EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

2KHS skating v.s. NHL 19 skating trailer

Hi guys,
I thought it might be interesting to see both these skating systems side by side, so I captured some footage this morning and just quickly mixed it with the NHL 19 skating trailer.

Replies

• Simulator looks very smooth and hopefully 19 is similar to it.
  • I commented on this on Facebook but I'll copy it here also:

I posted: That [the trailer] makes you appreciate 2k that much more. I took for granted I guess how good the skating looked. I defected from 2k early in the PS3 generation but late in the PS2 generation it was the better of the two games and it had a great price point.
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • That 2k video does have nice looking skating, but looks very floaty at the same time.
  • That 2k video does have nice looking skating, but looks very floaty at the same time.

Interesting to know you feel its a bit floaty. It might be that I overdone it (by making it too smooth) or you just don't like some of the flaws that still need to be fixed/fine tuned.
  • WainGretSki
    3660 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    That 2k video does have nice looking skating, but looks very floaty at the same time.

Interesting to know you feel its a bit floaty. It might be that I overdone it (by making it too smooth) or you just don't like some of the flaws that still need to be fixed/fine tuned.

No, that ain't it.

What I mean is, it doesn't look or feel like the players actually have weight to them. Gives the impression they aren't touching the ice. The animations are nice and fluid, but find a way to make it seem like players are actually carrying weight with them.
  • Thanks for the input guys. It's really interesting to see both versions and approaches side by side, especially with EAs new attempt on skating and physicality, this year.
    Here is a gameplay comparison. It is sometimes hard to see where the actual puck/play is, but hopefully, you can get a "feel" of the flow from it.

• Here comes the extended collisions comparison :)

• twoorb
    52 posts Member
    This is the game I'll likely be playing if NHL 19 doesn't come to PC.

I normally play NHL Legacy on my PS3, but I'm all in on PC gaming and would *love* to have some hockey back on the PC!
  • Simulator 2K hockey looks extremely promising.
  • Thanks.
    Just be prepared that it's a lot different from what EA offers.

And there are still some pretty annoying holes in AI. But as a whole, I have more fun with it than with the EA arcade approach.
  • Complete sim! Including after game showers!! :)
  • Not complete, tuned for 10-15 minutes period. :)
  • Hi,
    Here is a right time when my old friend DJneo must be again as our hero!

Hey Neo, EA must buy your puck physics! It must be a first if anybody from EA do want make a game from the roots.
    I can see how the puck is absolutely real going under goalie body. There is no any collision bubble. It looks so fantastic. I have any tears now in my eyes :)
    I do not understand why you are not at EA develop team now?

Cheers
  • Socair
    2189 posts Game Changer
    Old tread closed; please don’t necropost.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!