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    It's not going to be game-changing, don't get your hopes up.
  • Roster Update
    We will be doing a roster update on Friday Feb 16th. This update will be for the NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, NLA, DEL, LIIGA, SHL and EXTRALIGA.
  • 3:00PM
    Roster Update
    We will be doing a roster update on Friday Feb 16th. This update will be for the NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, NLA, DEL, LIIGA, SHL and EXTRALIGA.

HUT
    Added new HUT Champions Mode. See full details here: https://www.easports.com/nhl/hockey-ultimate-team/news/2018/hut-champions

Uniforms
    • Gatineau Olympiques Alternate
    • Hamilton Bulldogs Alternate
    • Edmonton Oil Kings Alternate
    • Portland Winterhawks Black Alternate
    • Regina Pats Alternate
    • Victoria Royals Alternate

Equipment
    • Verbero Cypress Pro V1000 Player Gloves
    • Verbero Dextra Pro III Player Gloves
    • Verbero Mercury HG80 Player Gloves
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    I wonder if that has anything to do with the crappy gaming l FJast night
    Or last five months?
    months?
    Well this is about Nhl18 so yes, months. I see your point though... ;)
  • Still no Sabres WC jersey..? Hopefully there is merely a skeleton crew at this point (not going to mention HUT which I'm sure they deeply care about and have people on year-round), and the rest is developing some huge leap for '19, like I don't know, Frostbite + the largest gameplay leaps for the franchise to date. Yes, I know. I'm dreaming.
  • Wow. Not a single fix in this update LOL. Don't think someone needs a huge table with 36 people sitting around it and asking why sales just keep tanking....
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Wow. Not a single fix in this update LOL. Don't think someone needs a huge table with 36 people sitting around it and asking why sales just keep tanking....

This is how annual releases work. If they constantly work on updates for the current game, the next one won't get done. We all would love to see more gameplay issues resolved, but annual releases take a lot more work than you guys think. New features have to be added or people will just claim it's a roster update. Many here say that it is already. If they spend all year working on updates, there won't be anything actually new for the next game. Sure, it would be great if they moved to a different model that didn't include annual releases, but unless that changes, we have to accept that big code changes aren't going to happen until the next game comes out. Post launch support lasts about 5 months. Then we just have to wait.

Also, patches aren't exactly cheap. This is also why you don't see a lot of them. They work on multiple issues at once to get the most bang for their buck when it comes to releasing patches. Some stuff also can't be fixed when it's possible new features in the next game will break it. Better to get it fixed for the next game so it works with the new features and resolves existing issues.

Patches aren't near as easy as most people here think they should be.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Wow. Not a single fix in this update LOL. Don't think someone needs a huge table with 36 people sitting around it and asking why sales just keep tanking....

This is how annual releases work. If they constantly work on updates for the current game, the next one won't get done. We all would love to see more gameplay issues resolved, but annual releases take a lot more work than you guys think. New features have to be added or people will just claim it's a roster update. Many here say that it is already. If they spend all year working on updates, there won't be anything actually new for the next game. Sure, it would be great if they moved to a different model that didn't include annual releases, but unless that changes, we have to accept that big code changes aren't going to happen until the next game comes out. Post launch support lasts about 5 months. Then we just have to wait.

Also, patches aren't exactly cheap. This is also why you don't see a lot of them. They work on multiple issues at once to get the most bang for their buck when it comes to releasing patches. Some stuff also can't be fixed when it's possible new features in the next game will break it. Better to get it fixed for the next game so it works with the new features and resolves existing issues.

Sinbin, you guys need to change your business model. Yearly releases keep the game stale and stagnant.

And this is why sports games are literally the only genre that has annual releases. Look at just about every esports title outside of sports titles and they are all a singular release with constant support and updates.

Imo there's no reason other than corporate greed keeping this from being setup in a similar fashion. The devs would be able to do more and the consumers would get a better product. The only ones who might lose a little are the people at the top and shareholders who likely already have enough for "a little" to not matter.

There's a reason most pc games are continuously developed and not released yearly.
  • When are you gonna throw more faces in there? It is a joke that ill have to play the Maple Leafs without Nylanders real face for example. It is 2018 EA.

And this is why sports games are literally the only genre that has annual releases. Look at just about every esports title outside of sports titles and they are all a singular release with constant support and updates.

Imo there's no reason other than corporate greed keeping this from being setup in a similar fashion. The devs would be able to do more and the consumers would get a better product. The only ones who might lose a little are the people at the top and shareholders who likely already have enough for "a little" to not matter.

There's a reason most pc games are continuously developed and not released yearly.

Well, most sports have annual seasons so I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that.