EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 MUSIC

WainGretSki
3660 posts Member
edited April 2018
The general consensus seems to be that the songlist for 18 leaves alot to be desired, so I figured we could suggest some songs. Here's a suggestion that should cover alot of tastes. I prefer a heavier side to music, but know alot of people don't. So, here goes:
Post edited by Socair on

Replies

• AC/DC
    - Hell's Bells
    - Thunderstruck
    - You Shook Me All Night Long

Slipknot
    - Devil In I
    - Killpop
    - Sulfur
    - Left Behind

Guns N Roses
    - You Could Be Mine
    - Welcome To The Jungle

Motley Crue
    - Looks To Kill
    - Kickstart My Heart
    - Shout At The Devil

Metallica
    - Fuel
    - Sad But True
    - Battery

Megadeth
    - Symphony of Destruction
    - The Threat Is Real
    - Die Dead Enough

Pantera
    - Cowboys From Hell
    - The Art of Shredding
    - Drag The Waters

Dark Tranquility
    - Monochromatic Stains
    - Punish My Heaven

Iron Maiden
    - The Longest Day
    - Aces High
    - Fear Of The Dark

The Tragically Hip
    - My Music At Work
    - Blow At High Dough

The Tea Party
    - The River
    - Temptation

Boston
    - More Than A Feeling

Pearl Jam
    - Alive

Disturbed
    - Indestructible
    - Land Of Confusion

Marilyn Manson
    - The Beautiful People
    -mOBSCENE
    - Rock Is Dead

Rage Against The Machine
    - Killing In The Name
    - Wake Up

White Zombie
    - Dragula

Rammstein
    - Du Hast
    - Amerika

Avenged Sevenfold
    - Not Ready To Die
    - The Stage
    - Nightmare
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    I'd much rather have the custom playlist like with the previous generation.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    I'd much rather have the custom playlist like with the previous generation.

That goes for probably any and every user. But short of not being able to do that, this could be a suggestion page for you to use, or not use.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Yeah, true. You got a couple of good ones in there for sure.
  • NHL 19 Music...

Step 1: Go to Settings
    Step 2: Turn menu music off
    Step 3: Launch Spotify

First thing that's done every single year.
  • OH, I love these things B)

Thee Oh Sees - Tunnel Time

Gap Dream - Generator

Damaged Bug - The Mirror

Tee-Tahs - Okee Dokee

Ty Segall - You're the Doctor

The Spits - Come With Me

BRMC - High / Low

Motörhead - Motorhead
  • KidShowtime1867
    1449 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    If NHL19 doesn't include the ability to have custom music, I genuinely question the regression in an area(custom music) where the technology (Spotify, Plex, media player, etc) has progressed beyond belief.

• If NHL19 doesn't include the ability to have custom music, I genuinely question the regression in an area(custom music) where the technology (Spotify, Plex, media player, etc) has progressed beyond belief.

considering the licensing costs associated with big name artists and labels.... yep
  • Sinbin wrote: »

Yea I am always trying to figure out the song selection process by EA. Especially this year....
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

Yea I am always trying to figure out the song selection process by EA. Especially this year....

It was better than 17 at least. I suppose that's subjective though. I imagine some people loved the previous soundtrack. It doesn't really matter who's on the soundtrack though. When you hear the same songs repeated over and over again, most people are going to get sick of them pretty quick. It seems like it would be so much easier to just have an integration with a music service like mentioned previously. Like with most things though, nothing is as easy as it seems when it comes to software development.
  • If NHL19 doesn't include the ability to have custom music, I genuinely question the regression in an area(custom music) where the technology (Spotify, Plex, media player, etc) has progressed beyond belief.

considering the licensing costs associated with big name artists and labels.... yep

Right? Save some money - bring back generic background music and allow custom playlists.

Use that licensing money to pump some more important assets in to the game.
  • I think the NHL 18 music is good.I generaly enjoy the OST .So I think Ea should keep their soundtracks.However I prefer more Rock/Blues Rock/Stoner rock sounds but I am open minded to other music too.I agree it would be better to have custom playlists. Customizable everything in fact ! Menu waplapers , OST ,custom masks,custom helmets.Every person is unique and games should alow to let us celebrate this in our own way .It is simply more fun that way don't you think ?At least for me is.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Do the other sports games have custom playlist option?
  • I dont know.But do innovation minded people usually ask themselves whether other people/products have already the same idea/feature ? No...so I dont think your comment is valid in life in general :) If other sports game would have only one button control why limit NHL to only one button control ?right?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Do the other sports games have custom playlist option?

NHL 2000 to NHL 14.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    Sorry, I meant any of the current sports games released recently (this year).
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant any of the current sports games released recently (this year).

Forza
  • Masontcarr
    111 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Tighten Up - The Black Keys
    The Way You Used To Do - Queens Of The Stone Age
    When You Were Young - The Killers
    It's My Life - Talk Talk
    Shadow Of Your Love - Guns N' Roses
    The Rock Show - Blink-182
    Money Talks - AC/DC
    My Little RNR - Danko Jones
    Photograph - Def Leppard
    I Like To Rock - April Wine
    Jeremy - Pearl Jam
    Gotta Get Away - The Offspring
    Finale - Madeon.
    Post edited by Masontcarr on
  • Not sure how development goes with music, as far as the financial aspect of it, but ditch the soundtrack for just instrumental and use the money for actual game development please. Let us import music for use in create-a-team, goal songs and whatnot. For crying out loud 2k had that feature in 2004, and of course, MLB has it right now.
  • With MLB having this again now on current gen systems, I don't see why we can't get it back in the NHL series....not having the ability to do custom music is ridiculous at this point.