EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Trailer reaction

Replies

• B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    battlegoon wrote: »
    Woooooo! You listened to my ideas from 3-4 years ago with the pond hockey and free-4-all return!

Gear to grind for? Yes please.

Better skating and puck pickups is huge. I’d love to see how these actually play

I’m excited as hell, thank you. Finally have a reason to get back into this game

Can any gamechangers say anything about how eashl is going to work? Do we still have arena/jersey customization or is it all played outside with our ODR gear?

Also, do we still have 3 on 3 EASHL?

Everythings still there. Club play with still be professional attire and everything. Dropins will be a little more different :)
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Curious where the guys who have been hating on TPS for years are?

Finally get a new skating system and I don't see em!

Cautiously awaiting for Fatman lag.

You give me a good skating engine when I'm placed on the wrong server then I'll give credit where it's due. The skating is fine offline in NHL 18.

Until I see it in the full game and not just beta then I'll give credit where it is due. A small zoomed in clip won't change my mind when they've been doing that nonsense for the past decade.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    Curious where the guys who have been hating on TPS for years are?

Finally get a new skating system and I don't see em!

Pretty sure this trailer didn't show a lick of this new skating engine. It looked exactly like NHL 18 with a pond mode

You are not paying attention. Watch it again and hopefully you'll notice how different it is.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    kezz123 wrote: »

Personally I am happy that people are negative. Its about time that people start acting like customers again instead of cash cows.

You're here often enough to know that people are negative all the time on these forums. It would be good to see people act more constructive if anything.
  • kezz123
    653 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Sinbin wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

Personally I am happy that people are negative. Its about time that people start acting like customers again instead of cash cows.

You're here often enough to know that people are negative all the time on these forums. It would be good to see people act more constructive if anything.

negative and constructive are 2 separate entities.

you can be positive and constructive. You can be negative and constructive and vice versa.

I take this backlash as a sign of people's trust in EA being harmed over the last few years. Thats the lesson EA needs to absorb too.

There is also a big difference between: your game is good but this and that sucks you need to balance it
    and
    Your whole game is terrible.

people always voice concerns on forums, true. But we are way beyond concerns now. Even the guys who use to defend EA the most (COG and workinOT are no longer doing much of this anymore.

• I am positive that last year we were told by one of the higher ups here that there might be some exciting news about goalies before NHL 18 was released. Then he said, I guess they didn't have time to implement it this year. Now, here we are a full year later and I have yet to see any mention of goalies getting any love. They need a complete overhaul more than we need a 1vs1vs1 mode or pond hockey. What is the use of any off this stuff if the goalies are all carbon copies of each other who all allow the same moves to score on them? It would also be nice if they had some sort of ability to spot tendencies and adjust the AI on the fly based on how people are playing. I know I am asking too much.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    nickels55 wrote: »
    I am positive that last year we were told by one of the higher ups here that there might be some exciting news about goalies before NHL 18 was released. Then he said, I guess they didn't have time to implement it this year. Now, here we are a full year later and I have yet to see any mention of goalies getting any love. They need a complete overhaul more than we need a 1vs1vs1 mode or pond hockey. What is the use of any off this stuff if the goalies are all carbon copies of each other who all allow the same moves to score on them? It would also be nice if they had some sort of ability to spot tendencies and adjust the AI on the fly based on how people are playing. I know I am asking too much.

Nah, I think goalies need a lot of love. That stupid cover up animation bothers me so much as well.
  • Cautiously optimistic. Any chance we'll see a beta? Curious to see if the netcode issues are addressed this year. If they crossed off skating issues, all they have to work on for next year is overhauling goalies. Im hoping this one reignites my love of the series.
  • nickels55 wrote: »
    It would also be nice if they had some sort of ability to spot tendencies and adjust the AI on the fly based on how people are playing. I know I am asking too much.
    Remember the commercial where guy skates up the RW (with Ovie was it?), cuts in and snipes while saying "la la la". Tries the same play again and the puck gets poked loose and he goes "hmmm". Third time comes down the wing and gets absolutely leveled and was like "what the...."
    I think it was being sold as AI learning. I remember that like Anticipation AI. Both gone but never forgotten. Cant see why they cant implement that with goalies as well.
  • Bear with me cause there very well may get super long... What I've seen with this trailer and read majority comments all over on different sites I was amazed how many say "Oh looks like BAP got no love" Honestly of course they didn't show BAP in the trailer and focused the trailer on whats a new mode... Now I"m truly waiting to see what the next few weeks bring an also the final out come is cause like a lot of you guys I'm extremely disappointed with what comes out do to the fact that a lot of what gets added of betters the game vanishes...

