EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

EA, Thanks for doing nothing for BE A PRO again, do you listen to feedback?

13Next

Replies

• JTechGP wrote: »
    OMG.... :D

EA just released a short trailer that shows a bit of the new skating engine and pond hockey and you all go off on your high horses freaking out that this or that is not in the game..... In case none of you have noticed, skating is used in all the game modes, so yea, I think it is a major improvement if it works as advertised.

Relax and wait until the full feature list is released, then complain if there is missing something you want. :*

I forget which article it was but one of the articles that came out right after the trailer was released stated that there wasn't any major changes to the Be a Pro mode. Yeah they updated the skating, but that wasn't the major issue with Be a Pro, things like progression and training were much bigger issues. So if they don't fix those issues, improved skating doesn't mean anything because I won't want to play the game.

Well that depends on your definition of "major changes" and that applies to the person writing the article.

The point is, you have not seen EA state anything yet about other modes. Wait and see, period. Will you be disappointed? Very possible. Do you no for sure? No.

And sorry to say, skating was the major issue of every game mode. That is not to say other modes didn't have more issues as well.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Froommey wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    More people play EASHL and HUT than any other mode. There have been a lot more people asking for new skating than BAP updates. It would be great to get a story mode and enhancements to BAP, but you can't say EA isn't listening when they update one thing that people across all modes are asking for. Hopefully BAP gets updated at some point. I'd definitely play it if there were more to it. EA is listening to feedback and making changes that affect as much of the community as possible rather than the small population of people in the lesser played modes. There most likely isn't enough time in a year to satisfy everyone.

Show me the statistic about ? This some people here at Forum represent not the main comunity of NHL Hockey. The wishes between Arcade player and real Hockey Freaks are different. Maybe it would be better to load down this game free of charge from Facebook to pay for level after level. Its going in this direction.

[Edited quote formatting by @EA_Roger ]

There was an article on EA's site a couple years ago saying hardly anyone played GM Connected. As far as BAP goes, if it were as popular as you think it is, it would have gotten attention. Companies typically don't ignore modes that sell large quantities of a game for them. EASHL not being in 15 was a different story. They said it had to be pulled shortly before release because it wasn't ready. I imagine that was not an easy decision by any means as that mode has been very popular. So, I don't have true statistics, but it's not hard to see how popular the online modes are vs offline modes.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    As far as BAP goes, if it were as popular as you think it is, it would have gotten attention.

The reason why it isn't more popular is because it's a boring grind in its current state.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    As far as BAP goes, if it were as popular as you think it is, it would have gotten attention.

The reason why it isn't more popular is because it's a boring grind in its current state.

Maybe another reason it isn't popular is you can play it literally for 10 years since it isn't an online mode requiring updates. There are people still playing Be A Pro NHL 14.....

• Maybe another reason it isn't popular is you can play it literally for 10 years since it isn't an online mode requiring updates. There are people still playing Be A Pro NHL 14.....
    That's because NHL 14's BaP (or NHL 15 on previous gen consoles) was significantly more fun than any of the BaP version since they switched to the current gen consoles.

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

That's a fair point. If it had more to do, I'd certainly play it. I suppose it would be more popular, but that's not the case currently. It's a mode that's going to require a ton of work when there is a huge crowd that wants gameplay updates for multiplayer. It's too bad to see the offline guys not get the attention they want, but I can't blame any company for catering more to their biggest audience.