EA Forums - Banner

Server Issues playing Online VS

nickels55
177 posts Member
edited February 2018
What the heck was going on last night? I tried to play VS and the first issue is that when picking teams our user names were blank. Then eventually they would be listed, but the games wouldn't get past the opening screen without a disconnect message. Then there was data error messages for a bit. We were finally able to connect around 10:30pm EST. Nothing like have a few hours a week to play and not being able to do it. #wahhh #firstworldproblems

Replies

• Socair
    2580 posts Game Changer
    Was a PSN issue, not the game/servers.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • That explains why all the EA Server Down sites weren't showing any problems last night. Stupid PSN network
  • deadman9999
    875 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    You can tell if there is a PSN issue by going to your messages section and see if all the avatars load up or if they remain blank, if there not loading than there is a PSN issue going on
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2018

PSN issues I have not run into that yet. Did that affect PS3?.
  • It happens. One easter in the PS3 era someone hacked PSN, I wasn't the only one with a long face then.
  • kitchener_boy
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Happens more and more now cause of the Pay to Play thing. It's all about proving a point on security or lack of I guess.
  • Yeah, if I remember this correctly, the guys who hacked PSN did it because they could.
    And I was thinking they could've proven their point at another time than the one where every working guy finally has the time to play his 60$ game....
    I think that was that easter, but I'm old, I'm confusing stuff all the time :-)