EA Forums - Banner

Can someone from EA please address this

13Next

Replies

• 13ulow
    52 posts Member
    The freeze from the puck drop is clearly a bug that should be addressed by EA asap. A wonder that it is still around.

For the other issues you are mentioning I think it is a bit harder to tell exactly what is going on. It could be connection issues which varies game to game, it could be synergy related where the fast flowing team has more synergies activated, or it could be something completely different - like "ice tilt".

With this said, I acknowledge these issues and share the frustration with you.

However, don't expect EA to comment here. Report this via the regular support forum where you get to chat with some EA representative. They will not have an answer right away, but should be able to revert to you in a couple of days. But don't hope for too much. Good luck!
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    It's not a bug, it's been in their games a while now. You are basically dependent on the AI grabbing the puck before being able to do anything. Just hope your guys grab it before theirs. Yes, it's lame.
  • 13ulow
    52 posts Member
    ExSnake01 wrote: »
    It's not a bug, it's been in their games a while now. You are basically dependent on the AI grabbing the puck before being able to do anything. Just hope your guys grab it before theirs. Yes, it's lame.

How can that not be a bug? Of course it is not intended that all players should freeze.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    13ulow wrote: »
    ExSnake01 wrote: »

How can that not be a bug? Of course it is not intended that all players should freeze.

Well, it's a lot like when I pass to a guy skating into offensive zone without the puck. I'll send the pass to him but then it switches me to that guy, and I am unable to turn or move him so that he doesn't go offside. In result, the guy just continues skating in a straight line and eventually it gets whistled down. I am only able to start moving him the way I want when he gets the puck.

It's just another component of the game where control is being taken away from me. No different than the faceoff situations honestly. I sometimes never know what the developer team intended with some of the wacky things I've seen in NHL 18. These scripted/automatic events drive me crazy sometimes because I have no control.

• jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    While I understand the Devs cannot address and answer every single question the 3 very specific questions in my OP here spell 3 things that hundreds of people want answers to and I’ve submitted it in a way that is in accordance with forum rules. The lack of acknowledgement of these issues or answer to these 3 simple questions is not only disheartening but is the root in which all the conspiracy theories spring from. You would think they would want to address it since those conspiracies have seen dozens of threads, hundreds of posts, and much unpleasantness and sanctions. They have had to do more work policing the forums over that stuff than it would take to get a legit answer from a Dev on the questions. Oh well perhaps by not answering they are actually answering the questions loud and clear.
    Post edited by jake19ny on
  • You can defend the one timer off the faceoff by switching to a player immediately after you lose the draw and then poke check the puck away.