EA Forums - Banner

It's not just pond hockey

Prev13
Sinbin
1331 posts Member
There are so many comments about 19 being just pond hockey. Read the Game Informer article and then see if you feel the same: https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/06/20/six-changes-that-make-nhl-19-the-most-promising-hockey-game-of-the-generation. It's sounding very promising if you wanted gameplay changes.

Replies

• B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    I'm just waiting for the first wave of reactions to pass before people actually see what else is changed before I bother with responding to stuff on here lol. If you only saw the trailer and think THATS the game, then...
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • @B-Bunny Is Club Practice In or Not
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Sixrohki wrote: »
    @B-Bunny Is Club Practice In or Not

If it wasn't announced or in the trailer I can't talk about it.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

Is pond 1v1v1 offline or online only?
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Is pond 1v1v1 offline or online only?

It's definitely online. Not sure if offline.

Pro-am is offline mode with challenges to complete. I don't believe that has 1v1v1 but I could be wrong.
  • Not gonna lie, the pond hockey with street gear looks neat but I think they missed the mark making it only 1v1v1 ... would be great if you could play 3v3 and 5v5 in your street gear as well.
  • I'm pretty sure that " If it wasn't announced or in the trailer" probably means at 95% that it simply does not exist period!!!

If a company announces a game under 3 months of it coming out and still are not committing to the fans what is included as features because "they can't talk about it" It really means, it is not in...

That is just logic! Why would a company hide or deliberately omits speaking / confirming features in a game not even 3 months prior of it coming out if they were in ?

I for one, would deliver every confirmed features, options, modes that I am sure of being in the game as early as possible so I could profit on per-orders and at the same time satisfy my fan base whom would buy the game for those said features confirmed no matter what these are.

3 reasons why they wouldn't speak about details as of now.

#1 - it does not exist and won't be in the game. At least in this year edition.
    #2 - They are waiting to see the reaction of people after the trailer and feedback from fans that have multiple questions about what is in or what they wish would be in the game and make final changes, additions that are not really complicated so they could keep "us" people who actually provide their salaries by buying the game somewhat happy.
    #3 - Keep everything quiet as much as they can to prevent fan ranting for the next 3 months in which it could further hurt the sales even before the game is out.

MONEY rules the world and EA is no different then anybody else in the business.

It's never about "us" it's always about "them" at the end. Never forget that! But hey!! everybody needs a job right ? No matter who they work for.

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    I'm pretty sure that " If it wasn't announced or in the trailer" probably means at 95% that it simply does not exist period!!!

If a company announces a game under 3 months of it coming out and still are not committing to the fans what is included as features because "they can't talk about it" It really means, it is not in...

That is just logic! Why would a company hide or deliberately omits speaking / confirming features in a game not even 3 months prior of it coming out if they were in ?

I for one, would deliver every confirmed features, options, modes that I am sure of being in the game as early as possible so I could profit on per-orders and at the same time satisfy my fan base whom would buy the game for those said features confirmed no matter what these are.

#2 - They are waiting to see the reaction of people after the trailer and feedback from fans that have multiple questions about what is in or what they wish would be in the game and make final changes, additions that are not really complicated so they could keep "us" people who actually provide their salaries by buying the game somewhat happy.
    #3 - Keep everything quiet as much as they can to prevent fan ranting for the next 3 months in which it could further hurt the sales even before the game is out.

It's never about "us" it's always about "them" at the end. Never forget that! But hey!! everybody needs a job right ? No matter who they work for.

They don't talk about everything due to marketing. Most companies will trickle out information up to release. It's engaging and generates hype rather than giving everything out at once and then having a few months of basically nothing.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that " If it wasn't announced or in the trailer" probably means at 95% that it simply does not exist period!!!

They don't talk about everything due to marketing. Most companies will trickle out information up to release. It's engaging and generates hype rather than giving everything out at once and then having a few months of basically nothing.

exactly lol... you release it all now and theres buzz and talk for a bit then it dies out... you do the initial limited trailer, and slowly send out info over the summer... keeps the game in peoples mind its marketing 101
  • FSX_PinkFatLady
    22 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Well If they would tell me that there is this and that 3 months prior to the game and that I am very happy about these features, modes...why would my buzz go down ?. It be the exact opposite. Not knowing at all what is coming is just speculations until they reveal or not those said things.

Give me everything I want now knowing that they are facts...I'll frikin buy the super deluxe special unlimited and whatnot edition. Don't tell me everything you know as for a fact that they will be in the game or not creates doubts, I'll probably don't preorder or even buy the game. Why ? Because , everything fans expect to be in the game is usually 80% out of it anyways.

You should all know this by today after all the crap we've seen since ps4 era began.

