EA Forums - Banner

Is there regular drop-in 6's in NHL 19?

Prev134
BassMan_PC
357 posts Member
edited June 2018
I have asked this in other threads, but no reply...

Can we play regular 6's drop-in in an actual arena with no clown gear? I just want to play like it is now. No pond, no clown gear.

Replies

• Please say yes!!!! @Tonyfereli
  • I asked too, dont think we'll get an answer as I think , by the hints in other threads, that the clown gear and ponds are for dropins etc..sad day :(
  • COGSx86
    783 posts Member
    why would they take it out?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    why would they take it out?

The same thing was asked for NHL 15 and we all know how that turned out. They didn't even have EASHL or drop-in until a patch added the most basic drop-in. It felt like NHL 08 again.

This is EA we are talking about.... We expect the worst and hope for bad.

Myself and others have asked about regular drop-in 6's in other threads and the question keeps getting dodged. Also, there is a lot of conflicting and vague information about the inclusion of clown gear, ponds, regular arenas and competitive and non-competitive modes. I just want clarification and confirmation that we can indeed play regular drop-in 6's like we can now. If somebody in the know could chime in, that would be great.

• B-Bunny wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

Dropin is the same as you know it, except its on the outdoor rink and everyone will be wearing casual gear instead of team uniforms. Same goes for the 1v1v1 mode.

The point they wanted to drive was that drop ins were like showing up for a pick-up hockey game. These guys on your team aren't in some league with team jerseys and everything ready to go, it's like going to the park and playing in jeans and hoodies. So you'll have casual gear. If you want to play with real jerseys and in stadiums that will be saved for organized EASHL - as it'll be for real teams looking to advance in the leaderboards.

BassMan_PC wrote :

There you go... 6's drop-in ruined. Clown gear outside. What about experiencing the atmosphere of an arena and team unity with same jerseys? I guess EA wants to promote more selfish play and clown gear.

So, when you are trying to play club and get matched up with nothing but 2's, now what? When your club mates are not on and you want to play some regular hockey, now what? This may be a deal breaker for me as drop-in and club are the only modes that I play. I hope EA reconsiders leaving regular drop-in.

EA Sports - It was in the game!

I agree BassMan.
  • Hey what happened to Bassman_PC's post?
  • I would hope regular 6s and 3s drops are still in......
  • Socair
    2642 posts Game Changer
    I would hope regular 6s and 3s drops are still in......

Drop in will be on ponds with street clothes. Club will be in regular arenas with traditional uniforms.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    I dunno if all y'all calling it clown gear have ever played on an ODR. Ehats so "clown" aabout a hoodie and sweatpants? The concept is actually really cool.

If you want team unity, arena atmosphere, and like jerseys then play ranked EASHL. It's that simple.

I don't see how this promotes selfish play the least.
  • It's not hockey. Unless this is just a cosmetic costume that means nothing... In which case you could have a problem if it's not really way and obvious to discern what each team is wearing.
  • It is hockey at it's most basic form. Some of my best memories of hockey was having beers in my clown gear with my boys for hours on end.

Other games like NBA 2K have modes where everyone wears street clothes. Do they have problems differentiating with friend or foe?

Unless someone on the other team is wearing the exact same outfit, it's amazing how easy your brain differentiates who's who.
  • Follisimo
    1048 posts Member
    I dunno if all y'all calling it clown gear have ever played on an ODR. Ehats so "clown" aabout a hoodie and sweatpants? The concept is actually really cool.

If you want team unity, arena atmosphere, and like jerseys then play ranked EASHL. It's that simple.

NHL 10 was the introduction of the "clown" gear. It had random stats and such on it and people either loved it or they hated it. The only part I hated about the gear was that it had stat bonuses on it so you had to use certain stuff.

But ya I agree with how you see things, but I know the people who don't have their usual teammates on want to try to play some organized drop-ins and with people mix and matching it means they will have to pay more attention to who is on their team.

