EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Network connection issue !!

Prev1
I played NHL 18 since it came out and never had this issue on all my nhls. When i try to play online it says Network connection issue . I went to ea.com/unable-to-connect , tried everything there nothing work , went trew forums did everything.. nothing work.

-Open port , restarting router ,ps4 ,modem ,restoring licenses , tried other EA games (all worked online) , using wire connection , took off security on Origin , Date/time change , try to connect to nhl 18 into my other ps4 (still network connection issue).

Dunno what to do.... Help pls

Replies

• Socair
    1830 posts Game Changer
    Hmm, given that you’ve tried all that stuff, you might want to try a reinstall. Delete the game data file and reinstall it. Might be a corrupted file. You won’t loose any saved data or HUT data, but you’ll have to recreate your EASHL player (progression will remain intact).

Let me know if that works.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • Its the only thing i didnt do..but i did try it on my other ps4 and it did have the same connection problem..
  • Socair
    1830 posts Game Changer
    Its the only thing i didnt do..but i did try it on my other ps4 and it did have the same connection problem..
    It didn’t help then I assume?
  • Socair
    1830 posts Game Changer
    edited May 2018
  • i reinstall Nhl and same thing...
    -Network connection issue
  • after spending 1 hour with a Ea Nhl18 tech

-hakam
    I’m afraid but as much as I’d like to help it seems rather impossible.
  • Socair
    1830 posts Game Changer
    Can you try making a sub account on your PS4 and creating a new EA account? See if it works that way. I know it’s not ideal, but I’m at a loss as to what the problem could be.
  • For that i need to buy another Nhl 18 ?
  • Socair
    1830 posts Game Changer
    No, just have your main PS plus account set as your primary account and any sub accounts will have online privileges and access to all your games.
  • I tried using a second account..and same thing Network Connection Issue..
  • EA_Roger
    1469 posts Community Manager
    Hey @Gringo125066 ,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are running into here. Since you've been through our support would you mind giving me the case number to see if there is any information there that would help out?

Roger.
  • My case number is 40930388

Please help..
  • MorningTimeCloud
    717 posts Senior Moderator
    @Gringo125066 What router do you have? The small chance that it's the same brand from the same ISP, there's a few things i can suggest you to try.
    - MorningTimeCloud, Senior EA Forum Moderator & Game Changer. Volunteer, not an EA employee.
  • Zyxel EMG2926 and im with Videotron and have hybrid fiber connection 120 mpbs..

Its only NHL18 that i cant play online..
  • MorningTimeCloud
    717 posts Senior Moderator
    Hmm, similar router to what i had but not exactly the same. Have you tried buying your own router? Most of the ISP provided ones in Canada are pretty bad unfortunately. I bought my own and haven't had any issues since. Worst case if you buy one and it doesn't work, you can just return it.

If you don't want to go that way, see if your ISP has a different model you can try out, If you rent the router which you probably do they will do it free no problem.
    - MorningTimeCloud, Senior EA Forum Moderator & Game Changer. Volunteer, not an EA employee.
  • I was wondering if you found something that works?

I'm in the exact situation as you, same router, same provider, same problem!

This is weird, it only does that with NHL 18! Everything else works!
  • Hi,

I bought NHL 18 in November 2017. Everything worked well, all online modes etc. Last week, I encountered the same issue, network connection issue. I tried all the troubleshooting steps, spent numerous hours with EA reps from India and still have the same problem. I have Videotron as my service provider as well. I guess that's the common denominator in this. Please help us. I don't it, it was working perfectly last week and since I bought it. What happened? Is there a fix?
  • I have 5 open cases with EA sports:

Please help. I've had all the NHL's and FIFA's since 2004. I love EA but this issue is really frustrating.
  • panzer75b
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Hey!
    I have had connection issues since 23.05 worked fine before that. I have tried everything Gringo 125066 tried to no avail. Funny thing is I can play one match then I have to restart the game, then I can play one more game. My psn username disappears from the matchup window if I try to play the second hut game resulting in the “failed to retrieve data error”. My friend can see my psn username though... Any ideas anyone?
    I have different provider, Get (Norway) router is Get-box 2. Everything is a ok except hut, cannot play two games in a row...
    Post edited by panzer75b on
  • Ok. I have the Network connection error as well. tried the unable to connect link. What is going on? Just want to play some puck.