EA Forums - Banner

NHL19 not showcased @ E3 again...

2Next

Replies

• Maybe NBA Live gets the presentation because simply because there is a competition in the basketball video game market.
  • Maybe NBA Live gets the presentation because simply because there is a competition in the basketball video game market.

I have to agree. EA knows it has its audience, give or take a few thousand copies. They aren't going to put the money into the game to give it the refresh that it needs, and even if they did, it won't sell millions, they'll keep hovering around the same number they do every year and they'll keep putting in the same minimal effort.

NBA, on the other hand, is a market they are trying to get back into. NBA Live has been doing pretty poorly I believe (who knows since EA doesn't release sales numbers for these games, at least as far as I know), but NBA 2K sells a lot, and EA wants to steal that market. It makes sense, on the surface, but EA doesn't realize that NBA 2K sells so much because of the incredible amount of work and detail put into the 2K games. They want the market share but don't want to put forth any of the work to win it. I feel bad for you NBA fans if that league ever decides to sell an exclusive license for video games like the NFL did.
  • Last year we got a mini teaser trailer on the 7th. Would be nice to see a little teaser before the awards again.
    This game needs a big year and good gameplay again. There's just too many games that are way better taking up people's gaming time.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    They did this last year too. The NHL Awards show is when we really started getting some info. Why show it all off now when they have their target audience paying attention at an NHL specific event?
  • As much as I hate EA and the latests versions of NHL over the last few years, I think that some awesome things are coming... Expect frostbite engine, PC version of the game and I'd bet 5 bucks for some improvements in the EASHL customization and Be A Pro as a story like Madden and FIFA. EA don't disapoint me this year, this is your last chance... after this one i'm out for good!
  • Follisimo
    1029 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    They did this last year too. The NHL Awards show is when we really started getting some info. Why show it all off now when they have their target audience paying attention at an NHL specific event?

While I don't believe they need to show it off at E3 I do feel that EA should tell people during the conference of their sports games check out the NHL Awards for details about the upcoming game. It at least needs plugged a tiny bit

• I have a hard time believing there is more of a NHL 19 audience at the NHL awards then there would be at E3.

I have never in my life watched an NHL awards and I can't imagine many of you here have or at least sat through the entire show.

I watched the whole EA live stream for E3 just hoping for some type of news on NHL 19. Poor decision who ever it is making that choice. The community is getting anxious to hear what they have been working on and all we get is crickets.

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »

While I don't believe they need to show it off at E3 I do feel that EA should tell people during the conference of their sports games check out the NHL Awards for details about the upcoming game. It at least needs plugged a tiny bit

They can't since it hasn't been officially announced. I agree something should be said though. E3 is a huge event. With nothing being said I can see why people would be skeptical.
  • Either one of two things could be happening,(A)they could be switching to the frostbite engine and they fell behind big time or( B)shutting down for a year and put out a great product.Seems as though they would had announced if they were suspending the game.Might be a delay so hopefully we find out soon.I'm a NHL game guy but I want a great product so delaying it to make it better i'm good with.
  • BassMan_PC
    352 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    It really is silly that NHL does not have a presence at E3. How does EA expect to expand the player base by showing the game at the NHL Awards? Not many people watch the awards and most are hockey people that are probably going to buy the game anyway. They should be finding ways to get other gamers excited about the game. That is what E3 is all about.

Sadly, I think it is more of a deal with the NHL to try to get more people to watch the awards.
  • We know one thing for sure:

TPS is still in the game, as well as Seamless Puck Pickups.

Which means it really can’t improve much from 15-18.
  • 19redwing
    34 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Not really interested in 19 if it's not switched over to Frostbite.It'll be the same exact product as the past 5 or 6 games.Invest in this game in order to gain more,or turn the reins over to a company that wants to make a great game.
    Post edited by 19redwing on