EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Trailer reaction

Replies

• it’s an insult to real hockey fans intelligence when you have simple things like being chased out of the faceoff circle (which 2K did almost 10 years ago and it’s still not in NHL) and it’s also a big part of hockey with penalties now on face offs,

I d k this is kind of a pointless thing though. Yeah it adds to realism, but it would be more of a detriment. Keep in mind when I comment on stuff it comes from someone who purely plays online EASHL. Haven't touched another mode in this game since like '11 or '12. But speaking from an online play standpoint, I would never want this. It'll just slow the game down. It's VERY easily troll-able.

I would, however, be happy with the option to simply let a winger take a faceoff, if our C is struggling.

I think a big problem everyone is having is the split between offline and online users. I follow games, read about games and the gaming industry. My job has a lot of downtime so I spend most of my days reading articles. This is just the nature of the gaming world we live in. Publishers need to decide where to invest resources constantly. Should a game have an amazing campaign? Or should it have great multiplayer? Most publishers lean to the side of multiplayer, since its replay-ability is so much higher(and of course MTX). I'm sure the problem is compounded within the sport game world. Since they produce new games annually. Which means even less time to work on either or aspect of their product. EANHL seems like it wants to keep both sides up without letting the other fall too far behind. The progress is slow going. Honestly, this is just the way it is until that changes, with either sports games going annual subscription or as a service

• Because if you’ve played hockey from youth all the way up into Highschool and some college like I have, it’s an insult to real hockey fans intelligence

sorry but this is not a valid argument, I also played hockey from youth to college, and still coach a team... and I do not share the same opinion with you... just because someone does not have the same opinion as you does not mean
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    WeirdViper wrote: »

Because if you’ve played hockey from youth all the way up into Highschool and some college like I have, it’s an insult to real hockey fans intelligence

sorry but this is not a valid argument, I also played hockey from youth to college, and still coach a team... and I do not share the same opinion with you... just because someone does not have the same opinion as you does not mean

Same
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    JTechGP wrote: »
    Because if you’ve played hockey from youth all the way up into Highschool and some college like I have, it’s an insult to real hockey fans intelligence when you have simple things like being chased out of the faceoff circle (which 2K did almost 10 years ago and it’s still not in NHL) and it’s also a big part of hockey with penalties now on face offs, they had an extra year of development because in 2014 there were no NHL next gen games that was NHL 15 and we all know how that ended up (no draft in GM mode, no online team play, no sim in be a pro, etc.) and all the games recently have had little if not barely any updates. Most of the updates were cosmetic or strictly towards EASHL which is a dying breed now due to the horrible servers EA has and Fat man lag along with other poorly executed animations etc. made the game almost unenjoyable. NHL 3s was cool for like 10 minutes until I realized I have NHL Hitz that’s far more better than that mode all together. Be a pro lacks any depth or innavation, Be a GM lacks any relevance compared to the other AAA sports titles like NBA 2K, Madden, Fifa etc.

I feel like the game changers failed us because they are our lifeline because EA clearly doesn’t communicate with their fans, it’s evident on forums and their social media platforms unless it’s a question agout HUT. Remember a few years ago when EA came on forums saying they would be more “interactive” with fans. Then they see a little destructive criticism and they wallow in their shells until the next release. Instead of the game changers pressing the Devs and asking the real questions or asking about real features it seems like EA picks the “yes men” instead of people who actually want this series to go in the right direction.

We have been lied to as fans and customers numerous times and there’s no trust from the customers to EA NHL wing.

GM connected has been a HIGHLY fan favorited mode to bring back, over pond hockey and literally every other mode but yet, it’s still “not in the game”. Pond hockey will probably be fun for the first 3 months if that until people see the flaws with the game especially with new skating animations? Cause the last ones were so flawless I swear it seems like not even every 5 years we are changing the skating because the last one sucked and wasn’t good.

If you could get kicked out of faceoffs, it would be horribly abused. People would do it just to drag out games.

Each year there have been big changes. Cosmetics probably got the least amount of work. Unless you're talking about arenas for EASHL. Still, if you think that's the biggest change in the last few years, you just haven't been playing.

I don't lag so I haven't had the same issues as you. EASHL has been very enjoyable.

You said it perfectly... destructive criticism. Communication is a 2 way road. People need to be constructive. You can see what happens when they are. Ben was fantastic here, but he also faces a lot of backlash and just ends up repeating himself. I imagine he's got better things to do than constantly say the same things over and over again when people just keep being critical without being constructive.

