EA Forums - Banner

Today is the day

Replies

• B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Please dont post unconfirmed leaks on the forums here.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • oh, well that is interesting

;)
  • kezz123
    591 posts Member
    Welp that was disappointing.
    Unconfirmed leak deleted may as well be confirmed now. Plus the language used and the specifics such as techs all work out quite perfectly and seem too far fetch to be user created.

So ill assume it was a real leak for now.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

We do this all day, speculating about the next NHL19.. why cant I post something that I found about the game ? it may be false, but we could talk about it anyway?
  • Yes we can, but just whisper Lol
  • kezz123
    591 posts Member
    Ilkeyath wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

We do this all day, speculating about the next NHL19.. why cant I post something that I found about the game ? it may be false, but we could talk about it anyway?
    Because when its false, it generates conversation that those who are in on can laugh about and shrug off.
    But when its real, its frustrating that we get to know early and ruin the surprise. Psychology 101

• kezz123 wrote: »
    @kezz123 while you have the right to be disappointed with the game, I would suggest that maybe you could try to let others enjoy tonight's reveal because there are those who still like the game despite its faults. I replied to a post last week or the week before explaining my gripes with the series, you can check out my replies and should be able to find it pretty quickly if you want. But today is a day some of us, including myself, have been waiting for so maybe let us enjoy it. Save any complaints for tomorrow or whatever. :)

Im looking forward to it too. Just have low expectation (experience) and it doesnt really change how I feel and how I felt after buying an xbox 1 for this series.

Fair enough, I think we are on the same boat.

• B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018

Speculating thoughts is fine, but spreading unconfirmed information as truth as the article leads you to believe isnt going to be allowed.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

Speculating thoughts is fine, but spreading unconfirmed information as truth as the article leads you to believe isnt going to be allowed.

Plus no one has time for unconfirmed hogwash anyway. I've seen things too and it looks like a load of garbage in my opinion.
  • Very underwhelming feature list over at OS. The possible skating and hitting changes are the only things that are interesting at all. It remains to be seen what those changes are and if they are enough to make the game even remotely playable online. No mention of server upgrades or removal of TPS and/or SPPs, so not holding my breath. I have a feeling this may be the last NHL game of the franchise.
    “If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe.” - Nikola Tesla

• Very underwhelming feature list over at OS. The possible skating and hitting changes are the only things that are interesting at all. It remains to be seen what those changes are and if they are enough to make the game even remotely playable online. No mention of server upgrades or removal of TPS and/or SPPs, so not holding my breath. I have a feeling this may be the last NHL game of the franchise.

From what I have seen, I call rubbish on that being real. That and Matt Bertz of GameInformer seemed pretty excited to talk about the game. I doubt that would be exciting to him.
  • kezz123
    591 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    a
    Very underwhelming feature list over at OS. The possible skating and hitting changes are the only things that are interesting at all. It remains to be seen what those changes are and if they are enough to make the game even remotely playable online. No mention of server upgrades or removal of TPS and/or SPPs, so not holding my breath. I have a feeling this may be the last NHL game of the franchise.

From what I have seen, I call rubbish on that being real. That and Matt Bertz of GameInformer seemed pretty excited to talk about the game. I doubt that would be exciting to him.

Didnt they call the new tech the most revolutionary thing in the series this gen? why wouldnt someone be excited about talking about that?
  • NLucaj31 wrote: »
    And you mentioned the word “old” lol. I will be 35 in a couple weeks. Are you older then me?

I wonder what the average age of us die hards are? I mean the players still playing a few times a night and actually get excited still for the new game. The guys I play with are all 33+ and so many guys I run into in drop-in (that are not trolls) are 35+.

Are we all old and senile searching for the highs of yester-year?? lol

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    kezz123 wrote: »
    a
    Very underwhelming feature list over at OS. The possible skating and hitting changes are the only things that are interesting at all. It remains to be seen what those changes are and if they are enough to make the game even remotely playable online. No mention of server upgrades or removal of TPS and/or SPPs, so not holding my breath. I have a feeling this may be the last NHL game of the franchise.

Didnt they call the new tech the most revolutionary thing in the series this gen? why wouldnt someone be excited about talking about that?

Exactly. This sounds like something the community has been asking for. I'm more excited to hear about this than anything else.
  • I'm hoping they announce a beta date. We could be under a month away from actually getting to play it.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Workin_OT wrote: »
    I'm hoping they announce a beta date. We could be under a month away from actually getting to play it.

It's been pretty consistent every year at the same time. Don't expect that to change.
  • RSall14
    579 posts Member
    I'm hoping they announce a beta date. We could be under a month away from actually getting to play it.

Probably mid to late July.
  • I just got home!! Can’t wait until the awards!!! 1 hour and 20 minutes to be exact!!!! I’m gonna be playing NHL 18 until then. See you all on the dance floor!!

• RSall14 wrote: »
    I'm hop
    ing they announce a beta date. We could be under a month away from actually getting to play it.

Late July/early August going by previous dates I guess. Little over a month away. There better still be a d4mn beta haha.
  • RSall14
    579 posts Member
    RSall14 wrote: »
    I'm hop
    ing they announce a beta date. We could be under a month away from actually getting to play it.

Late July/early August going by previous dates I guess. Little over a month away. There better still be a d4mn beta haha.

There is a beta don't worry lol. Late July/ early August like you said.