EA Forums - Banner

NHL 19 Roster Update - April 17th

Check out the details on the latest Roster changes here.

"That guy" ruining EASHL drop-in

Prev1
So...I posted about this the other week but violated forum policy by naming his name. Please don't use his name because I don't want this thread closed and feel that EA needs to do something about this.

This person is intentionally trying to stop games from happenning by not picking a team or readying up. He is on almost every night. It's gotten to the point where if you encounter him you may as well go play 3's or not at all.

EA, do you plan on doing anything about this person?

Replies

• There's probably 500 of these guys online almost every day. EA has never .. ever done a single thing about it.

so I'll save you the trouble and give you the only answer you will get here. No, go get some friends and play club 6s, drop in is built for people to grief each other all night.
  • This person (name starts with a C) has never participated in an actual game. The badge rank is still at 1 and the constant trolling of lobbies has killed the community. EA needs to ban these pieces of trash.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    This person (name starts with a C) has never participated in an actual game. The badge rank is still at 1 and the constant trolling of lobbies has killed the community. EA needs to ban these pieces of trash.

agreed although they have never banned anyone. The worst offenders, griefers, trolls, etc... have all been present every single night for as many years as they choose to play the game.
  • Socair
    1539 posts Game Changer
    Since EA doesn’t have an in game reporting system, you have to use the PS4 reporting system. If enough people report him with video proof his account will be suspended I’m sure. Of course, he’ll probably make a new account, if it’s possible with a suspension on the system.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • BassMan_PC
    306 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Socair wrote: »
    Since EA doesn’t have an in game reporting system, you have to use the PS4 reporting system. If enough people report him with video proof his account will be suspended I’m sure. Of course, he’ll probably make a new account, if it’s possible with a suspension on the system.

The problem with that is you can not report people for in-game behaviour on PSN unless it is a Sony game. Third party implementation is handled by the developer. So, EA has to step up and find a solution to this problem.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/my-account/parental-controls/how-to-report-in-game-behaviour-or-user-created-content/

• I know who exactly you are talking about. He just sits in the middle and uses an alternate account to send gamer saloon invites to everyone in the game.

From the link above:
    Most games with online play have reporting options. Your reports go directly to the game developer for them to take action.

If the game was published by SIE our Moderation Team members view the reported content. This is not an automatic system; the people in our moderation team work 24/7 checking reported content, investigating, and taking action against users who don’t stick to the Community Code of Conduct.

Since this game doesn't have any built-in reporting systems, and it's not published by Sony, Socair's solution wouldn't actually work.

• Socair wrote: »

And that is just another example of how EA fails. You have people that are completely ruining this game for large amounts of people every night for years and do nothing about it. It doesn't matter how good you make the game when one person can completely ruin it for 11 others and you do nothing about it. Multiply that by the amount of trolls and how many games they play.

The reason they do nothing about it is because they don't want to. That would take resources. The irony is that here on the forums you get the opposite experience. But that doesn't cost them anything.

Every major squad based online game like this, that I've ever played, has some kind of system to help fight this. EA has nothing so everyone knows that at anytime they can troll a much as they want with no repercussions. I really saw it jump as a problem in nhl 16. Even a system that allows individuals to "flag" a player and then never match then up again that would basically solve the problem... Eventually. Use that same data, see someone that's been flagged 1000s of times and you know without a doubt they are a griefer.
  • Ol gamer saloon invite guy!!!

Yeah. It's neglect to not ban him. We all know him.
  • THIS!!! This right here is why I've been saying EA needs to step up and start banning players, kick players from trolling in game, and also give us an option to report... I've seen a certain someone who's name has been posted on here before and yet nothings been taken care of he's still on most nights playing his stupid loud music and talking with his fake stupid voice screaming in the mic and then in game just causing grief... they tell you to report him via playstation but nothing ever gets taken care of either way. It's PART of some of the reason why online is dying also... I said PART not a big part but part...
  • Kuus2
    181 posts Member
    I still haven’t connected that guy to the gamersaloon invites. For example today he was blocking one lobby alone, but I didnt receive the message.

Could be I just happened to have already blocked the account used this time.
  • WainGretSki
    2391 posts Member
    Socair wrote: »

EA should have a system in place to review grievers and then block their ISP address. Problem solved. Alternate accounts would still use the same ISP address.
  • MDubz83
    150 posts Member
    It's an absolute joke. If there were a bigger community then I wouldn't care but when PS4 gets like 120 online users in drop ins at night, it takes half hour before you ever get in a game. But we get punished for saying his name instead of EA doing anything about this useless troll
  • My thought, one way to combat trolls in the lobbies is increase lobby size to 15 (eg 1 extra F,D,G). You just have to be quick to pick your position, but if there is a troll sitting in middle, by having extra slots open will open lobby for someone else to join, and they can supersede position that is left vacant. Sure this may cause issues with people trying desperately to get a position before someone else who "may" have that extra slot, but least will open the chance of someone else joining and least getting a 6's game going when there is that 1 idiot sitting in the middle wasting everyone's time. Just an idea.
  • My thought, one way to combat trolls in the lobbies is increase lobby size to 15 (eg 1 extra F,D,G). You just have to be quick to pick your position, but if there is a troll sitting in middle, by having extra slots open will open lobby for someone else to join, and they can supersede position that is left vacant. Sure this may cause issues with people trying desperately to get a position before someone else who "may" have that extra slot, but least will open the chance of someone else joining and least getting a 6's game going when there is that 1 idiot sitting in the middle wasting everyone's time. Just an idea.

