EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Trailer reaction

Replies

• B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    rcompton78 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Everythings still there. Club play with still be professional attire and everything. Dropins will be a little more different :)

Can you expand on this please? How is drop-in different? Tell me we are not forced on a pond in clown gear?

Dropin is the same as you know it, except its on the outdoor rink and everyone will be wearing casual gear instead of team uniforms. Same goes for the 1v1v1 mode.

The point they wanted to drive was that drop ins were like showing up for a pick-up hockey game. These guys on your team aren't in some league with team jerseys and everything ready to go, it's like going to the park and playing in jeans and hoodies. So you'll have casual gear. If you want to play with real jerseys and in stadiums that will be saved for organized EASHL - as it'll be for real teams looking to advance in the leaderboards.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

Personally I am happy that people are negative. Its about time that people start acting like customers again instead of cash cows.

You're here often enough to know that people are negative all the time on these forums. It would be good to see people act more constructive if anything.

negative and constructive are 2 separate entities.

you can be positive and constructive. You can be negative and constructive and vice versa.

I take this backlash as a sign of people's trust in EA being harmed over the last few years. Thats the lesson EA needs to absorb too.

There is also a big difference between: your game is good but this and that sucks you need to balance it
    and
    Your whole game is terrible.

people always voice concerns on forums, true. But we are way beyond concerns now. Even the guys who use to defend EA the most (COG and workinOT are no longer doing much of this anymore.

You're right. I should have said that differently. A lot of people here tend to be negative without being constructive. Many blanket statements that the game is terrible without saying why or just saying it sucks because a 2 minute trailer doesn't give all the details. I'm just saying that if people want to make a bigger impact on the future of the series, they'll provide constructive criticism instead of just talking trash because it's cool to hate on EA.
  • does anyone know if theres crowd chants? crowd buuing ? practice mode in franchise mode/eashl club/ be a pro?
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Curious where the guys who have been hating on TPS for years are?

Finally get a new skating system and I don't see em!

For real dude most of the people on this forum just hate because they don't know any other way. The guy who started this thread seems like he wouldn't be happy no matter what EA announced.

I for one am happy that they're finally making the skating and puck pickups more responsive. It's really what kept me from playing the game much the past 2 years.
  • usahawkey wrote: »
    Tonyfereli wrote: »
    There is also a released blog with some more features announced: https://www.easports.com/nhl/features
    In NHL® 19, play on outdoor rinks and journey from the ponds to the pros in new and returning game modes.
    The game mode literally no one asked for.
    Compete with and against 200 of the greatest hockey legends to ever hit the ice, highlighted by Wayne Gretzky.
    That's gonna be another 'who cares?' for me.
    Powered by cutting-edge new gameplay technology, experience explosive-edge skating that delivers more acceleration, speed and responsiveness.
    We aren't going to show any footage of it, and this isn't the first time we've said this, but you can totally take our word for it this time.
    For the first time in franchise history, step onto the pond and compete in the EA SPORTS Hockey League, NHL THREES, Play Now and the brand new modes NHL ONES and Pro-Am. In NHL ONES, you and two other players compete in a 1v1v1 free-for-all gauntlet. Showcase your skills and creativity with no rules, no stoppages, and no limits.
    1v1v1? Like three nets? Is there a touch-up system like pickup basketball? Why not just play, like, normal North American ice hockey? I guess that's asking a lot from an NHL game, though.
    With RPM Tech, Explosive-edge skating enables more control over how you generate speed using edge-work and crossovers. With all new animations, you'll experience more responsiveness in acceleration, high-speed skating, and pin-point turns.
    Take my word for it! That'll be $60.
    Stand out on the ice with over 900 customization options from authentic NHL apparel to pond hockey lifestyle clothing from some of the biggest brands in sports. Express yourself like never before with thousands of combinations of fresh looks. Stay up to date with the latest NHL® 19 news and never miss out on gear for your avatar.
    ...but it'll cost you ;)
    Play with or against over 200 hockey legends spanning 100 years of NHL history and build your dream team. Superstars of today's game playing alongside historical figures of past seasons is a defining factor of one hockey.
    Yeah, you said that.

