EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Still waiting on info for offline modes? Thats a buy or don't buy decision

2Next

Replies

• I completely agree that us Offline only players need some love!!!
    I've been saying that for years now.
    I only play BAGM and I'm very tired of hearing that they cannot implement many items due to them not being good for offline play.
    Such as:

- Goalie Injuries during games
    - Getting kicked out of face-offs
    - Live refs that get in the way (can be turned on or off like it was in 2K hockey)
    - Before and after game interviews
    - Intermission that shows big hits, goals and highlights from other games (like 2K NFL from a long time ago did)

Some other items I would like to see
    - More stat overlays between plays during games
    - Better (and more aggressive) AI
    - Full control over all teams so I can make trades in the middle of a franchise year to emulate real life trades.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

One glitch that was especially frustrating off the top of my head was where an opponent with a superior team (usually in HUT) was able to win faceoffs with their superstar centres repeatedly when they were losing the game. They would then skate back and shoot the puck over the glass from within their end. They did this repeatedly until the game glitches out and freezes. As a result the game does not count. This glitch was clearly in the game for a number of years and well documented on these forums, so it's hard to not feel like that was a slap in the face because that is an example of something that should have been easily removed from the game, even in a patch, and again, it is my place to make that statement because I am a software developer, and I am assuming most of you are not.

This was fixed for 18. There was a different method found this year, but that was removed in February.

So do I get an apology then for you calling me out? lol

That glitch was in the game in 13 & 14 if I am remembering correctly, and you're telling me they just finally took it out in 2018? Are you not completely proving my point? Pretty frustrating, dude.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »

One glitch that was especially frustrating off the top of my head was where an opponent with a superior team (usually in HUT) was able to win faceoffs with their superstar centres repeatedly when they were losing the game. They would then skate back and shoot the puck over the glass from within their end. They did this repeatedly until the game glitches out and freezes. As a result the game does not count. This glitch was clearly in the game for a number of years and well documented on these forums, so it's hard to not feel like that was a slap in the face because that is an example of something that should have been easily removed from the game, even in a patch, and again, it is my place to make that statement because I am a software developer, and I am assuming most of you are not.

This was fixed for 18. There was a different method found this year, but that was removed in February.

So do I get an apology then for you calling me out? lol

That glitch was in the game in 13 & 14 if I am remembering correctly, and you're telling me they just finally took it out in 2018? Are you not completely proving my point? Pretty frustrating, dude.

Yes! Absolutely. Sorry for not recognizing that. It's awesome to have a developer here that can add a lot of insight. I feel like there's far too much assuming about how the game is made.