EA Forums - Banner

When you quit mid-game in EASHL, but your team ends up winning, you don't get a loss.

Why am I bringing this up?

Because it makes for a HUGE incentive for a human goalie to quit (and as early as possible) when their team is down and facing another human goalie. The more time time on the clock, the bigger chance the team with the CPU goalie will have to come back and win the game.

Obviously I don't feel like I have to explain why having a human goalie vs a CPU goalie is such a disadvantage so I won't get into it.

Anyways, this happened for the 100th (at least) time just moments ago. We we're up 3-0 in the first 10 minutes of the game, and their snowflake goalie quit. You can guess what happened next. Hint: We lost 6-4.

The goalie knew that continuing in the game as is will have like a 10% chance to come back and get a win (need to get 4 goals to win, and more if allowing more), and 90% chance of a loss.

But by quitting at that time, the goalie conveniently can play another game right away, at the headache for the remaining 11 players, but more importantly has a solid 30-40% chance that the team will now have a CPU goalie and be able to win the game, making that game not count on the goalie's record.

Sure if you quit you 100% won't get a win, but your chances of having this game voided (no loss) is now 30-40%. I'd take that trade, and OBVIOUSLY many do, as goalies quitting is like the #1 thing ruining EASHL.

I understand the point of having this, but its not well thought out and flawed. I get that it's not fair to punish someone who's on the winning team that happens to disconnect, but is not the right solution.

EA, seriously fix this for NHL 19. Either by having a 30 second mid-game volunteer vote (costing a time out if available) for the G position in case the goalie quits/disconnects, or the losing goalie gets a loss in a game they don't finish regardless if their team wins or loses.

Replies

  • kapitanron wrote: »
    Why am I bringing this up?

    Because it makes for a HUGE incentive for a human goalie to quit (and as early as possible) when their team is down and facing another human goalie. The more time time on the clock, the bigger chance the team with the CPU goalie will have to come back and win the game.

    Obviously I don't feel like I have to explain why having a human goalie vs a CPU goalie is such a disadvantage so I won't get into it.

    Anyways, this happened for the 100th (at least) time just moments ago. We we're up 3-0 in the first 10 minutes of the game, and their snowflake goalie quit. You can guess what happened next. Hint: We lost 6-4.

    The goalie knew that continuing in the game as is will have like a 10% chance to come back and get a win (need to get 4 goals to win, and more if allowing more), and 90% chance of a loss.

    But by quitting at that time, the goalie conveniently can play another game right away, at the headache for the remaining 11 players, but more importantly has a solid 30-40% chance that the team will now have a CPU goalie and be able to win the game, making that game not count on the goalie's record.

    Sure if you quit you 100% won't get a win, but your chances of having this game voided (no loss) is now 30-40%. I'd take that trade, and OBVIOUSLY many do, as goalies quitting is like the #1 thing ruining EASHL.

    I understand the point of having this, but its not well thought out and flawed. I get that it's not fair to punish someone who's on the winning team that happens to disconnect, but is not the right solution.

    EA, seriously fix this for NHL 19. Either by having a 30 second mid-game volunteer vote (costing a time out if available) for the G position in case the goalie quits/disconnects, or the losing goalie gets a loss in a game they don't finish regardless if their team wins or loses.

    Waste of time and resources. You really think a goalie cares if he gets the win or not in dropins?? the answer is no, he couldn't care less.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    kapitanron wrote: »
    Why am I bringing this up?

    Because it makes for a HUGE incentive for a human goalie to quit (and as early as possible) when their team is down and facing another human goalie. The more time time on the clock, the bigger chance the team with the CPU goalie will have to come back and win the game.

    Obviously I don't feel like I have to explain why having a human goalie vs a CPU goalie is such a disadvantage so I won't get into it.

    Anyways, this happened for the 100th (at least) time just moments ago. We we're up 3-0 in the first 10 minutes of the game, and their snowflake goalie quit. You can guess what happened next. Hint: We lost 6-4.

    The goalie knew that continuing in the game as is will have like a 10% chance to come back and get a win (need to get 4 goals to win, and more if allowing more), and 90% chance of a loss.

    But by quitting at that time, the goalie conveniently can play another game right away, at the headache for the remaining 11 players, but more importantly has a solid 30-40% chance that the team will now have a CPU goalie and be able to win the game, making that game not count on the goalie's record.

    Sure if you quit you 100% won't get a win, but your chances of having this game voided (no loss) is now 30-40%. I'd take that trade, and OBVIOUSLY many do, as goalies quitting is like the #1 thing ruining EASHL.

    I understand the point of having this, but its not well thought out and flawed. I get that it's not fair to punish someone who's on the winning team that happens to disconnect, but is not the right solution.

    EA, seriously fix this for NHL 19. Either by having a 30 second mid-game volunteer vote (costing a time out if available) for the G position in case the goalie quits/disconnects, or the losing goalie gets a loss in a game they don't finish regardless if their team wins or loses.

    Waste of time and resources. You really think a goalie cares if he gets the win or not in dropins?? the answer is no, he couldn't care less.

    To further drive this point, nobody cares about dropins or their record in dropins. Skaters or goalies. Im not oppossed to giving people a timer to queue up after so many disconnects or quits in a row though.
    PSN: B-Bunny
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.