I really like this idea. Or bring back private lobbies.
  • WainGretSki
    2391 posts Member
    My thought, one way to combat trolls in the lobbies is increase lobby size to 15 (eg 1 extra F,D,G). You just have to be quick to pick your position, but if there is a troll sitting in middle, by having extra slots open will open lobby for someone else to join, and they can supersede position that is left vacant. Sure this may cause issues with people trying desperately to get a position before someone else who "may" have that extra slot, but least will open the chance of someone else joining and least getting a 6's game going when there is that 1 idiot sitting in the middle wasting everyone's time. Just an idea.

Not a bad idea, but sadly, a troll simply has to wait for everybody to ready up, and then quit in the next screen. Or worse yet, you force him into the game where he trolls for who knows how long, and in what way he decides to do it....
  • Foofeenue55
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    My post was directed towards the loser troll who constantly plays "sit in the middle". Opening up more slots will combat that, and once all 12 players are in position game starts leaving the guy in the middle sad and lonely. As for the other trolls who are in position and quitting before the game starts or playing like a toolshed when in game, well that's a whole other thing. -- And I agree w/ Rainbow, bring back private lobbies... Which I am guessing will make a return in 2019.

Edit -- or maybe you meant the middle sitting troll would now just pick a position and quit before game starts, and/or play like a moron in game, if so, then yep, not much can be done about that even if more slots are open....
  • zingaa1
    313 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Maybe if you sit in the middle for more than 10 seconds you get booted, the trolling problem is really bad. Same thing happens if you don't pick a player
  • WainGretSki
    2391 posts Member
    My post was directed towards the loser troll who constantly plays "sit in the middle". Opening up more slots will combat that, and once all 12 players are in position game starts leaving the guy in the middle sad and lonely. As for the other trolls who are in position and quitting before the game starts or playing like a toolshed when in game, well that's a whole other thing. -- And I agree w/ Rainbow, bring back private lobbies... Which I am guessing will make a return in 2019.

Edit -- or maybe you meant the middle sitting troll would now just pick a position and quit before game starts, and/or play like a moron in game, if so, then yep, not much can be done about that even if more slots are open....

Yea the bolded is exactly what I mean. He won't sit in the middle anymore when he realizes he can't troll that way. He will find another way, or ways.
  • Even if Trolling didn't exist, the whole experience of finding a full drop in game is terrible. Often takes longer to find a 6s game than it takes for one team to completely quit.

Why do rooms have a count down? Why not put the count down on a per-user basis, you have 30 seconds to grab a position before being pushed out.

Why is there not a watchdog timer to close out broken lobbies?

Why can't I search as C/RW/RD ? This is a create-a-player mode, all my players are left handed and I have no interest playing the left side. If the reason search is split between F/D is so that you dont come across people who reluctantly selected D but play as a 4th Forward, ITS STILL HAPPENING!

How do you select which server you're searching for a Drop In on? I'd rather wait twice as long than be paired with people from across the continent, doubling or tripling the input delay.

Bring back the 10 game rolling average grades that we had back during the L3 grinds, and display them in lobbies. Lobby pride is real, give something to show other than a badge that represents #ofGamesPlayed. Could even match-make based on that. Get similarly skilled people playing together and its a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
    EASHL player
  • WainGretSki
    2391 posts Member
    Even if Trolling didn't exist, the whole experience of finding a full drop in game is terrible. Often takes longer to find a 6s game than it takes for one team to completely quit.

Why do rooms have a count down? Why not put the count down on a per-user basis, you have 30 seconds to grab a position before being pushed out.

Why is there not a watchdog timer to close out broken lobbies?

Why can't I search as C/RW/RD ? This is a create-a-player mode, all my players are left handed and I have no interest playing the left side. If the reason search is split between F/D is so that you dont come across people who reluctantly selected D but play as a 4th Forward, ITS STILL HAPPENING!

How do you select which server you're searching for a Drop In on? I'd rather wait twice as long than be paired with people from across the continent, doubling or tripling the input delay.

Bring back the 10 game rolling average grades that we had back during the L3 grinds, and display them in lobbies. Lobby pride is real, give something to show other than a badge that represents #ofGamesPlayed. Could even match-make based on that. Get similarly skilled people playing together and its a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Good idea, so long as player grades are per player, and not per team win. Don't know why they took the CR route and basing it on team performance.....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!