EA Forums - Banner

Go back to P2P and drop the "dedicated servers"

Everyone hates these servers, they are extremely slow and it's almost impossible to get a good, smooth game. At this point, most players probably have better broadband than EA servers put out, so just get rid of the servers and move on. Cheaper for EA so they don't have to manage the servers, and a better experience for players because the servers EA has are terrible.

Replies

• Man I haven’t expierenced a bad game in a month or so. I just figured ea finally fixed it.
  • Socair
    2647 posts Game Changer
    edited May 2018
    We had P2P for EASHL in the past?! I had no idea that ever happened. Or do you mean we should just switch to P2P?
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    If HUT is any evidence, you do not want to go back to P2P. It's dismally bad in HUT, and that's just 1v1. Can't imagine how bad it'd be for 6v6.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Whatever servers they had years ago, before the next-gen system, use those. If the servers are too old, upgrade them. Plenty of other P2P games which does not have this issue. No excuse.
    Post edited by ExSnake01 on
  • Sixrohki
    56 posts Member
    Even if p2p is better, that opens the door to ip booting and lag switching.
  • RSall14
    597 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    If HUT is any evidence, you do not want to go back to P2P. It's dismally bad in HUT, and that's just 1v1. Can't imagine how bad it'd be for 6v6.

Me and 4 others messed around with OVP. I was the only West guy there. Our opponents were from QC and my connection played 1000 times better as opposed to dedicated East servers. It was 5v3 and I was running 40ms, usually I would get delay when playing East opponents but that wasn't the case this time. The person hosting the game was also East.
  • Sixrohki
    56 posts Member
    I always get 10 or under ping, I personally would hate this
  • RSall14
    597 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Sixrohki wrote: »
    I always get 10 or under ping, I personally would hate this

Where are you located? I run 13ms on West and 40ms on East, this is EASHL specific .
    Post edited by RSall14 on
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    RSall14 wrote: »

Me and 4 others messed around with OVP. I was the only West guy there. Our opponents were from QC and my connection played 1000 times better as opposed to dedicated East servers. It was 5v3 and I was running 40ms, usually I would get delay when playing East opponents but that wasn't the case this time. The person hosting the game was also East.

In VS/HUT, you have no idea who's hosting the game.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited May 2018

I honestly dont think it really matters. If one of the guys has a horrible connection, both players are going to suffer.

• RSall14
    597 posts Member

Everyone on my team was East except me and the other team had QC in their name. Safe to say they were East as well lol.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator

Everyone on my team was East except me and the other team had QC in their name. Safe to say they were East as well lol.

You're only going off of one game?
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    ExSnake01 wrote: »

I honestly dont think it really matters. If one of the guys has a horrible connection, both players are going to suffer.

Yes - although the person with the terrible connection, who's presumably used to playing with lag, will cope better. Regardless, this is why P2P is a bad choice, especially given this series' crappy matchmaking.
  • RSall14
    597 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    B-Bunny wrote: »

You're only going off of one game?

No, we played a couple more that night. I remember this team vividly compared to the others we played. P2P is probably not the answer but I just wanna play this game again without delay. They've had 3 games to figure this out and we still have no progress.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    Everyone hates these servers, they are extremely slow and it's almost impossible to get a good, smooth game. At this point, most players probably have better broadband than EA servers put out, so just get rid of the servers and move on. Cheaper for EA so they don't have to manage the servers, and a better experience for players because the servers EA has are terrible.

Horrible idea, although I get why you think otherwise.

Imagine if this were like COD, every single time the host quits, you would get a "migrating to new host" or whatever. Would be a nightmare seeing as 6vs6 usually finishes like 2vs1 or whatever. Point is, would be a nightmare for EASHL dropins, and certain club games if a host loses connection.