EA Forums - Banner

First person?

I have been waiting this for so long. i thought last year that finally they made it but no. So my wish (and many many others) is that we would finally have first person mode or cam in future.

Thank you.

Replies

• Isn't it already an option for EASHL/BAP? I would hate it lol but to each their own.
  • There was an old football game that was 1st. Might have been 2k "ESPN" football. It was amazeballs back in the day.
  • WPGjets
    43 posts Member
    if the developers allows us to use the zoom and tilt function of the camera, you should be able to get very close to first person view.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    How would this even work? You'd have to take away skill stick since one stick needs to move your head and one needs to move your body. I think it would only be possible with VR.

• Might be pretty nice.
    I've got it definitely on my list for the mod. If nothing else, I might at least tell you if is hockey playable, like that :)
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1321 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    That might be cute gimimck at concept level, especially if you had VR, but if you really think about, it would be completely horrible. At least if the current engine was used.

Why do you think it would great skating circles around the puck in 1st person, when it's so bad already in 3rd? Don't you see how often the player is facing AWAY from the puck, and still manages to shoot/pass whatever. How would you think it worked in 1st person where you need to see the puck all the time to play? Having the bird's eye view of the game is the only thing that makes it possible for this game to work. Tracking the puck would be a nightmare, you'd have slow the game down a lot etc.

• Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm really sorry, but I hope that doesn't happen, even being just an extra option for the player. The reason being is that's a lot of work, and pretty much an entirely new mode, and I don't want EA spending so much time on that when they could be doing what little they already do elsewhere for the sake of the base game.

If they were like Sony Interactive put out a robust and careful sports game every year, sure, maybe, but no way I want EA wasting time. We already get so little in the way base improvements.
  • I'm really sorry, but I hope that doesn't happen, even being just an extra option for the player. The reason being is that's a lot of work, and pretty much an entirely new mode, and I don't want EA spending so much time on that when they could be doing what little they already do elsewhere for the sake of the base game.

If they were like Sony Interactive put out a robust and careful sports game every year, sure, maybe, but no way I want EA wasting time. We already get so little in the way base improvements.

I agree with this...Every. Single. Word.

I want a perfectly functioning ONLINE game before EA tries to add anything else to the mix. There is plenty of work there to keep them busy for quite a while.
  • Wasn’t this a camera option a few years ago? I seem to recall playing BAP and trying out this camera view and I thought it was such a mess and difficulty to play. Besides what was directly in front of me (my player) I couldn’t see 🎃🎃🎃🎃 otherwise. I definitely wouldn’t play this game again using a first person camera.
  • mhandymanb wrote: »
    Wasn’t this a camera option a few years ago? I seem to recall playing BAP and trying out this camera view and I thought it was such a mess and difficulty to play. Besides what was directly in front of me (my player) I couldn’t see **** otherwise. I definitely wouldn’t play this game again using a first person camera.

Now that you mention it, that sounds very familiar. I think when I bought the game it defaulted to a camera view like that, and I wasn't having it. Overhead view all the way (or Classic)

• There were a switch to the (almost) 1st person cam during the breakaway situations in some very old EA game in 90s, I think. Not 100% sure how much "1st person" it was tho.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    There were a switch to the (almost) 1st person cam during the breakaway situations in some very old EA game in 90s, I think. Not 100% sure how much "1st person" it was tho.

I think that was NHL 2000. May be wrong though. The only first person camera I can think of is when it was in for fighting.
  • first person view would be wicked for slapshots right off a faceoff in the offensive zone.

slap shots are nice, but a slap shot in first person mode to win the game in OT at a huge e-sport event, would be cool.