Seven bullet points, three of which are the same, one of which is a thinly-veiled hint to microtransactions.
    I think I'll pass on this one.

Let me show you how dumb you're being:

First off... showing "footage" of a new skating engine can only do so much and I'm some cases can completely fly over the head of the audience because it's a subtle change VISUALLY. Skating changes are more something to be felt... not seen. You will have your beta to test it out for yourself.

Second... they literally said the visual customization through their "hockey bag" system will not require microtransactions at all. None. It's a completely random system that rewards you with items after you gain enough XP to level up. But assuming things is easy, eh? I get it.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    usahawkey wrote: »
    There is also a released blog with some more features announced: https://www.easports.com/nhl/features
    In NHL® 19, play on outdoor rinks and journey from the ponds to the pros in new and returning game modes.
    Compete with and against 200 of the greatest hockey legends to ever hit the ice, highlighted by Wayne Gretzky.
    Powered by cutting-edge new gameplay technology, experience explosive-edge skating that delivers more acceleration, speed and responsiveness.
    We aren't going to show any footage of it, and this isn't the first time we've said this, but you can totally take our word for it this time.
    For the first time in franchise history, step onto the pond and compete in the EA SPORTS Hockey League, NHL THREES, Play Now and the brand new modes NHL ONES and Pro-Am. In NHL ONES, you and two other players compete in a 1v1v1 free-for-all gauntlet. Showcase your skills and creativity with no rules, no stoppages, and no limits.
    1v1v1? Like three nets? Is there a touch-up system like pickup basketball? Why not just play, like, normal North American ice hockey? I guess that's asking a lot from an NHL game, though.
    With RPM Tech, Explosive-edge skating enables more control over how you generate speed using edge-work and crossovers. With all new animations, you'll experience more responsiveness in acceleration, high-speed skating, and pin-point turns.
    Stand out on the ice with over 900 customization options from authentic NHL apparel to pond hockey lifestyle clothing from some of the biggest brands in sports. Express yourself like never before with thousands of combinations of fresh looks. Stay up to date with the latest NHL® 19 news and never miss out on gear for your avatar.
    ...but it'll cost you ;)
    Play with or against over 200 hockey legends spanning 100 years of NHL history and build your dream team. Superstars of today's game playing alongside historical figures of past seasons is a defining factor of one hockey.
    Yeah, you said that.

Seven bullet points, three of which are the same, one of which is a thinly-veiled hint to microtransactions.

First off... showing "footage" of a new skating engine can only do so much and I'm some cases can completely fly over the head of the audience because it's a subtle change VISUALLY. Skating changes are more something to be felt... not seen. You will have your beta to test it out for yourself.

Second... they literally said the visual customization through their "hockey bag" system will not require microtransactions at all. None. It's a completely random system that rewards you with items after you gain enough XP to level up. But assuming things is easy, eh? I get it.

It won't require microtransactions or there isn't microtransactions? It sounds like you can earn the hockey bag currency, but I haven't seen anything that suggests that you can't buy hockey bags with real dollars. Basically if you can buy hockey bags with real cash, then there are microtransactions.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    JTechGP wrote: »
    Santini3 wrote: »
    ...but it'll cost you ;)
    Yeah, you said that.

It won't require microtransactions or there isn't microtransactions? It sounds like you can earn the hockey bag currency, but I haven't seen anything that suggests that you can't buy hockey bags with real dollars. Basically if you can buy hockey bags with real cash, then there are microtransactions.
    It’s already been stated a few times that the “hockey bags” will not be monetized.
  • Socair wrote: »
    ...but it'll cost you ;)
    Yeah, you said that.

It’s already been stated a few times that the “hockey bags” will not be monetized.

I haven't seen anything that says that, do you have a link?
  • JTechGP wrote: »
    Socair wrote: »
    ...but it'll cost you ;)
    Yeah, you said that.

I haven't seen anything that says that, do you have a link?

B-Bunny has already said it many times.

It's also in the Game Informer article.
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »