I feel bad for anybody that buys this.
  • BSDShoes wrote: »

I feel bad for people who feel the need to say things like this. <3
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    BSDShoes wrote: »

Why? I assume you think 19 is going to be bad, but why do you think so?
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    People who don't care about the FaceOffs and think it will just cause more grief obviously don't play Center in EASHL

Club games in EASHL are different. I don't see it being spammed as much since you don't see people troll them so often. Drop ins, HUT and Online Versus is where this could be a big issue.
    How does pausing the game rub it in? Smart people use their pause for their time out in the last couple mins of the third

You know when you are losing a game say 5-1 and you just want it to be over already? Well we like to pause it to extend the game. Trust me it generates heat from the messages people send. And it happens even more if you know the people on the other side.

You get 1 pause for 30 seconds. I get that people can freak out over losing 30 seconds of their life, but I think I could deal with that. If a team is so mad about losing that they need to pause for 30 seconds and delay getting out of that game even faster, that's fine with me. They can enjoy the loss for that much longer then :)

Crud I totally reread what I had said and I meant it like this....
    The winning team does the pause to make the losing team live with it a little bit longer.

@Frtspoon And usually the 6 of us are having a good laugh at it. I know it's a terrible terrible thing.

But I'd assume with NHL 19 people will want to finish out there games to level up and get the hockey bags for cosmetics and such.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    Why not at least wait for the demo/beta and full list of features before all that doom and gloom?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    Why not at least wait for the demo/beta and full list of features before all that doom and gloom?

you expect people to be patient and reasonable?
  • WeirdViper wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

you expect people to be patient and reasonable?

Screw that. I just went out and bought a 55inch 4k TV, Xbox X, and a 2-4 of Sleeman. Let's do this thing!
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    People who don't care about the FaceOffs and think it will just cause more grief obviously don't play Center in EASHL

Club games in EASHL are different. I don't see it being spammed as much since you don't see people troll them so often. Drop ins, HUT and Online Versus is where this could be a big issue.
    How does pausing the game rub it in? Smart people use their pause for their time out in the last couple mins of the third

You know when you are losing a game say 5-1 and you just want it to be over already? Well we like to pause it to extend the game. Trust me it generates heat from the messages people send. And it happens even more if you know the people on the other side.

You get 1 pause for 30 seconds. I get that people can freak out over losing 30 seconds of their life, but I think I could deal with that. If a team is so mad about losing that they need to pause for 30 seconds and delay getting out of that game even faster, that's fine with me. They can enjoy the loss for that much longer then :)

Crud I totally reread what I had said and I meant it like this....
    The winning team does the pause to make the losing team live with it a little bit longer.

@Frtspoon And usually the 6 of us are having a good laugh at it. I know it's a terrible terrible thing.

But I'd assume with NHL 19 people will want to finish out there games to level up and get the hockey bags for cosmetics and such.

Gotcha. That makes more sense :)
  • Recommendations for NHL Franchise mode 2020

1. Add player attributes that are known prior to making a pitch (this can help users better plan how they approach the FA market)
    -loyalty to current team
    -family
    -hometown
    -Depending on age, success, etc, players can have different goals I.e win now, or rebuild is ok,etc basically more in depth negotiations

These traits can effect FA signings, and could allow a hometown team to steal a FA for a lower price instead of just going to the highest bidder

2. Add in franchise milestones as a stat page. It would be cool to see if your drafted player becomes the franchise leader in points, goals, playoff wins, etc

3. Scouting (I’ve heard they’ve addressed this...we’ll see how it pans out) I like the idea of players having potential but the overall is undetermined. Also having a fluctuating potential would be cool too. I know it can go down but it would be cool if a player does better than expected and jumps In potential and overall.

4. Coaching Staff AHL and NHL (this can effect the development of your players) I.e maybe you can target weak points of a skilled wingers game to - get his D stats up. Or at least try to. There can be an algorithm to have it be random success or failure but at least you should be able to try. Plus maybe players would perform better or worse under different coaches or offensive and defensive coaches.

5. Development camp. See who slots well next to each other, maybe a surprise line works more than you’d think. Maybe your new FA winger doesn’t work out as you’d think either...

6. Control Ice time. I get the whole 1-4 lines and special teams. BUT sometimes players get mad when they’re a “1C” and they’re getting “2C” minutes. But what if you’re playing both lines for even-ish minutes

7. More Stanley Cup celebrations. Every player takes a lap with the cup. Nothing bugs me more than the often time 3C that takes up almost the whole time with the cup in the video. Or maybe you make your preselections of the 3 players you’d most like to see with the cup. It sucks when a vet who hasn’t won their whole career and you don’t even see them take a lap
    8 with the cup
    Maybe a parade. I get it would be hard with all the cities in the game, so maybe the celebration in the arena with all the players in shorts, ball caps and their jerseys. And saving the names/stats of your Stanley Cup roster

8. Opening night roster presentation. I get it would be hard to announce all those names of players 15 years down the line but they have the nicknames and maybe there’s another workaround.

9. I wish there was another way to feel more involved with the roster. Like they’re more than words on a page, etc. like practice videos, coach emails with updates about the progress reports. Training, etc.

That’s all for now
  • All leagues in Franchise mode and BAP would be nice