I'm not an expert in marketing but one thing is for sure. 80$ is coming of our pockets, not theirs. So knowing what I pay or will pay for, is and always will be my way. Not last minute, week before OMG suprise!! it's not in or whatever.

Can't stop people from buying stuff year after year after year and after year hoping for some mega big changes. They will come in the next gen or when EA decides that hockey is worth investing in for the ones that make their living and put food on their tables. That's how I see it because that is what we are presented with year after year.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and tastes are unjustifiable as we are all different.

My only hope for this year is that they fix the input lags that exist in the different kinds of online modes. And that has been a problem since ps4 versions came to be.

The last year I played a ps3 version, I think it was 2013 or 14, I was #1 center in points in the world according to the rankings in the game. That lasted for about 2 months until I stopped putting in a lot of games per day. Then came the ps4 versions. I went from being a very talented player to breaking my controller because of the stupid input lag we are suffering for the past 4 years and I'm not the only one thinking the same.

Fix the existent problems and then think about adding new stuff. Plain and simple. And one last thing, bring the game to PC for god sake's!! LOLLL!!

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • MDubz83
    152 posts Member
    I'm just waiting for the first wave of reactions to pass before people actually see what else is changed before I bother with responding to stuff on here lol. If you only saw the trailer and think THATS the game, then...

Usually you post all the new stuff in your debut trailer for people to see and judge on. Instead, they showed nothing but another new game mode that will be fun for a week and told us nothing about the actual game play improvements. After reading that article though, thus new skating engine is sounding 100% what I've been screaming for, and I really hope they post a video soon showing it off because other than that I felt so let down today
  • JTechGP
    33 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    There are so many comments about 19 being just pond hockey. Read the Game Informer article and then see if you feel the same: https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/06/20/six-changes-that-make-nhl-19-the-most-promising-hockey-game-of-the-generation. It's sounding very promising if you wanted gameplay changes.

The only promising thing from this article is the scouting, but that only scratches the surface for the fixes needed with Franchise mode. It just lacks any kind of depth, the scouting is a great start but it needs a lot more.

The World of CHEL just looks and sounds ridiculous, I don't see any part of that as appealing.

3's was terrible so they doubled down and made 1's.

Improved gameplay sounds great, but if I have no interest in the game modes what good does it do?

• JTechGP wrote: »
    The only promising thing from this article is the scouting, but that only scratches the surface for the fixes needed with Franchise mode. It just lacks any kind of depth, the scouting is a great start but it needs a lot more.

it was the FIRST bit of info we have, you are making a huge assumption the only change to franchise was scouting
  • kezz123
    600 posts Member

Im optimistic.

TPS being replaced was my #1 (by far) priority
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

Mr. Bunny it's June 21st, it's their job to inform players about what they are in for this year not ours. If they can't handle it. If they don't bother showing all the new added content then why is anyone mad about the reactions. You could also announce the game 3 days before release as well if you aren't going to show what has been really changed. But don't forget to put 5-man celebrations in second trailer in a row and then not put it in the game. For me you are just a bunch of liers. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator

Mr. Bunny it's June 21st, it's their job to inform players about what they are in for this year not ours. If they can't handle it. If they don't bother showing all the new added content then why is anyone mad about the reactions. You could also announce the game 3 days before release as well if you aren't going to show what has been really changed. But don't forget to put 5-man celebrations in second trailer in a row and then not put it in the game. For me you are just a bunch of liers. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good thing theres a few months left before the game is out and not 3 days, so they have plenty of time to release the other information.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    MDubz83 wrote: »

Usually you post all the new stuff in your debut trailer for people to see and judge on. Instead, they showed nothing but another new game mode that will be fun for a week and told us nothing about the actual game play improvements. After reading that article though, thus new skating engine is sounding 100% what I've been screaming for, and I really hope they post a video soon showing it off because other than that I felt so let down today

Yeah, I guess if you wanted to show the flashy stuff the gear is the stuff to show....but I wouldve loved to see more of the skating and hitting in the trailer so people had a better initial impression of that. From what I understand they will be diving into the details of stuff like that as we progress through the summer.
  • WeirdViper wrote: »
    JTechGP wrote: »

it was the FIRST bit of info we have, you are making a huge assumption the only change to franchise was scouting

I am just frustrated with this series, every year I get excited for this game and for the last few years I have been hugely disappointed, NHL14 was the last NHL game I actually enjoyed playing. I was looking for something to get excited about from this trailer and the subsequent info of the game, and there has no nothing so far that makes me want to get this game, and so far it looks like I am going to be disappointed again.
  • @B-Bunny please tell me that the height and weight parameters arent ridiculous.

Like, will two way d be forced to be 6ft2 minimum again? Or can we go lower towards 5ft10
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018
    I dont know of the exact parameters set in place, I just know they are there to keep the integrity of the builds still in check. Im sure itll be touched up upon as the summer progresses.