EA Forums - Banner

Please Stop Skating Into Me

Like the title says, please stop skating into your own players. Learn to control your skaters better; it is possible. If you’re skating into the same ice that one of your players already occupies, then there’s a good chance you’re over playing the situation. You only ever have to come as close as the reach of our two sticks; especially now with the inclusion of the defensive skill stick.

Here are some tips;

- stop sprinting everywhere you go
- Hold the left stick in the opposite direction you are moving to stop, tap to slow down
- Learn to cut back against the grain instead of turning out of the lane and into someone else’s
- Turn auto back skate off and learn how to use it properly
- if you’re a forward, don’t skate behind your defensemen
- Back check and wait for your defensemen to turn the offensive player into you instead of trying to cut in front for a hit and thus pinning your defensemen against the boards, leaving the inside lane open for an easy scoring chance

Anyone got any more tips to share?

Replies

• OTP guru, thanks
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    OTP guru, thanks

C'mon man at least he tried to be constructive. What did your post accomplish besides being in another non-constructive post like mine? =P
  • I know several players like this. I call it "left stick heavy"
    They:
    never stop skating
    never glide
    never park for a one timer
    always get in your way
    always circle when the play changes direction
    always chase the puck
    often skate backwards at every face off, win or lose < I find that hilarious
    often play left wing or right wing
    often can't stick handle
    often have the highest amount of turnovers
    often are that 1 guy that ruins the game no matter how good the other 4 skaters are lol

I have 2 that are my friends and I don't know what to do .. maybe an intervention? another good reason for a 2nd psn account lol
    They:
    never stop skating
    never glide
    always get in your way
    always chase the puck
    often can't stick handle
    often are that 1 guy that ruins the game no matter how good the other 4 skaters are lol

I have 2 that are my friends and I don't know what to do .. maybe an intervention? another good reason for a 2nd psn account lol

also never let off the hustle button, missing every puck and scream obscene and offensive things into their mic in a manner reminiscent of Sam Kinison?
  • scream obscene and offensive things into their mic in a manner reminiscent of Sam Kinison?
    exactly! I'm pretty sure the one game I played I had Sam Kinison at rw Gilbert Godfrey at lw and Steven from worlds greatest freakout at ctr
  • scream obscene and offensive things into their mic in a manner reminiscent of Sam Kinison?
    exactly! I'm pretty sure the one game I played I had Sam Kinison at rw Gilbert Godfrey at lw and Steven from worlds greatest freakout at ctr

did he bring his TV remote?
    They:
    never stop skating
    never glide
    always get in your way
    always chase the puck
    often can't stick handle

LOL! I like that one and consider it stolen :)