EA Forums - Banner

Today is the day

Prev13
NLucaj31
153 posts Member
Today is the day we find out what’s going to be in NHL 19!!

Anyone else excited??

Replies

• B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Or the day we just get a trailer lol
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • vmx2014
    54 posts Member

NLucaj31 wrote: »
    Today is the day we find out what’s going to be in NHL 19!!

Anyone else excited??

How many times have we been excited and got nothing but cut and paste? Fingers crossed but not holding my breath

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Not going to lie, I've been jonesing for weeks about getting a console again (even bought one which I later returned out of guilt) ... was so hyped knowing NHL 19 is just around the corner but after watching some of that terrible gameplay and the loop glitch at esport really brought me back down to earth.

Tonight's vid will feature nothing but I'm looking forward to any dev diaries Ben and Co release in the next couple weeks.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Not going to lie, I've been jonesing for weeks about getting a console again (even bought one which I later returned out of guilt) ... was so hyped knowing NHL 19 is just around the corner but after watching some of that terrible gameplay and the loop glitch at esport really brought me back down to earth.

Tonight's vid will feature nothing but I'm looking forward to any dev diaries Ben and Co release in the next couple weeks.

The blogs is where the good stuff is at
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Unfortunately it's been a very long time since there was any "good stuff"
  • Imma dissect the crap out of the trailer. Got nothing but free time today
  • NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    These are my speculations of what will be in the trailer.

Winter Classic: Yes
    Frostbite: No
    Pond Hockey/1vs1: Yes
    5 man celebrations: Yes
    GM connected: No
    Release Date: Late August. I’m saying late August because NBA Live is releasing in early September so it would make sense.

Post edited by NLucaj31 on
  • NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    Imma dissect the crap out of the trailer. Got nothing but free time today

I’m with you my brother. I will be doing the same. I hope work flys by for me today. It’s going to be an exciting drive home from work today. Can’t wait until 8pm!!!
  • I am so looking forward to tonight, it should be fun. I am not going to dissect the trailer, I am going to be more focused on the feature set that is expected to drop. I want to see what they have added.
  • NLucaj31 wrote: »

I’m with you my brother. I will be doing the same. I hope work flys by for me today. It’s going to be an exciting drive home from work today. Can’t wait until 8pm!!!

Your enthusiasm brings a smile to this old man.
  • kezz123
    591 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Funny cause just around before NHL 16 came out I was in your exact shoes. I kept debating buying a xbox one for NHL and eventually did and sold it right back out of guilt. Then I bought another one later and I hated NHL and havent really played since. So its just a massive dust pile.

So my advice, if you are debating purchasing for hockey purposes....dont. if you are planning to play other stuff ( i do my other gaming on the PC), then sure...why not.

As far as the trailer and other reveals go....it doesnt matter what they show, you are pre-disposed to convince yourself it will be good because you want it to be good. So logic is not a factor in this case so dont go with what you think is logic.
  • NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    NLucaj31 wrote: »

Your enthusiasm brings a smile to this old man.

Well I’m happy I could do that to someone. Just do me a favor and pass that smile around the NHL gaming community and we should all be thankful we have a hockey game. It could be worst, we could not have an NHL game at all.
    And you mentioned the word “old” lol. I will be 35 in a couple weeks. Are you older then me?
  • @kezz123 while you have the right to be disappointed with the game, I would suggest that maybe you could try to let others enjoy tonight's reveal because there are those who still like the game despite its faults. I replied to a post last week or the week before explaining my gripes with the series, you can check out my replies and should be able to find it pretty quickly if you want. But today is a day some of us, including myself, have been waiting for so maybe let us enjoy it. Save any complaints for tomorrow or whatever. :)
  • Well, I just checked EAs official FB page and this forum seems like a pretty peaceful place to me now :)
  • NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    Well, I just checked EAs official FB page and this forum seems like a pretty peaceful place to me now :)

Cool, I hope you stay! Are u gonna watch the awards tonight?
  • djneohockey
    721 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Yay, looks that the NHL 19 features have been already leaked. You can't hide anything these days Lol

I will. :)
  • NLucaj31
    153 posts Member
    Leaked???? Oh no! Please don’t say anything. It will ruin my whole night!!
  • Yay, looks that the NHL 19 features have been already leaked. You can't hide anything these days Lol

I will. :)

Sorry but you can't make this claim without providing a link.
  • And get banned again? :)
    OS is full of it for example.
  • kezz123
    591 posts Member
    @kezz123 while you have the right to be disappointed with the game, I would suggest that maybe you could try to let others enjoy tonight's reveal because there are those who still like the game despite its faults. I replied to a post last week or the week before explaining my gripes with the series, you can check out my replies and should be able to find it pretty quickly if you want. But today is a day some of us, including myself, have been waiting for so maybe let us enjoy it. Save any complaints for tomorrow or whatever. :)

Im looking forward to it too. Just have low expectation (experience) and it doesnt really change how I feel and how I felt after buying an xbox 1 for this series.