EA Forums - Banner

Please tell me you've fixed the AI.

Ysil69
26 posts Member
I know, I know. A LOT of people were asking for clothing and out door rinks. But hopefully you guys found time to fix the massive problems with the AI. Both friendly being mentally challenged and opposing being godlike. Maybe even managed to program in some intelligence so different teams actually play differently.

Seriously. Another year of garbage AI and I'm done with you guys.

Replies

• Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    AI is terrible in every game man. It's terrible in FIFA, NBA 2K, you name it sports wise. People will always find ways to manipulate AI because it's just program limits. If they truly wanted to make AI gods I'm sure they could and then we'd just be angry at RNG how every shot they take goes in, every pass perfect and then people decide to just player lock and let the CPU do the work for them.

It will always have weaknesses.
  • Ysil69
    26 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Don't care about people exploiting ai. I care about it being dumber than a bag of bricks. Every pass IS perfect. Every stick check magnets the puck onto them. Every hit is bone shattering and everytime you hit them they barely stumble. And if you do manage to hit them hard enough to knock them down theyll still get up and grab the puck before you can.

Your defensemen don't get sticks on shots. Their defensemen always cause your shot to wiff. Your team can barely break up a pass, their team will stop anything remotely near them. Your players will never find open ice in the offensive zone, their players are always moving and creating lane's. Your players will get in your way when you're trying to skate. Their players will follow you when your turn back and forth on a dime.

The AI cheats because it's stupid. And has non actual strategy. There's no learning or different play styles. So the only way they can create a "challenge" is by having the AI god mode at times. And it's really obvious. Players who can barely stick handle irl will strip the puck from you like nothing.

So I hope they've fixed it. Because I know a lot of people are getting fed up.
  • Ysil69 wrote: »
    Don't care about people exploiting ai. I care about it being dumber than a bag of bricks. Every pass IS perfect. Every stick check magnets the puck onto them. Every hit is bone shattering and everytime you hit them they barely stumble. And if you do manage to hit them hard enough to knock them down theyll still get up and grab the puck before you can.

Your defensemen don't get sticks on shots. Their defensemen always cause your shot to wiff. Your team can barely break up a pass, their team will stop anything remotely near them. Your players will never find open ice in the offensive zone, their players are always moving and creating lane's. Your players will get in your way when you're trying to skate. Their players will follow you when your turn back and forth on a dime.

The AI cheats because it's stupid. And has non actual strategy. There's no learning or different play styles. So the only way they can create a "challenge" is by having the AI god mode at times. And it's really obvious. Players who can barely stick handle irl will strip the puck from you like nothing.

So I hope they've fixed it. Because I know a lot of people are getting fed up.

I am with you on this one ,i only play offline .and the ai is awful

and actually fifa 18 AI is pretty decent and FUN...
    MRSENATEURS
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The devs know how to make good AI, as you'd know if you played single player modes. The problem is that it seems to apply to CPU AI only. But they do tie up guys in front of their goal, block most passes and most shots, 'accidentally' skate in your guys, bumping them off, and they just generally know how to cover their man. They go on this passing frenzy at your end and they can deke like nobody, literally anyone regardless their puck handling is deking god (whereas my player lose the puck from straight glide for goodness sake).

The same cannot be said of your own team, they're just completely lost most of times. I don't know why this is, is it because having a human player messes the AI, or is it because the devs think you should do ALL the work, and the rest of your team is only half present at best?