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    @NHLDev @B-Bunny @Tonyfereli

When you drop in as a team, would it be possible to implement a "wear matching attire" option or something along those lines

Or have a team vote to wear pinnies.
  • Taker66 wrote: »
    Hey what happened to Bassman_PC's post?

I dunno. When I tried to edit it, I got some message saying that it has to be approved before posting. I think EA is trying to censor me for speaking out too much. LOL
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Taker66 wrote: »
    Hey what happened to Bassman_PC's post?

I dunno. When I tried to edit it, I got some message saying that it has to be approved before posting. I think EA is trying to censor me for speaking out too much. LOL

Nah it's a weird forum glitch that happens when you edit the message. I always copy my text before submitting. If and when I get this error I just paste my response and change a word or two for it to submit. No sensoring going on lol.
  • In regards to just playing EASHL if we want the atmosphere and team feel... That is not always an option. Current drop-in is still a good alternative to the experience you get with club. With this new clown gear and outdoor rink, it will not be the same. Nobody asked for this change and it is a forced gimmick that detracts from the current experience. They should keep the current setup with the arena and uniforms.

They could add the outdoor rink and clown gear as an option, but it is just going to fragment the community more. Adding 3's was bad enough and now this stuff is only making it worse. The community is already the smallest it has ever been. They should focus on stuff that actually matters like allowing us to force a server/region for matchmaking, cutting down on the trolling and griefing in lobbies and in game, making it easier to get games going, etc..
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    They should focus on stuff that actually matters like allowing us to force a server/region for matchmaking, cutting down on the trolling and griefing in lobbies and in game, making it easier to get games going, etc..

Maybe they did work on these things. It's crazy, EA released a less than 2 min hype video and everyone is jumping the gun without knowing anything.
    They should focus on stuff that actually matters like allowing us to force a server/region for matchmaking, cutting down on the trolling and griefing in lobbies and in game, making it easier to get games going, etc..

Maybe they did work on these things. It's crazy, EA released a less than 2 min hype video and everyone is jumping the gun without knowing anything.

We have been asking for these things for years and it is the worst it has ever been. Maybe since the game sold so poorly and the community is dying, they will wake up and finally make the necessary changes to stop the bleeding.
    BassMan_PC wrote: »

We have been asking for these things for years and it is the worst it has ever been. Maybe since the game sold so poorly and the community is dying, they will wake up and finally make the necessary changes to stop the bleeding.

They reworked the skating which was probably the largest complaint.

Hopefully going esport gives the dev team more resources to iron out kinks
  • I dunno if all y'all calling it clown gear have ever played on an ODR. Ehats so "clown" aabout a hoodie and sweatpants? The concept is actually really cool.

What if my club is not online? Or only 3 of us and we are waiting for the rest and want to play a drop-in while waiting. What if our 6s club have been searching for 20+ minutes for a club game and only get matched vs 2s teams. All of this happens on a nightly basis for me. So saying if you want real jerseys play club does not cover all the bases IMO. Many times (more so in NHL 18 than any other year) drop-in is really the only choice.

To me the outdoor rinks and gear for drop-ins is not a huge thing. If the game plays better I don't care if I am actually in a clown outfit playing on the moon. But I can see his (baseman) point. Gimmicks (and it is a gimmick) should not be forced on people. People, like you, may love this idea for nostalgia sake. Others won't. You can't please everyone. But since they already had normal rinks/gear drop-in why take that out?? Because they want to force users to use their shiny new gimmick. That is where my gripe lies. Don't remove something people have been using for years and force them to use what you think they want.
    Many players like their game to be authentic and sim-like other don't. Both should be in the game IMO.
    Sure that will split the community but maybe having both modes in a better more playable (RPM) game will grow the community. But upsetting some of your current die hards might drive players away? For what? This could be the straw that broke the camels back. Is the current community so big that it is worth that risk??