Where are the numerous lies? They said they would be more transparent and communicate more. They were at first, but with how toxic this community can be, it's not a surprise they aren't around much. I still don't see this as being a lie and I can't think of anything else that were lies. Can you give me some examples?
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Kicking guys out of the FaceOff circle for cheating should absolutely be in this game by now. I hate it when guys do the up down up down garbage at the draw to throw you off and make you jump early and ruin your own timing. It happens way too much and there should be a penalty for it like there is in real life
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    Kicking guys out of the FaceOff circle for cheating should absolutely be in this game by now. I hate it when guys do the up down up down garbage at the draw to throw you off and make you jump early and ruin your own timing. It happens way too much and there should be a penalty for it like there is in real life

It just needs to work right. I don't want to deal with someone that keeps getting kicked out just to troll. What would be good is if you get kicked out, a computer takes the faceoff for you and pretty much always loses.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

It just needs to work right. I don't want to deal with someone that keeps getting kicked out just to troll. What would be good is if you get kicked out, a computer takes the faceoff for you and pretty much always loses.

I feel like this is something that should not come into the game until they figure out how to make it work right... its a complicated thing to try to program, and if they just put it in for the sake of it without having everything worked out... people will just complain about it
  • Sinbin wrote: »

It would still drag out the game. That is the real concern. Someone who would do it at every single face off because they're losing 6-0 and don't want to quit. There are some things that are in real hockey that aren't needed, like four officials on the ice, and being thrown out of faceoffs.
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    Being thrown out of FaceOffs can easily work in this game. After the first guy gets thrown out, make it so he can only try to win the face off on his forehand so the other user has an advantage like in real life. The second guy who comes in is worried about the possibility of a penalty so they usually concede the draw by doing as little as possible. If the second guy jumps up and down even when he's the second man in, then instead of a penalty just automatically have the puck get won back by the other team. It could be so simple.
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

It would still drag out the game. That is the real concern. Someone who would do it at every single face off because they're losing 6-0 and don't want to quit. There are some things that are in real hockey that aren't needed, like four officials on the ice, and being thrown out of faceoffs.

Yup less worthless clutter should mean more stable fps and such.
  • agreed, i never noticed the refs much until there were 4 of them cluttering up the ice, they serve no purpose in competitive online play. i also agree that getting kicked out of faceoffs will cause nothing but grief and they should focus their energy elsewhere.
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    People who don't care about the FaceOffs and think it will just cause more grief obviously don't play Center in EASHL
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    People who don't care about the FaceOffs and think it will just cause more grief obviously don't play Center in EASHL

Club games in EASHL are different. I don't see it being spammed as much since you don't see people troll them so often. Drop ins, HUT and Online Versus is where this could be a big issue.
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    edited June 2018

Ya I play center in EASHL and it would cause more grief. Trust me when I say this it would. When a game is about to end and we are winning we intentionally dump the puck over the boards and then before the face-off happens we pause the game and let it run out just to dig it in that much more. So trust me it would be abused because I would be doing it in games winning just to taunt. Also many others do the same thing of pausing late in the game just to rub it in that much more.

Club games in EASHL are different. I don't see it being spammed as much since you don't see people troll them so often. Drop ins, HUT and Online Versus is where this could be a big issue.

You have played in LG and know many of these people would do these things also.
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    How does pausing the game rub it in? Smart people use their pause for their time out in the last couple mins of the third
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Follisimo wrote: »

Ya I play center in EASHL and it would cause more grief. Trust me when I say this it would. When a game is about to end and we are winning we intentionally dump the puck over the boards and then before the face-off happens we pause the game and let it run out just to dig it in that much more. So trust me it would be abused because I would be doing it in games winning just to taunt. Also many others do the same thing of pausing late in the game just to rub it in that much more.

You have played in LG and know many of these people would do these things also.

I think the chances of it being abused in LG are really slim though.
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member

How does pausing the game rub it in? Smart people use their pause for their time out in the last couple mins of the third

You know when you are losing a game say 5-1 and you just want it to be over already? Well we like to pause it to extend the game. Trust me it generates heat from the messages people send. And it happens even more if you know the people on the other side.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Follisimo wrote: »

You know when you are losing a game say 5-1 and you just want it to be over already? Well we like to pause it to extend the game. Trust me it generates heat from the messages people send. And it happens even more if you know the people on the other side.

You get 1 pause for 30 seconds. I get that people can freak out over losing 30 seconds of their life, but I think I could deal with that. If a team is so mad about losing that they need to pause for 30 seconds and delay getting out of that game even faster, that's fine with me. They can enjoy the loss for that much longer then :)
  • Follisimo wrote: »

That is the dumbest ish I have ever heard. You also have to wait out the pause.. Are you OK man?
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    Another favorite is to pause the game just before the puck is dropping in face-off, so might get to win at least one face-off.

Or when the other team is losing and starts a mass fight just before the game ends just for the heck of it, or in the hopes the game will desynch or not count (not sure which really). There are all sorts out there, and this is club games too. Classy.