EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 18 HUT TOTY FAQ

Ty_Hors
60 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited August 2018
Hey everyone!

With HUT TOTY starting to kickoff tomorrow, here are some of the most frequently asked items we have seen surface before hand.

Q: What packs can you pull HUT TOTY Items in?
A: You can pull any HUT TOTY item in any TOTY pack.

Q: Can I earn TOTY packs by playing?
A: Yes. During the HUT TOTY event, you will be able to earn TOTY packs that have the prospects of TOTY items by ranking in the top 10,000 of a TOTY Competitive Seasons round or by qualifying for and ranking in HUT Champions seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7.

Q: Will HUT Champions rewards be updated to allow for the prospect of pulling a TOTY item?
A: Yes. During the HUT TOTY event, all Ultimate Pack rewards for HUT Champions Seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7 will be TOTY Ultimate Packs instead of a regular Ultimate Pack.

Q: Will TOTY player items upgrade their Evolution items?
A: Yes, TOTY items are performance-based upgrades and the players' Evolution items will upgrade to match their TOTY overall.

Q: How will a TOTY player’s future inform items be handled?
A: If a player receives a TOTY item then receives a performance-based inform (such as a Milestone, Team of the Week or Prime Time), the new performance-based item will be upgrade from their previous highest overall inform. For example, if a 95 overall TOTY player’s last highest performance-based inform item was 89 overall, their next performance-based item inform would be 90 overall.

Q: Will TOTY items update throughout the year if the player gets performance-based inform items above the TOTY overall?
A: Yes, TOTY player items will always be the highest rated player item. In the event a player receives a performance-based inform at or above the TOTY item’s overall, the TOTY item will be upgraded to be the highest overall item of that player.

March 20th FAQ

Q: How will TOTY Packs work?
A: TOTY Packs will work as follows:
  • A TOTY pack will only have prospects of the TOTY collectible that was available when you received/purchased the TOTY Pack.
    • This means that a pack received/purchased during Community TOTY pack will ONLY have the prospects of getting a CTOTY Collectible, a pack received/purchased during Defensive TOTY will ONLY contain the prospects of getting a DTOTY item, etc.
  • A TOTY pack will have the prospects of ACTIVE and AVAILABLE TOTY Player Items based upon when the pack is opened.
    • This means a CTOTY pack that is opened during Defensive TOTY will have the prospects of DTOTY player items only, a CTOTY pack that is opened during Young Guns TOTY will have the prospects of YGTOTY items, etc.

An example to summarize:
  • A CTOTY pack opened during DTOTY will contain prospects of the following:
    • CTOTY collectibles
    • DTOTY player items

Q: How do TOTY set packs work?
A: TOTY Set packs will ONLY contain items from the corresponding week that the set was completed in. For more details, check out the TOTY Event Blog
    Q: How will Defensive, Young Guns, and Offensive TOTYs be structured?
    A: DTOTY, YGTOTY, and OTOTY will contain:
    • 3 NHL Forward Lines
    • 1 Non-NHL Forward Line
    • 2 NHL Defense Pairings
    • 1 Non-NHL Defense Pairing
    • 1 NHL Goalie
    • 1 Non-NHL Goalie

Q: How do I get Non-NHL TOTY items?
    A: Non-NHL TOTY items will only be available in TOTY packs and will be bronze and silver items, according to their league. They will take the place of a gold rare player in a pack (don't worry, their overalls are higher than the cutoff for a gold rare)
      View the TOTY Hub tomorrow at 5 PM PDT/2 PM PDT to see who made the NHL 18 HUT Defensive TOTY!

View the NHL 18 HUT Community TOTY!
      Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• So if I have hoarded my CS and hut champs packs it will be impossible to pull toty players from them ?
      • I pulled 3 players from the community hut team (Keller, Werenski, Panarin) in a toty pack and was given gold versions not toty. Please help.
      • Is there a possibility that an EVO card doesn't upgrade following the TOTY release? I have 2 Bo Horvat EVO in my collection, and after the TOTY Community release, one is now at 93, and the other one remained at 87. How come?
      • With the TOTY collectibles, I noticed it says Community TOTY on the card. Does that mean I can only use them for this week, or will I be able to use them on one of the other TOTY's in the following weeks
      • Ty_Hors
        paddymck1 wrote: »
        With the TOTY collectibles, I noticed it says Community TOTY on the card. Does that mean I can only use them for this week, or will I be able to use them on one of the other TOTY's in the following weeks

You'll only be able to use them for this week. You can view the full details here
      • Ty_Hors
        vinnyboy79 wrote: »
        Is there a possibility that an EVO card doesn't upgrade following the TOTY release? I have 2 Bo Horvat EVO in my collection, and after the TOTY Community release, one is now at 93, and the other one remained at 87. How come?

The items just need to refresh; if you send it in and out of your collection it should update!
      • Ty_Hors
        I pulled 3 players from the community hut team (Keller, Werenski, Panarin) in a toty pack and was given gold versions not toty. Please help.

This is as intended; a change was made at the start of the year to allow all active and available players to be pulled in packs. View the info here
      • Ty_Hors
        Updated with more FAQ
      • Didn’t get my packs ...
      • MCMZ
        37 posts Member
        What's the age limit for the YG roster?
        Miss putting my HUT team here....
      • Ty_Hors
        MCMZ wrote: »
        What's the age limit for the YG roster?

NHL players must be on their ELC (Entry-Level Contract)

Non-NHL players must be 23 and under.
      • Hello, i've played every round on this current toty comp season, but i didint get season points for second round. First round i placed 3111 i get 180 season points, second round i placed 500 and i should have 555 points, but no. My season standings says rank 14466 and 180 season points, and when i push it it opens my record 27-7-1 so its counting my games but not my season standings, please fix this. Whats the point of playing if i cant get right ranks and prices?
      • If a player has a toty card, and then there is a set card released with a higher overall, will the toty card upgrade to match the set card?
      • I bought that HUT team of the year rare pack and an offensive team of the year pack and not one single player over 88. What a joke. $50+ gone wasted. This is my first and last year playing NHL 18.