EA Forums - Banner

NHL19 not showcased @ E3 again...

Prev1
deadman9999
875 posts Member
edited June 2018
Another E3 another no spotlight on the NHL game for the upcoming season... I mean even NBA Live got some love again this year. It's like NHL game is.EA'S dirty little secret. This series needs to get back to the glory days where EA woutd show it off @ E3

Replies

• NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    How do you know this? Source?
  • Kuus2
    213 posts Member
    EA had their conference in their own pre-E3 event.

• It's sad. However, it was nice to see them confirm Madden 19 for PC. Hopefully this helps pave the way for NHL's return to PC at some point.
  • They’re waiting until the NHL Awards to announce it.
  • ryrypoli
    173 posts Member
    If they brought it to PC I'm sure their only motivating factor would be to suck up more HUT money.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Only thing I can think of is they dont want to be overshadowed by the other large titles there, so they do it at the nhl awards. But on the other hand, youd be getting way more exposure by doing it at e3 soooo. I guess that says enough about the state of the market and NHL. The other small sports games obviously werent shown either, ufc, golf.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Maybe they're finally taking our advice and there won't be in NHL 19. And they just are taking 2 years to develop NHL 20 lol
  • Please come to PC like Madden 19!! I don't believe it'll happen, but one can hope :).
  • If they aren’t showing off @ E3 that means they don’t have enough to show off with. Kinda scary with a few months remaining before release...
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1323 posts Member
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of is they dont want to be overshadowed by the other large titles there, so they do it at the nhl awards. But on the other hand, youd be getting way more exposure by doing it at e3 soooo. I guess that says enough about the state of the market and NHL. The other small sports games obviously werent shown either, ufc, golf.

Oh you mean large titles like C&C Rivals?

Not much chance of being overshadowed, that presentation was a mess. On the plus side, not getting mentioned there isn't necessarily a bad thing... EA's publicity department & management, yeah. That was really bad. Seems like they stumble from one blunder to another.
  • ExSnake01
    466 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Not much chance of being overshadowed, that presentation was a mess. On the plus side, not getting mentioned there isn't necessarily a bad thing... EA's publicity department & management, yeah. That was really bad. Seems like they stumble from one blunder to another.

C&C Rivals is a mobile F2P game. It will have all the microtransactions you could want.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1323 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah precisely. They used biggest portion of the presentation time for that 🎃🎃🎃🎃 didn't they?
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

That's kinda weird considering NHL game must generate over 60 million a year.
  • My confidence in the next NHL game is lower than usual. Typically we know a lot of info by now. Be worried. This isn't looking good.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Lol yeah, the conference wasnt exactly blowing people away so perhaps NHL not being there was a plus.

Forgive me for saying this, but there is no excuse for NHL to be taking a backseat to NBA Live at this point, especially considering that NBA Live just a few years ago was canceled...CANCELED!

So, therefore, to suggest that NBA is now ahead of NHL scares me to no end. And let me be clear, I still play NHL 18 and have all year and I am not saying NHL 18 is bad as others on here would and have; but if EA has made NBA Live more of a priority than NHL how positive are we supposed to be about future NHL games? Has Live made that big of a jump that it is a better game than NHL? Or has NHL stalled to a point where it has fallen behind NBA?

The real answer could be a topic in of itself. The true answer, in my opinion, is that EA has let NHL slip in quality and it has been a slow progression since David Littman left the team. And even then old forum members were saying fire Litty, how did that pay off for us? He has taken NBA Live and made it a respectable offering now whereas NHL has been lacking that next game enhancing feature for years now.

I look forward to NHL 19 as I look forward to all NHL offerings by EA because I am a hardcore hockey fan, and the game is pretty decent still. But there are still issues there that are issues in the series that have been there since the NHL 10 or NHL 11 days.

And it is not like we as community members have not pointed them out, the development team just hasn't found a fix for them yet, whether they have tried to or not I don't know. I would think so. But again for 6, 7, 8 years, it seems like the legacy issues may never be fixed. Which is a shame considering if these legacy issues were fixed the game would be much better off in the long run.

Sorry, this is so long, I just wanted to share my opinion on the state of the game. I have been a loyal buyer of this series and forum member for many years and have been pretty quiet on the issue, I feel like this game could be further along and I would love to offer up some ideas to the developers directly, to help that dream become a reality.

Forgive me for saying this, but there is no excuse for NHL to be taking a backseat to NBA Live at this point, especially considering that NBA Live just a few years ago was canceled...CANCELED!

So, therefore, to suggest that NBA is now ahead of NHL scares me to no end. And let me be clear, I still play NHL 18 and have all year and I am not saying NHL 18 is bad as others on here would and have; but if EA has made NBA Live more of a priority than NHL how positive are we supposed to be about future NHL games? Has Live made that big of a jump that it is a better game than NHL? Or has NHL stalled to a point where it has fallen behind NBA?

The real answer could be a topic in of itself. The true answer, in my opinion, is that EA has let NHL slip in quality and it has been a slow progression since David Littman left the team. And even then old forum members were saying fire Litty, how did that pay off for us? He has taken NBA Live and made it a respectable offering now whereas NHL has been lacking that next game enhancing feature for years now.

I look forward to NHL 19 as I look forward to all NHL offerings by EA because I am a hardcore hockey fan, and the game is pretty decent still. But there are still issues there that are issues in the series that have been there since the NHL 10 or NHL 11 days.

And it is not like we as community members have not pointed them out, the development team just hasn't found a fix for them yet, whether they have tried to or not I don't know. I would think so. But again for 6, 7, 8 years, it seems like the legacy issues may never be fixed. Which is a shame considering if these legacy issues were fixed the game would be much better off in the long run.

Sorry, this is so long, I just wanted to share my opinion on the state of the game. I have been a loyal buyer of this series and forum member for many years and have been pretty quiet on the issue, I feel like this game could be further along and I would love to offer up some ideas to the developers directly, to help that dream become a reality.

Good point. But when someone's decision to make playable mascotts and chewable mouthguards a priority over game fixes, this is what happens. Fixing issues probably won't sell more copies, but apparently mouthguards will....
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018

In my opinion it just shows they understand the value of the market that nba can provide over nhl. They can make the best nhl game ever and have it side by side to a mediocre nba game and still have nba outsell nhl. Hopefully times change and hockey gains more traction as people get tired of the crap thats been going on in the nba lately.
  • deadman9999
    875 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes we understand that hockey compared to all other main spots is low on the viewership but with NHL being the THIRD Longest running sports series in EA this series deserves to be shown off at E3, The NHL awards I wanna see awards not video game announcements, E3 is for Games
    Post edited by deadman9999 on
  • Yes we understand that hockey compared to all other main spots is low on the viewership but with NHL being the Second Longest running series in EA only behind Madden this series deserves to be shown off at E3, The NHL awards I wanna see awards not video game announcements, E3 is for Games

Not that I'm justifying why EA chose not to showcase NHL this year, but EA has been producing NBA titles longer than NHL titles. Their first was "Celtics vs. Lakers" in 1989. The only reason I can recall this is because I remember being jealous that EA hadn't made a hockey game yet.

As far as EA not showcasing NHL 19, I'm at the point where it wouldn't matter to me if they did or not. I've bought every NHL game since the Intellivision days of the early 80's and I'll keep on buying them simply because I love hockey. I play almost strictly offline franchise and thats good enough for me. I get my $60 worth every year.