Moving on... With what we've seen over the years such as the props added I dunno why they added them cause they just sit up and really have no purpose other than being never seen unless you pause and look up at the arena ceiling... I'm shocked by that cause they added props I believe a few years ago and they actually had a purpose in the game... I seen the octopus in Detroit being used... the shark head in San Jose... they still have them in 18 but they don't get used...

Moving on... I really wanna see what the creation to players has been cause it's a huge lacking department as it's just a blob of heads and what not... I've been saying why don't they finally bring in sliders and let us go to work on actually building a face to what we look like or want to make our player look like instead of trying to sift through a bunch of heads that are really lackluster and just so plain... also I think it'd be neat to take a page from MLB the show and let us adjust or overwrite a players face that looks nothing like them cause it's truly shocking how many of these players look nothing like their actual selves...

Moving on... Somewhat sticking to creation but player equipment... This part needs to be looked at big time... I think they need to honestly let us free roam with colors to gloves and what not... It's amazing how you try to make the players gloves look like their actual gloves only to see that you don't have that option... Goalies... This ones huge... A majority of NHL goalies are starting to use custom designed pads and it's annoying cause obviously we have no ability option to even try to make his pads look nearly like what he wears... Also the ones we can edit to what a players wearing is not always fully editable as sometimes the full pad colors sometime are not even editable...

Moving On... Majority of you know me as Roster edit guy or Jersey guy... And yes over the years this has been a HUGE problem with either jerseys being the wrong color or something incorrect on them that get overseen... I posted a majority and was amazed that it went throughout the entire year as not even being fixed... And the players... It was truly amazing to see all the mistakes and like I've suggested for offline just let us fully customize our rosters without all the stuff locked...

Moving on... Fair play and so on... Glitch goals has been there for as far as I can remember and last years demo I noticed that the defense actually played the man instead of giving you that option to attempted those glitch goals... Now what happened and I really REALLY hat this is EA seemed to bring it back... They say they didn't but they mistakenly did and how?... I've seen over the years the EA NHL community comment constantly on issues within this game... A majority of us on here and all over... What I have seen and it's sad is at least to me these forums get overseen as part of a big say... how do you say? I've seen numerous times example the glitch goals which seemed to be somewhat fixed and less in the 18 demo and early stages of 18 were harder to attempt cause of that better defense causing those who use the glitch to win to actually have to use skill to win against their opponent... This sadly got messed up due to people complaining it was to hard to score now... What happened and did we see?... It started to look like after each patch or fix that our AI got more dumber and dumber causing the glitch goals to come back cause out defense wouldn't play that guy...

Moving on... Goal Net... I was excited when they had the net come off the moorings... felt like an actual more realistic game of hockey only to see it vanish... I was told it was cause players or goalies would knock it off on purpose... I suggested a easy fix to that and actually use real life penalties for that punishment... if you constantly want to troll and act idiotic then was we've seen with players not moving you get kicked so EA has that ability to kick you from the game so why not start adding this to trolling...

Moving On... Trolling... We've all seen these and like I said they have the ability to kick so why not bring this in?... There is no way should I see mistakenly my own teammates score on us more than once a game... A mistake in a deflection off your stick, skate, or jersey sure but not when you're skating towards me only to score on me more than once... Also if you're a goalie out of position on purpose or constantly skating to centre ice just to mess up your team well a simple kick should be the final outcome...

Moving On... Drop Ins... I seen someone say this has changed and I truly hope they did not bring back custom lobbies... But if they did I hope they did it right... Lobbies in the passed was so messed up and filled with boosters it totally made online just unplayable and really killed it... If lobbies came back I truly hope they turned player levels off cause if not it's gonna kill online this year as seeing you're gonna see low levels set up against boosted players who are already fully leveled after a month...

• Can anyone please tell me if you can play EASHL/drop ins with OUTDOOR hockey (pond hockey) ive seen stuff about how you can use your player traits and ect... for it but nothing saying that you can play online eashl outdoors can someone please confirm this? and show proof if you can... please and Thank you
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    Can anyone please tell me if you can play EASHL/drop ins with OUTDOOR hockey (pond hockey) ive seen stuff about how you can use your player traits and ect... for it but nothing saying that you can play online eashl outdoors can someone please confirm this? and show proof if you can... please and Thank you

Only dropins
    nickels55 wrote: »
    I am positive that last year we were told by one of the higher ups here that there might be some exciting news about goalies before NHL 18 was released. Then he said, I guess they didn't have time to implement it this year. Now, here we are a full year later and I have yet to see any mention of goalies getting any love. They need a complete overhaul more than we need a 1vs1vs1 mode or pond hockey. What is the use of any off this stuff if the goalies are all carbon copies of each other who all allow the same moves to score on them? It would also be nice if they had some sort of ability to spot tendencies and adjust the AI on the fly based on how people are playing. I know I am asking too much.

Nah, I think goalies need a lot of love. That stupid cover up animation bothers me so much as well.

almost everything about current goalies needs work, some things more than others. Need to make goalies better, needed to make skating better especially when playing defense and trying to face the puck (if they haven't fixed that another major failure) they need to improve pass breakups/interceptions when facing the puck... then defense will be how it should and you can stop worrying that offense is over powered.
  • Bear with me cause there very well may get super long... What I've seen with this trailer and read majority comments all over on different sites I was amazed how many say "Oh looks like BAP got no love" Honestly of course they didn't show BAP in the trailer and focused the trailer on whats a new mode... Now I"m truly waiting to see what the next few weeks bring an also the final out come is cause like a lot of you guys I'm extremely disappointed with what comes out do to the fact that a lot of what gets added of betters the game vanishes...

Moving on... With what we've seen over the years such as the props added I dunno why they added them cause they just sit up and really have no purpose other than being never seen unless you pause and look up at the arena ceiling... I'm shocked by that cause they added props I believe a few years ago and they actually had a purpose in the game... I seen the octopus in Detroit being used... the shark head in San Jose... they still have them in 18 but they don't get used...

Moving on... I really wanna see what the creation to players has been cause it's a huge lacking department as it's just a blob of heads and what not... I've been saying why don't they finally bring in sliders and let us go to work on actually building a face to what we look like or want to make our player look like instead of trying to sift through a bunch of heads that are really lackluster and just so plain... also I think it'd be neat to take a page from MLB the show and let us adjust or overwrite a players face that looks nothing like them cause it's truly shocking how many of these players look nothing like their actual selves...

Moving on... Somewhat sticking to creation but player equipment... This part needs to be looked at big time... I think they need to honestly let us free roam with colors to gloves and what not... It's amazing how you try to make the players gloves look like their actual gloves only to see that you don't have that option... Goalies... This ones huge... A majority of NHL goalies are starting to use custom designed pads and it's annoying cause obviously we have no ability option to even try to make his pads look nearly like what he wears... Also the ones we can edit to what a players wearing is not always fully editable as sometimes the full pad colors sometime are not even editable...

Moving On... Majority of you know me as Roster edit guy or Jersey guy... And yes over the years this has been a HUGE problem with either jerseys being the wrong color or something incorrect on them that get overseen... I posted a majority and was amazed that it went throughout the entire year as not even being fixed... And the players... It was truly amazing to see all the mistakes and like I've suggested for offline just let us fully customize our rosters without all the stuff locked...

Moving on... Fair play and so on... Glitch goals has been there for as far as I can remember and last years demo I noticed that the defense actually played the man instead of giving you that option to attempted those glitch goals... Now what happened and I really REALLY hat this is EA seemed to bring it back... They say they didn't but they mistakenly did and how?... I've seen over the years the EA NHL community comment constantly on issues within this game... A majority of us on here and all over... What I have seen and it's sad is at least to me these forums get overseen as part of a big say... how do you say? I've seen numerous times example the glitch goals which seemed to be somewhat fixed and less in the 18 demo and early stages of 18 were harder to attempt cause of that better defense causing those who use the glitch to win to actually have to use skill to win against their opponent... This sadly got messed up due to people complaining it was to hard to score now... What happened and did we see?... It started to look like after each patch or fix that our AI got more dumber and dumber causing the glitch goals to come back cause out defense wouldn't play that guy...

Moving on... Goal Net... I was excited when they had the net come off the moorings... felt like an actual more realistic game of hockey only to see it vanish... I was told it was cause players or goalies would knock it off on purpose... I suggested a easy fix to that and actually use real life penalties for that punishment... if you constantly want to troll and act idiotic then was we've seen with players not moving you get kicked so EA has that ability to kick you from the game so why not start adding this to trolling...

Moving On... Trolling... We've all seen these and like I said they have the ability to kick so why not bring this in?... There is no way should I see mistakenly my own teammates score on us more than once a game... A mistake in a deflection off your stick, skate, or jersey sure but not when you're skating towards me only to score on me more than once... Also if you're a goalie out of position on purpose or constantly skating to centre ice just to mess up your team well a simple kick should be the final outcome...

Moving On... Drop Ins... I seen someone say this has changed and I truly hope they did not bring back custom lobbies... But if they did I hope they did it right... Lobbies in the passed was so messed up and filled with boosters it totally made online just unplayable and really killed it... If lobbies came back I truly hope they turned player levels off cause if not it's gonna kill online this year as seeing you're gonna see low levels set up against boosted players who are already fully leveled after a month...

Fantastic post. I agree with a majority of what you said. I think it needed to be said since I hope it encourages more posts to be constructive and meaningful like this. :smile:
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me if you can play EASHL/drop ins with OUTDOOR hockey (pond hockey) ive seen stuff about how you can use your player traits and ect... for it but nothing saying that you can play online eashl outdoors can someone please confirm this? and show proof if you can... please and Thank you

Only dropins

Honestly I don't like that they added this to drop ins. We get 160 players in drop ins on PS4 on most nights and its split between 3's and 6's. Now we have to share even more with pond hockey? There will never again be a full human drop in game
  • MDubz83 wrote: »
    Honestly I don't like that they added this to drop ins. We get 160 players in drop ins on PS4 on most nights and its split between 3's and 6's. Now we have to share even more with pond hockey? There will never again be a full human drop in game

I'm under the impression the only added mode is 1v1v1.

EASHL 3s
    EASHL 6s
    Pond Dropin 3s
    Pond Dropin 6s
    1v1v1

The only difference is dropins ste now pond like a game of pickup.

Only dropins

so we can play outdoors online drop ins? like 6v6 outdoors ?
  • can you play drop ins Online in outdoors pond? like 6v6 pond? and i also saw Sean said clothing does not translate to eashl meaning drop ins we cant use our outfits? please if you could answer both questions thank you so much!
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Looks good to me, Not sure what everyone expected. But the fact they have addressed the skating engine some, makes me satisfied.

you hold EA with low expectations and for that reason is why this game hasn't improved. If you put NHL on a spectrum compared to every sports release (MLB the show, UFC, Madden, FIFA, NBA Live, NBA 2k etc.) NHL would be a caveman on that spectrum while everybody else is in the 21st century. Still have 360 style graphics on a next gen console. They added pond hockey when that was in NHL 2k almost 10 years ago. They are finally getting around to doing a new skating mechanics after the last ones were soooooo good let me tell you. Instead of doing NHL 3s last year they should've done the skating mechanics last year. I have 0 confidence in the development team or EA even the backlash the trailer is getting from all social media plats including the forums will show this game will be buried in due time. Even NHL 18s sales were garbage.

you must be new around, tell me how this game makes leaps and bounds year after ?

want me to break out the sales numbers for the last 4 games? You want to look and see how the overall community feels? You see how long it takes to find games now because nobody plays it? If it’s making leaps and bounds people would be buying the game. You and like 2 other people are the only people that defend the game when Majority are tired of EA and the lack of progression in the series. Don’t believe me?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/1009600374209064961

Majority of the feedback on the initial release trailer is negative, it’s not like I’m here spreading this rare message that nobody thinks of. You can go back and look on their twitter even when NHL 18 was released and the overall community feedback.

If this game was worth anything it wouldn’t of been in the Bargain bin 3 months after release
    You must not understand what I said, this game doesnt change that much year to year but more or less every 3 years. I dont know what you expect. 18 IMO is hands down the best game to date.

Compare 16 to 18 huge difference, If you want NHL to come out every 2-3 years let me give you an idea. BUy the game every other year.

As for sales and feedback Bf5 got negative reviews because a female was in the trailer. Does a female break the game? F NO.

Nowadays SJW's complain, complain and complain some more. Its funny I read this article the other day, 50% of millennial's parent pay their bills. Think about that for second, it shows the entitlement they have and how they have gotted spoiled rotten, to get what they want right now, its a me, me, me, attitude. And these forums are no different.

For you for some reason you think your getting ground breaking gamechanging changes. But tell me any other year where this philosophy happened.

The biggest issue for the gameplay was the skating, and low and behold the skating engine was what EA addressed.

You must unlearn what you have learned!

Everythings still there. Club play with still be professional attire and everything. Dropins will be a little more different :)

Can you expand on this please? How is drop-in different? Tell me we are not forced on a pond in clown gear?